Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 151617181920

Thread: Official NCAA Tournament Thread

1. -191
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Are you trying to intimate that my consideration of the Canes is as speciously homeristic and subjectively superficial as yours is regarding what constitutes a 3 year run of "elitism" or a top 10 QB?? Hmm, .
    Quote Quote  

2. -192
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    you are obviously being a homer for a team you barely knew existed before this year and as I suspected you cannot give me a reason why UM will be a top team if Larkin returns. The deflections continue...
    Quote Quote  

3. -193
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    If Larkin stays, it's the Canes' trophy to lose.
    Well, I'll see your Larkin and raise you a Russ Smith is returning. I think the defending champs might have something to say about your "trophy to lose". LOL.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

4. -194
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    Well, I'll see your Larkin and raise you a Russ Smith is returning. I think the defending champs might have something to say about your "trophy to lose". LOL.
    Miami w/ or w/o larkin isn't anywhere near the Nat'l Title discussion. They had their shot last year and they blew it against a team they were much better than.

Congrats on Smith returning, I don't see UL going back to back but they are FF contenders.
    Quote Quote  

5. -195
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Miami w/ or w/o larkin isn't anywhere near the Nat'l Title discussion. They had their shot last year and they blew it against a team they were much better than.

Congrats on Smith returning, I don't see UL going back to back but they are FF contenders.

We could very well go back to back. Since Russ is coming back we return 76% of our scoring, 73% of our rebounds, 69% of our steals, and 50% of our assists. We add the #1 JUCO player in the country in PG Chris Jones (he was originally recruited by TN out of high school), 2 prolific shooters/scorers, and a PF that can shoot the 3. Our starting center will be a 6'10" African kid that red-shirted this season (playing against Dieng everyday in practice) and is better offensively than Gorgui was at this point in his college career. We're a top 5 team and very much in the National Title conversation.
    Quote Quote  

6. -196
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We could very well go back to back. Since Russ is coming back we return 76% of our scoring, 73% of our rebounds, 69% of our steals, and 50% of our assists. We add the #1 JUCO player in the country in PG Chris Jones (he was originally recruited by TN out of high school), 2 prolific shooters/scorers, and a PF that can shoot the 3. Our starting center will be a 6'10" African kid that red-shirted this season (playing against Dieng everyday in practice) and is better offensively than Gorgui was at this point in his college career. We're a top 5 team and very much in the National Title conversation.
    you are losing 3 key players off the team, I'm not saying you can't but the competition will be much stronger at the top this year and UL will be slightly weaker plus it's very difficult to repeat. I expect they will compete but I don't expect they will win it again.
    Quote Quote  

7. -197
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    you are losing 3 key players off the team, I'm not saying you can't but the competition will be much stronger at the top this year and UL will be slightly weaker plus it's very difficult to repeat. I expect they will compete but I don't expect they will win it again.
    2 players lost - Siva and Dieng. Everyone else returns.

Yes, repeating is difficult but to say U of L isn't in the title hunt next season is ignoring the facts.
    Quote Quote  

8. -198
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2 players lost - Siva and Dieng. Everyone else returns.

Yes, repeating is difficult but to say U of L isn't in the title hunt next season is ignoring the facts.
    I thought Hancock was a senior not that he is a great player but he had a great title game. Either way you lose 2 key players, can they overcome? yes but it will not be easy. Winning next year will be a lot harder than this year.

Where did I say they wouldn't be in the hunt?

Larkin is going to the NBA, I guess Miami won't be winning it all this year.
    Quote Quote