Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Ross and Ireland all smiles after free agency haul

  1. -11
    fishfanmiami's Avatar
    grip it and rip it

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    7,530
    vCash:
    1706
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    A new direction that is almost opposite of the Parcells "big uns" philosophy. Looks like they threw away the height and weight requirements for positions and now are after young , fast , play makers.TD's and turnovers are what we are after now and it's about time.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    uk_dolfan's Avatar
    Super Donator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2012
    Posts:
    7,009
    vCash:
    15613
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

    Re: Ross and Ireland all smiles after free agency haul

    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    I never thought I'd see the day inside the Dolphins organization where they would be the team that I believe executed a damn near flawless offseason. Never thought I'd see it...

    ..but they've managed to achieve nearly exactly that. The combination of guys they got rid of, combined with the way they attacked free agency added up to almost mirror what I would consider a perfect offseason. The only thing that would've made it perfect up to this point would've been adding John Abraham and Eric Winston.

    As always, it's going to be up to the front office to complete the task by having a sound strategy heading into the draft, and plucking TALENT at cornerstone positions. Loaded with 11 picks, and the draft being deep at precisely all of the positions where Miami's most pressing needs are... it's going to be hard for even Ireland to screw this one up.

    Believe it or not, the Dolphins should feel very good about where they're at because it's going to be awful difficult for it not to get even better a little over a month from now.
    High praise indeed!

    I feel similarly but I would like a CB and tackle. Im a little disapointed about not picking up a CB like Lewis or Cox as they went for reasonable prices.. and it would have been nice if we had got Cook but well its not Irelands fault he wanted silly money.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    DolphinDevil28's Avatar
    I like boobs.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2003
    Posts:
    12,917
    vCash:
    6634
    Loc:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    The unmistakable first sign that spring ball is here at last. Good luck down on the bayou this year.
    You need to teach some of your Bama brethren a tad of that humility. And Les needs to stop doing the Harlem shake and focus on getting this offense straight. (Excited about Cam though)

    I'll probably subject myself to ridicule and make the trip to Tuscaloosa again in November. I just can't stay away. Let me know if you're going.

    :end hijack:

    Go Fins


    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    sirvmac's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    552
    vCash:
    1443
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Beautiful. I'm smiling too lol.
    Last edited by sirvmac; 03-19-2013 at 12:43 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    Mogwai's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2006
    Posts:
    4,409
    vCash:
    4887
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why in the hell are we done? CB and T please. Then we can call this the most complete FA period of our franchise's history.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    mfish41's Avatar
    It is what it is

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2008
    Posts:
    1,221
    vCash:
    1468
    Loc:
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A little off topic, but from the picture does it look like Ireland has lost some weight?
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    8,938
    vCash:
    3051
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolphinDevil28 View Post
    You need to teach some of your Bama brethren a tad of that humility. And Les needs to stop doing the Harlem shake and focus on getting this offense straight. (Excited about Cam though)

    I'll probably subject myself to ridicule and make the trip to Tuscaloosa again in November. I just can't stay away. Let me know if you're going.

    :end hijack:

    Go Fins

    Well I do my best to keep Namor under control. But that fella is just a stone cold animal when he gets liquored up.... I couldn't believe what he did to that poor LSU fan down on Bourbon St.

    If I'm alive I'll be there... and we always enjoy stocking up on yeaux LSU fans in Bryant-Denny. In all seriousness we'd love to have you... just PM me for details anytime.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    fishfanmiami's Avatar
    grip it and rip it

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    7,530
    vCash:
    1706
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by mfish41 View Post
    A little off topic, but from the picture does it look like Ireland has lost some weight?
    This is his busy time of the season and with the money and picks he has it's kind of now or never for Jeff.

    No time for food
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    J. David Wannyheimer's Avatar
    Why did it have to be snakes?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2011
    Posts:
    13,759
    vCash:
    40045
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    I never thought I'd see the day inside the Dolphins organization where they would be the team that I believe executed a damn near flawless offseason. Never thought I'd see it...

    ..but they've managed to achieve nearly exactly that. The combination of guys they got rid of, combined with the way they attacked free agency added up to almost mirror what I would consider a perfect offseason. The only thing that would've made it perfect up to this point would've been adding John Abraham and Eric Winston.

    As always, it's going to be up to the front office to complete the task by having a sound strategy heading into the draft, and plucking TALENT at cornerstone positions. Loaded with 11 picks, and the draft being deep at precisely all of the positions where Miami's most pressing needs are... it's going to be hard for even Ireland to screw this one up.

    Believe it or not, the Dolphins should feel very good about where they're at because it's going to be awful difficult for it not to get even better a little over a month from now.

    What did you do with Slimm?
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    flynryan15's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    12,203
    vCash:
    4228
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    I agree they have done a solid job taking out the trash and filling holes! I hope we address either tackle, de or cb with our last FA moves no rush now though solid starters to be had and it's a buyers market! With the wheels coming off the bus in New England this team could win the division but we need to fill a hole or two prior to the draft.
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 122
    Last Post: 08-23-2012, 10:43 AM
  2. Free Agency/Draft and Ireland
    By FinsFan74 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2012, 12:13 PM
  3. Jeff Ireland: Start of free agency will be “nuts”
    By DKphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 10:26 AM
  4. Parcells/Ireland history in free agency
    By spiketex in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-15-2009, 06:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •