Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pattersons 2010 stats 52tckle 4int 1sack, can he duplicate that as full time starter?

1. -1
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

Suggestion Pattersons 2010 stats 52tckle 4int 1sack, can he duplicate that as full time starter?

So I'm sitting here thinking the best approach we could take to sew up the cornerback position. I remember reading from omar, mando, and so on that coyle and the staff like patterson and were impressed that he was thrw into the fire and adapted to coyles system easily in the final 2 games. So i starting looking at his history and saw that into 2010 he had a solid year for the eagles with 52 tackles 4 ints and a sack. Not sure if he was playing nickel or the boundary. So how would u feel if we restrutured his deal and then draft xavier rhodes and have both patterson and rhodes on the boundary?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hokies class of 2016

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ford LogoDolphins HomerTannehill 17Snakes!Xbox Logo
    I remember the last game of the season he was within a few feet of every reciever that got thrown to. I was impressed for sure
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I may be in the minority here, but based on what I saw when he joined the Dolphins, I liked Patterson. I'd like him to come back.

Marshall - he is the guy I am not as high on. Masrhall seems a step slow to me. I am talking football speed here.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rhodes Marshall Patterson
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I actually really liked Patterson when he was here. I understand why people doubt him though, he was very shaky before he got to us.

I actually have more confidence in him then Richard Marshall and his back.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I liked what I saw in McCann much more than Marshall
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The answer to the question posed in the title is "no". Specifically because he is consistently awful when asked to play on the perimeter as a starting corner is asked to do.

Dimitri Patterson has always been a good slot corner in nickel. But that's not that rare, it's not usually worth paying for. Right now the corners out there on the market are getting about $5 million a year and here Dimitri Patterson is making $4.5 million in 2013. That's not worth it.

The other thing to note is there's a reason Philly didn't have him back and a reason the Browns cut him less than one year into his brand spanking new 3 year deal. Supposedly he told the Browns he didn't want to be active on game days until he was for sure 100% healthy, because he didn't want to put out any bad tape. The fact that they cut him less than a year after giving him a 3 year deal including a fair amount of bonus...supports this rumor.

And the first thing he did in Miami was get hurt. He played one game and got hurt at the very beginning of his second game. Even Richard Marshall lasted longer before he got hurt, and he actually tried to play through the injury. At least Marshall is a leader, he'll play through pain, be a good locker room personality, and do what the coached want. And as a pure slot corner in nickel, his numbers are nearly as good as Patterson's. And they're better on the perimeter.

I would cut Dimitri Patterson.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ^^^^ @ckparrothead thanns for that insight im leaning your way now. But what was behind his solid 2010 season?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Specifically?

It wasn't that solid at all. You're looking at the interceptions but that's not the whole story. He was thrown on 79 times with 49 catches for 642 yards and 6 TDs on 348 snaps in coverage. Understandably, people may not have great perspective on how good or bad those numbers are...but they're not good. Those are bad numbers. I believe he was let go by the Eagles immediately after that year.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clearwater, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    He was out of place a lot from what I saw last year. Not interested in what he has to offer at all.
    Quote Quote