Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ross and Ireland all smiles after free agency haul

1. -21
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    What did you do with Slimm?

That's the thing, everybody looks at a post and immediately must classify it as positive or negative according to which agenda or bias it favors.

I don't look at it that way. I just call everything like I see it. Whether it's percieved as positive or negative is irrelevant.

The only thing that matters to me is:

a.) Is it how I really feel about it?
    b.) Does it have sound football logic behind it?
    c.) Does the same logic apply regardless of the team that did it/didn't do it?

If the answer is 'yes' to all three, you have yourself a Slimm post.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    That's the thing, everybody looks at a post and immediately must classify it as positive or negative.

I'm just playing with you. Agree or disagree with what you post, you are clearly pretty honest when you talk about the team. I won't say objective because that might be a shouright trigger word.
    Oh no, we suck again!
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    That's the thing, everybody looks at a post and immediately must classify it as positive or negative according to which agenda or bias it favors.

I don't look at it that way. I just call everything like I see it. Whether it's percieved as positive or negative is irrelevant.

The only thing that matters to me is:

a.) Is it how I really feel about it?
    b.) Does it have sound football logic behind it?
    c.) Does the same logic apply regardless of the team that did it/didn't do it?

If the answer is 'yes' to all three, you have yourself a Slimm post.
    Agreed we get labeled as negative, Debbie downer, etc because we don't blindly praise every move that is made. I have said all along I am a realist I call it how I see it not my fault for the better part of a decade the Dolphins have been serving the fans Chicken **** and passing it off as Chicken Salad!

So far we have had a solid off season but there is still a lot of work to be done! Wallace, Gibson and Kelner were upgrades the two Lbs I hope they are but only time will tell. A couple more solid signings and I don't see why this team isn't competing for the Division or a Wildcard!
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    Agreed we get labeled as negative, Debbie downer, etc because we don't blindly praise every move that is made. I have said all along I am a realist I call it how I see it not my fault for the better part of a decade the Dolphins have been serving the fans Chicken **** and passing it off as Chicken Salad!

So far we have had a solid off season but there is still a lot of work to be done! Wallace, Gibson and Kelner were upgrades the two Lbs I hope they are but only time will tell. A couple more solid signings and I don't see why this team isn't competing for the Division or a Wildcard!

Wildcard is up in the air I feel, Im not confident we will be that team because alot of huge holes.

The only sure playoff teams to me are NE, Houston, Denver and Cinncy
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Wildcard is up in the air I feel, Im not confident we will be that team because alot of huge holes.

It really depends on how the draft and the rest of free agency go.

I thought we were an 8 win team last year, and honestly, I kinda think we are an 8 win team again. Tougher schedule, we don't get Oakland, Seattle and Jacksonville at home. That was 2 gimme wins right there and a very significant edge on a team we matched up well with in the Seahawks.

If Tannehill makes strides I think 10 wins is a realistic probability. If he doesn't, 7-8 sounds about right.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

I am not trying to be a homer but I'm not sold on the Pats! I think losing Welker is going to do a lot of damage he and Brady had a unbelievable chemistry they were in each others heads and always in the same page. Danny Armawhatshisnuts has huge shoes to fill while trying to be healthy for a full season. I think people underestimate how key Welker was in getting Gronk and Hernandez mismatches. Not to mention they have no other WRs under contract.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I am not trying to be a homer but I'm not sold on the Pats! I think losing Welker is going to do a lot of damage he and Brady had a unbelievable chemistry they were in each others heads and always in the same page. Danny Armawhatshisnuts has huge shoes to fill while trying to be healthy for a full season. I think people underestimate how key Welker was in getting Gronk and Hernandez mismatches. Not to mention they have no other WRs under contract.
    Welker will hurt them, I agree. I think that is Billy B outsmarting himself. But they are still an 11-12 win team and I don't see Miami improving by 4-5 wins. I will say this, though, I think Miami will finish ahead of the Bengals, and I think it's between Miami, Cincinnati and Indy for the two wild card positions. We'll see. I don't know what is going on with the Steelers and Ravens but my gut is that one of them will surprise everyone and come out strong.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree the Pats wont be the same , I just dont think we take a big enough leap to cactch them. We changed out linebackers and neither is an improvement in coverage and dont have a cb on roster that should be an nfl starter
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree the Pats wont be the same , I just dont think we take a big enough leap to cactch them. We changed out linebackers and neither is an improvement in coverage and dont have a cb on roster that should be an nfl starter
    Yeah CB hurts for sure that is my biggest concern right now for this team.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    Welker will hurt them, I agree. I think that is Billy B outsmarting himself. But they are still an 11-12 win team and I don't see Miami improving by 4-5 wins. I will say this, though, I think Miami will finish ahead of the Bengals, and I think it's between Miami, Cincinnati and Indy for the two wild card positions. We'll see. I don't know what is going on with the Steelers and Ravens but my gut is that one of them will surprise everyone and come out strong.
    You can add Texans to that list I am not sold on them! I see them taking a huge step back this year with the Ravems and Steelers.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Yeah CB hurts for sure that is my biggest concern right now for this team.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

You can add Texans to that list I am not sold on them! I see them taking a huge step back this year with the Ravems and Steelers.
    good passing teams are going to destroy the secondary unless you have a great pass rush. even when smith and vonte were actually having a good season they still got destoryed. the difference in having our secondary destoryed last season and having them destroyed this season is that perhaps we'll be able to keep putting points on the board.

Quote Quote