Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Why not Vollmer?

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington, DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

FA Why not Vollmer?

Before FA started, the 4 guys I wanted the most were Wallace, Cook, Levitre, and Vollmer. My question is...why hasn't Vollmer been signed by anyone and why doesn't Miami have any interest??? I know they want Long back first, but I can't imagine Vollmer being any more expensive than Long, and he's younger and can swing between LT and RT. The guy is a stud and I'd love to have him on Miami (and hurt the Pats in the process). The only thing that I know of that may be an issue is that he apparently may have some back issues. I don't know how serious it is, but I'm thinking this must be the only reason he hasn't signed w/ anyone. If we don't sign Long, what do you guys think of Martin at LT and Vollmer at RT? Is that just a pipe dream of mine?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Would consider that if he is healthy.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    TRUE AMERICAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    WHY NOT VOLMER?

because ireland has a sick man crush on JAKE LONG, ala wanny/feebler.

he would rather have his broken down boy toy jake than a pro bowl pass rushing DE like dumerville, that we desperatly need to pair with wake and one of the two players on o-line out there who can actulally STILL pass block. a player like dumerville RARELY hits the market and expecially one who can be had without giving up ANY draft pics!!

this is why i was scared about ireland getting the keys to the most promising off season in many, many years.

what makes this all so hard to stomach is watching the seahawks and bucs and 9ers and chiefs and colts making all the right moves and grabbing the talent they need at the right prices. dumerville has reportedly said he prefers to play in miami and i bet ireland doesnt even put in a call.

wake and dumerville. can you picture that? throw in trufant and in the draft and sign grimes and we are in major business on defense. its there! its in our grasp to have 2 pro bowl pass rushers on our D and were going to leave him to the pats or jets and hang on to a guy who cant stop defenders from mashing our young, talented qb.

yeah, yeah, i know. ireland is a genious, i'm a hater.
    LIFE BEHIND BARS!!

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd just point out that if Ireland had a man crush on Jake. He would have signed him a long time ago. The fact that he will not give Jake the money that Jake clearly wants is the hold up. With that said, I would love to sign Elvis.

Quote Originally Posted by NRA View Post
    WHY NOT VOLMER?

because ireland has a sick man crush on JAKE LONG, ala wanny/feebler.

he would rather have his broken down boy toy jake than a pro bowl pass rushing DE like dumerville, that we desperatly need to pair with wake and one of the two players on o-line out there who can actulally STILL pass block. a player like dumerville RARELY hits the market and expecially one who can be had without giving up ANY draft pics!!

this is why i was scared about ireland getting the keys to the most promising off season in many, many years.

what makes this all so hard to stomach is watching the seahawks and bucs and 9ers and chiefs and colts making all the right moves and grabbing the talent they need at the right prices. dumerville has reportedly said he prefers to play in miami and i bet ireland doesnt even put in a call.

wake and dumerville. can you picture that? throw in trufant and in the draft and sign grimes and we are in major business on defense. its there! its in our grasp to have 2 pro bowl pass rushers on our D and were going to leave him to the pats or jets and hang on to a guy who cant stop defenders from mashing our young, talented qb.

yeah, yeah, i know. ireland is a genious, i'm a hater.
    Quote Quote