Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Ellerbe most likely a bust

1. -61
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    dlockz, I have never seen you post one positive thing about Dolphin personnel decisions since I've been reading this forum. Why should anyone consider your posts insightful? Dadecounty is obviously a troll. His questions are made in such a way as to raise "hackles" more so than discussion.
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LVfinfan19 View Post
    He played while ray Lewis was hurt. So how did he make him better?
    My thoughts exactly. They didn't play side by side. Wasn't he his backup.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 72PhinFan View Post
    dlockz, I have never seen you post one positive thing about Dolphin personnel decisions since I've been reading this forum. Why should anyone consider your posts insightful? Dadecounty is obviously a troll. His questions are made in such a way as to raise "hackles" more so than discussion.

Hmm I praised the resigning of Matt Moore. I changed my mind on the Hartline contract. I praised the Tannehill pick. There has more more negativity because they has been more negative results. Make the team a contender and I will definately have a positive outlook on my team. The only major positive for me as dolphin fan right now is we may have found our long term qb. I would add that we signed a guy that couldnt even make an nfl team as a rookie and he has become one of the best pass rushers in the league. Overall though I cant go wild on the positive for a team that has not had a winning season in 4 years. Hey maybe im different but i refuse to just have blind faith

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 72PhinFan View Post
    Also I dont see him as most likely a troll. I see him as a person thats not a fan of the ellerbee signing, how does that make one a troll?
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Steamboat Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This thread is a disappointment...........that's my take.

Reshad "GET IT ON" Jones
    gettin it on!
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    BJJ Black Belt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This might be one of the WORST threads ever on FH. Please delete.
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Love these generalizations someone no one here is familiar with pulls out of his/her azz - which turns out not to be correct at that as Ellerbe also excelled replacing Ray. Why not also contend that Washington was stupid drafting RG3 against the odds, as there hadn't been a successful Baylor QB since Cotton Davidson and Don Trull in the old, less competitive AFL? Hell, for that matter, shame on the Colts drafting Luck, considering the last QB to be NFL-successful was Elway close to 30 years ago. Unlike these two with no empirical evidence that they could transition to the NFL, aAt least with Ellerbe, there's a reasonable impressive body of work competing at the highest level.

geno and idzik have done the impossible: make jets fans wish the tanny/sanchez days were here again > Darksider, Jetnation

Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Love these generalizations someone no one here is familiar with pulls out of his/her azz - which turns out not to be correct at that as Ellerbe also excelled replacing Ray. Why not also contend that Washington was stupid drafting RG3 against the odds, as there hadn't been a successful Baylor QB since Cotton Davidson and Don Trull in the old, less competitive AFL? Hell, for that matter, shame on the Colts drafting Luck, considering the last QB to be NFL-successful was Elway close to 30 years ago. Unlike these two with no empirical evidence that they could transition to the NFL, aAt least with Ellerbe, there's a reasonable impressive body of work competing at the highest level.

i dont agree with his theory although I dont see ellerbee as being that special of a player to give that kind of contract to. I personally thought Adalius Thomas was going to be a helluva player when he went to NE. I just dont see his post as anymore silly than any other posts on here.
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I tend to be clingy when it comes to our own. I loved Dansby and Burnett. But the truth is these guys lost a step and neither made a game-impacting play between them all last year. They were getting paid a ton. I like the LB moves - it's a bold move but I don't see any downside. Question for me is will we essentially get the same production out of these guys or will they elevate the LB play. To me this was Ireland's ballsiest move as GM yet - and I like it. If it works out I just may forgive him for the horrible BM and VD trades...
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Hmm I praised the resigning of Matt Moore. I changed my mind on the Hartline contract. I praised the Tannehill pick. There has more more negativity because they has been more negative results. Make the team a contender and I will definately have a positive outlook on my team. The only major positive for me as dolphin fan right now is we may have found our long term qb. I would add that we signed a guy that couldnt even make an nfl team as a rookie and he has become one of the best pass rushers in the league. Overall though I cant go wild on the positive for a team that has not had a winning season in 4 years. Hey maybe im different but i refuse to just have blind faith

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Also I dont see him as most likely a troll. I see him as a person thats not a fan of the ellerbee signing, how does that make one a troll?
    I stand corrected. Just read your post about the offseason. It was balanced and fair, though I don't agree with your assessment on Ellerbe. Just because he didn't start any games doesn't mean he isn't worthy of a promotion. It's just that your criticisms are so scathing at times they overshadow any positive posts

As to the troll comment, it could be that dadecounty is just young. He certainly gave an opinion, but it seemed insubstantial. None of the reasons he gave clearly countered some of the pertinent responses. For instance, Bart Scott, who I think is a great example of a player benefitting from Baltimore's system, was older than Ellerbe by two years when he went to the Jets. I don't think Ellerbe is another Scott. He's younger and faster. Also, it seemed that Baltimore, who's front office is one of the best, wanted Ellerbe more than Paul Kruger or Anquan Boldin. Indications are he was second only to Flacco. From what I can tell, Ellerbe is a sideline to sideline lb. And, according to PFF (you may not consider them a good source, I think they help with evaluations), Ellerbe is one of last year's best blitzing lbs. Hits and hurries can be just as effective as a sack if the QB is rattled and turnovers come by them. For me, this is what Coyle is trying to devleop. A Defense with multiple options in the pass rush so that an opposing Offense is guessing on pass blocking assignments. This is also why we targetted Wheeler. Disruption on the OL creating turnover oppertunities. I also believe the Dolphins will be transitioning to more of a zone than man-to-man. It is why Sean Smith didn't get even an offer from the Dolphins. He doesn't fit the Defense.

All of a sudden, now Ireland seems miserly. He let Keller leave Miami. He wasn't competative with Bennet. I believe Ireland has a plan and is sticking with it. Who is critical to the new Offensive and Defensive schemes and who isn't? Wallace, Ellerbe, Wheeler, and Hartline are. Cook and Gibson probably are. He missed on Cook. Keller and Bennet aren't. None of the CBs availabe are (probably because in Coyle's scheme they aren't significant upgrades to the two jokers we currently have there). Anyway, again I apologize for writing that you only post criticisms about Dolphin personnel decisions. I was wrong.
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ellerbe most likely a bust

Quote Originally Posted by dadecounty View Post
    I was thinking to myself why did we just sign Ellerbe to so much money. The Ravens have been my 2nd favorite team ever since I can remember growing up in D.C. and I am totally in shock that why would Ireland pay him that much money. I remember correctly that Ray Lewis has made others around him better and have gotten other linebackers paid but they ended up being busts for other teams. So I went on to google and searched for all the linebackers that played with Ray Lewis and have gotten paid. Here are some names: Adelius Thomas, Bart Scott, Jarret Johnson and Edgerton Hartwell. Though we have been active in free agency we really haven't made any big moves. In fact I think our defense got downgraded at linebacker and we are in for a great disappointment on D.
    The Ravens trusted him 1-on-1 with the Gronk and Hernandez when they played the Patriots. He is a very good cover LB. His range is big for a LB. he is a significant upgrade for a defense that TEs abuse on a regular basis.
    Quote Quote