Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ellerbe is a bust thread got moved?

1. -1
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks

The Ellerbe is a bust thread got moved?

Maybe there should be a disclaimer saying that only positive threads are allowed here. It was an unpopular opinion, but it is based just as much in reality as any other opinion. Why is this site so afraid of dissenting opinions?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    E tū iho nei, tū iho nei, hī!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Swantoon View Post
    Maybe there should be a disclaimer saying that only positive threads are allowed here. It was an unpopular opinion, but it is based just as much in reality as any other opinion. Why is this site so afraid of dissenting opinions?
    Just a question...if he hasnt even played a down with us....how can you say he is a bust?

Maybe....try rewording things, and then backing them up with quality analysis like:

"In my opinion, Ellerbe wont fit into this system....and here is why"
    TOUCHDOWN MIAMI!!!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Lil Qweezy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not a mod, but I would consider that Spam. How is Ellerbe a bust when he has yet to play a down for us? You are jumping the gun.

And my question was rhetorical, i'm not looking for your explanation. If I was, I would have clicked that silly thread you made.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not sold yet. Undrafted free agent making that kind of money based on a few games towards the end of the season, hmmmm. Not gonna right him off as a bust yet, but got a lot to prove in my book.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    THE FUTURE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Probably got moved to the trash were it belonged. Could have been backed by stats in games where ray Lewis played with and without ellerbe.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SC.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No one knows what will happen. Maybe Wallace is the bust? Better to wait before judging anyone. But the OP has every right in the world to have an opinion. We all have them, even if we are wrong.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There's a credibility issue as to the OPs agenda coming out of nowhere this month to start this thread. I've long advocated that thread starting privileges should be both earned and revoked based on criteria including length of membership, number of posts and nature of reputation. An Ellerbe critique of this nature would resonate more credibly, even if most took issue, if it had originated from someone who we're familiar with who's proven his impartiality IMO.

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I didn't make the thread, and have no idea if Ellerbe will be a bust or not. It's just a shame to see this site turn into an either go with the group or get out site.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yea, that's pretty sad. The guy thought it out and had examples of Raven defensive player busts who were in the exact same situation as Ellerbe this year. I feel like he was wronged, so....He had LBs and DEs (Adalius Thomas, Bart Scott, Ed Hartwell, Anthony Weaver, Jarrett Johnson) and I think it holds true for DBs as well: Dawan Landry, Nakamura, Zbikowski. Defensive guys who have left Baltimore recently haven't performed to the same degree.

If you can post how much you like a deal, why can't you post that you doubt it?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Well to be fair, FA's and draft picks get lauded as steals, impact players and huge assets without having played a down for us all the time. This is no indication of how i think Ellerbe will turn out, i have no idea, but their does tend to be a bit of a double standard at times.
    Quote Quote