Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 16 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dustin Keller Story, A Case study of Jets fan's five stages of grief

1. -1
    New Mexico Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Mexico
    Thanks / No Thanks

Smack Dustin Keller Story, A Case study of Jets fan's five stages of grief

I present to you, Dustin Keller Story, A small Case study of Jets fan's five stages of grief. Compiled from GangGreen posts.

Stage 1: Shock
    - After first hearing the news that Keller was visiting Miami on 3-13. (Wed: Morning)

nyjunc This would be a tough blow. That Miami receiving corps will be outstanding w/ the addition of keller and w/ us getting rid of Revis it may not be pretty. If we can keep revis I have no worried but it doesn't sound like that is hapepning.Don't do it Dustin, don't ruin your career by putting on those girly colors.
    Murrell2878 -I'm not worried about Wallace. Cro can take care of Wallace, but Keller would kill us in Miami. This is a dumb DUMB move to not re-sign Keller.
    Jetfan76 -Sadly you are right,I always felt Keller would have been a probowler if he were on an explosive offensive team with a good QB.
    NFL-Keller was and still is in my opinion the priority resign target for the Jets. Above Landry. Moore would be pretty close too.
    TurkJetFan -not worried about Wallace? Wallace is a game breaker and schooled Cro in the end zone last year. I do not want Keller in Miami and agree on that. I'll say, the Dolphins are having the best offseason in the NFL on both sides of the ball IMO.
    NYJetsRevis24 -The Dolphins are gonna be the second best team in the divison next year. Ty already signed Wallace , Elerbe, and now Keller will likeley leave. We need Keller we have no weapons as it is
    Barcs -Letting Keller go will be a huge mistake. I really hope he doesn't end up on an AFC east team. That would be the worst.

Stage 2: Anger - Once the News had set in that a deal might be close with Miami 3/13/ (Wed afternoon)

Falco21 -BLOW IT UP BABY!! Let them have Keller. Injury prone and never really evolved into a "great" TE. We are rebuilding right now. Removing everything we can and starting from scratch. Miami can sign all the big name free agents they want. We all know signing big names doesn't win championships. We may suck next season, but Miami is not going anywhere either. NE will rule the division and Miami, if they make it to the playoffs, will just fall immediately.
    Bill Belichdouche -Let him go to Miami, See if I give a ****
    The Dark Knight -What should I do with my Keller jersey? Burn it or burn it? I think i'll burn it.

Stage 3: Hope/Bargaining -After he left Miami without a contract on 3/14 (Thursday)

Testaverde -I'm glad he left Miami without a contract. I don't want to see him in Miami.
    17a_tailgater -if he is only being offered a 1 year contract around the league,i dont see why we shouldnt scoop him back up.
    Falco21 -Quote: Originally Posted by Jake ^Right on.This is our chance to make him a deal. I wasn't so much depressed that they were letting Keller walk, but I think with a WCO he could be lethal. depends on price.
    Jake -But I've already come to terms with his being gone, I'd really prefer it not be Miami.

Stage 4: Depression -A Few seconds after Signing with dolphins on 3/15 (Friday)

Jet Pac -Good riddance DK. Have fun taking balls to the face from Tannehill.
    LongTimeJetsFan -I guarantee that he will not make the probowl in 2013.
    jaywayne12 -Pennington, when he left the Jets, was someone I wanted to see out of the "Jet system" to see if it was us or him. Sounds absurd..but Keller is a guy many of us thought had a world of talent but never became that downfield threat or open space runner. On occasion, yeah..but very rare. This should be interesting because I just always felt it was either that he was in a crap system with crap qb's or was that he could never gain any seperationi because he was not a very good route runner.
    buttfumble..while everyone says it was his safe and best target..would live off the 7 yard button hook pattern probably on 80 % of his catches.
    Lets see what he does down in Miami because he never was a guy that demanded special coverage and lossened the field up for others. The system? The qb? Sounds like that would be it but Im not so sure about that.
    displacedfan -I think you guys will him to be great on 3rd down but kind of upset he's not amazing at anything. He's a solid receiver with okay hands and okay size who's not that big. You can't leave him open, he will burn you, but you don't have to do much to limit him
    xxedge72x -Or... he'll be exactly what he was here when healthy. A guy who will give you four decent catches a game, drop one pass in a big moment, or otherwise do something else that makes you scratch your head.Certainly not a bad player, but honestly not disappointed to lose him. He can be replaced.

Stage 5: Acceptance - about an hour after the signing. on 3/15 (Friday Afternoon)

NYJetsRevis24 -I hate this move , He was a first round draft pick and we have even less weapons now. I dont know what Idziks plan is but it seems like he is getting rid of to many people to fast, you cant replace all these guys in one year so why get rid of everyone right away. I get what he is trying to do but he is leaving us to thin. Now we need 10 starters, and the only moves we keep making or hearing news about is bringing in washed up QB's to compete, if they were rookie QB's id get the idea of a QB competition but weve seen the body of work from Garrad and Kolb we know what they are already
    Dirtybuttfumble - I wouldn't be surprised if he statistically does a bit better than he did with the Jets as he will have some nice players around him. I remember him being called "Helen Keller" for awhile because he accidentally ran out of bounds or something on a critical play. lol What is Miami going to do at RB?
    Southbayjetsfan4life -Happy for DK. Maybe Miami will use his unappreciated talents.If he stays healthy, I see a big year. I never understood why the Jets drafted him in the first place.Doesn't have the speed of Vernon Davis but he was still faster than most TEs. This off season just seems to be getting better.

Last edited by catch22; 03-17-2013 at 09:03 PM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We draft Efiert, jaws will drop.

lol
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Underpaying All Free Agents

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fantastic, fantastic post! Someone should make one of these revolving around the stages of emotions around us drafting Ted Ginn. It would be 17 stages long.

The Miami Dolphins: Your home for QBs weeping in the fetal position since 1999.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Fin Fan from MD

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's funny stuff right there.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Haha! It's funny because the Jets suck
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Brandon Thomas - OT/OG - Clemson
    6. Storm Johnson - RB - South Florida
    7. Calvin Barnett - DT - Oklahoma State

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Canadian Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ottawa, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That was awesome. Well done and thanks.
    Andyman
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    is that the same nyjunc that is on here?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Junc's comment about the Dolphins girly colors. ****ing 12 year old...

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Classic!
    Quote Quote