Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Ellerbe most likely a bust

1. -51
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dadecounty View Post
    I was thinking to myself why did we just sign Ellerbe to so much money. The Ravens have been my 2nd favorite team ever since I can remember growing up in D.C. and I am totally in shock that why would Ireland pay him that much money. I remember correctly that Ray Lewis has made others around him better and have gotten other linebackers paid but they ended up being busts for other teams. So I went on to google and searched for all the linebackers that played with Ray Lewis and have gotten paid. Here are some names: Adelius Thomas, Bart Scott, Jarret Johnson and Edgerton Hartwell. Though we have been active in free agency we really haven't made any big moves. In fact I think our defense got downgraded at linebacker and we are in for a great disappointment on D.
    This thread is a bust
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You ever notice posts that disagree with anything the dolphins do are always busts. You ever notice writers that dont like our moves are always awful writers. You ever notice players we dont resign are really not that good. You ever notice how a post praising what the dolphins do is a very insightful post. You ever notice only the writers that like our moves have a clue. The players we sign are always the best choices.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back

WVdolphan "Ireland gets it.
    And those who also get it, know that Ireland gets it. Those who are clueless are still concerned about cornfed and the running game"

WVDOLPHAN "The last thing this team should be worried about is the OC(offensive corn). When you add it all up, its really a pretty solid OC"
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Damn SugarBowl

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ellerbe spent a good deal of time under ray. he will have a lot of leadership to bring here and good chemistry with reshad. well see how it plots out
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dadecounty View Post
    I was thinking to myself why did we just sign Ellerbe to so much money. The Ravens have been my 2nd favorite team ever since I can remember growing up in D.C. and I am totally in shock that why would Ireland pay him that much money. I remember correctly that Ray Lewis has made others around him better and have gotten other linebackers paid but they ended up being busts for other teams. So I went on to google and searched for all the linebackers that played with Ray Lewis and have gotten paid. Here are some names: Adelius Thomas, Bart Scott, Jarret Johnson and Edgerton Hartwell. Though we have been active in free agency we really haven't made any big moves. In fact I think our defense got downgraded at linebacker and we are in for a great disappointment on D.

This is my problem with the message board . A person states an opinion on a player that is drafted or a free agent and if its not a positive opinion for some reason it has less merit.

He doesnt think the linebackers are upgrades and he thinks its the system more than the player. who hasnt had an opinion like this to a degree. Now I judge ellerbee on his own very limited merits but I dont get all the thumbs down for having an opinion.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    He may end up being a bust, I'd be more concerned w/ him barely starting and making this money based off a few really good games in postseason than about comparing him to past Bal LBs and Bart Scott was a great signing for us, he was excellent his first 2 years and only had one bad year for us while helping us to the doorstep of the SB twice.
    Sometimes you have to take a chance regarding players flourishing in your system. If he busts, he busts.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ellerbe most likely a bust

Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    You ever notice posts that disagree with anything the dolphins do are always busts. You ever notice writers that dont like our moves are always awful writers. You ever notice players we dont resign are really not that good. You ever notice how a post praising what the dolphins do is a very insightful post. You ever notice only the writers that like our moves have a clue. The players we sign are always the best choices.
    Ever notice that you always piss on everything related to the dolphins?

There are two sides of the coin, and they are both annoying. Seems like people entrench themselves in one position, then view all moves through that prism.
    Bluebird in Hell

Just published my first game for iOS if anyone is interested...
    It's a free time waster.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    You ever notice that you make this same point in 90% of your posts?
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    One of 16 Vestal Virgins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    leaving for the coast
    Thanks / No Thanks

JEST PEST

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    can you ever stay on topic? i would think someone like you would hate the Ellerbe signing b/c of whatt he original poster mentioned but being hypocritical as always you love it I'm sure.
    Really, you calling anyone else hypocritical is like Michelle Ryan calling some other alternative lifestyle swapper a "slut." Can you ever overcome the OCD urge to passive aggressively crap on what most finsfans consider a hopeful development that absolutely has nothing to do with you or the jest? FWIW, us realists on here laughed our ass off at that Buttfumbler extension but I don't believe any of use went on TGG to rain on the delusional parade.

Oh and to kill 2 birds with one stone, the noob OP who's come out of nowhere - or one of the Ravens butthurt forums is just more ammunition in my crusade to make Thread Starting an earned privilege based on membership tenure, posts and reps. So as far as bringing that up, thanks for that.

Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Those other LB's played with Lewis in his prime. This kid was the best LB on the Ravens roster.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Ever notice that you always piss on everything related to the dolphins?

There are two sides of the coin, and they are both annoying. Seems like people entrench themselves in one position, then view all moves through that prism.
    actually I dont but some people only choose to see that side. I never said one negative word about resigning Moore and said it was a good move. Although I think we overpaid I said at least it was for a dynamic player. I changed my stance on the Hartline contract after some of the free agent deals came out and said I felt now it was solid market value. I dislike the contract we gave ellerbee based on his very limited success . So I dont see how im only seeing one side of the coin. Overall since he has been here I feel Ireland has down some good things but his bad outweighs his good as evidenced by our 4th straight losing season. I mean we now have two more failed free agent signings in Dansby and Burnett.

I guess more than anything if my actual opinion something is not good then whats wrong with it. I have no bias. If I felt ireland did something good I would say it. Please tell em once where I bashed Tannehill or the pick. In fact so many posters panicked early in season last year when he struggled and I spoke against that but of course Im just always negative. I mean we havent won a superbowl in 4 decades, not been to one in 3 decades, not won a playoff game in a decade and not had a winning season in almost half a decade. So with that being quite true unless I see some amazing stuff going on, shouldnt I be more than skeptical about moves I personally dont agree with.
    Quote Quote