Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Elvis wants to play for Miami

1. -71
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He is from Miami. Family is here. Lives down here still I think
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And he owns a home in Miami.
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miasmaFIN View Post
    As you know its been reported that Elvis wants to play here. That is so astounding if true considering all the media hype about players not liking our GM and whatnot. Is there a connection between us....a ex-coach or something? Also, I honestly believe that Miami is defiantly interested in him if this is true. Jake came home to make a deal and you would have to believe that we had an offer for him waiting to sign, then suddenly its taking alot of time to get done....right after all Dumervil situation unfolded. I don't think teams were expecting a shot at him. If he gets signed this would be the coup of the offseasn and no-one, I mean no-one could talk crap about our FA moves this year. But still....its head-scratching...What is that connection?
    He's from Miami.
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    The last 4 posts have it. Born and raised in Miami, went to Miami Jackson High School has family here.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Home town. We're passing out lucrative contracts like their candy on Halloween. Better weather than Denver. Taxes. Playing opposite Wake. We need a pass rusher. Up and coming team. Grass not turf. Great place to retire. I'm sure there are other reasons, but that's a good start.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa by way of NEW YORK CITY!!
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Really!

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

What dr phin said.
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not a fan. He wants a lot of money. Rather ink Abraham or Osi for a year and draft an Edge rusher.
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah he's from Miami and I am sure he isn't happy that he is being asked to take a pay cut. Then he gets cut because of the paper work and feels sour about the whole situation. So he figures to make the most out of it to make sure he gets the best deal going. I am sure he wouldn't MIND playing for the fins, but he also wouldn't mind going back to play in Denver. We have to remember he figures to have a decent shot at getting a ring with Peyton and the donkeys and he might be right. So IMO the only way we get him is if we offer more than the donkeys. No way he is going to give us some sweetheart deal just because his family is from here.

If the money is the same he probably goes with Peyton and tries to get a ring with a team he is familiar with. He knows their system and is comfortable with the coaches and team etc. Then again if we overpay by a little bit we could get him. Personally I would rather have him and Winston, than Jake. I just don't see Jake as being a good fit for us with the zone blocking. I would love to sign Winston, Dumerville, and Grimes or Porter before the draft. We would have a real shot at competing this year.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am sure there are some contracts we can rescind to make it happen. Mullet Man comes to mind. Can we de franchise Starks and slide Odrick inside?
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    EVERYBODY wants a lot of money. Want in one hand and **** in the other and see which one fills up fastest. He may "want" 9 million a year but he's not getting it. Just like Jake Long might want 10 million and in his mind actually think he's worth that but nobody in their right mind is going to give him 10 million. Jake Long is worth 5 million. His play the last 3 years dictates that of a 5 million dollar Tackle. He'll likely get 7 million but hopefully we arent the dumbasses giving it to him.
    Quote Quote