Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How Mike Wallace changes everything

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

How Mike Wallace changes everything

Of all the players who have changed teams so far this offseason, the one who has the potential to affect two offenses the most is Mike Wallace.
    The old Steeler and the new Dolphin wide receiver might not be the most productive acquisition in the NFL next year. But if he is healthy, he is almost certain to have a major impact on the way the Dolphins do their offensive business. And his absence is certain to affect the Steelers.
    With 4.33 40-yard dash speed, Wallace changes the way defenses approach him, and that impacts everyone around him. “Mike is as good a deep threat as there is in the league,” Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert told me. “There always is a threat of him getting deep on any play.”
    If a defense treats Wallace like it treats other receivers, it risks giving up a quick six.
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ce=twitterfeed
    Follow me at www.twitter.com/robi2184, always updating Dolfans with the latest Miami Dolphins news.

Zach Thomas: I played against New England twice a year every year my whole career. I learned to not like that team. I wasn't going to join them.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just wish we get another receiving threat besides Wallace.IMO, Hartline to less of a degree and Bess aren't legitimate threats. I want someone that can go like a Tavon Austin or Patterson etc! If defenses think they might have a problem with someone like Wallace? What they heck are they going to think with the addition of another bonafide threat?

This should absolutely be the approach Miami takes let's not "kinda/maybe" be dangerous on offense let's CLEARLY be a problem for NFL defenses.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hopefully the presence of Wallace will ensure a general improvement of the rest of the teams receivers.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Koikarpen View Post
    Hopefully the presence of Wallace will ensure a general improvement of the rest of the teams receivers.
    Here's why i'm still nervous! We can all sort of agree Marshall in someways at times required "help" to defend! Essentially, we're saying that in some ways and others Wallace will also require some help. The other receiving complements were exactly the same in Hartline and Bess and now different at QB and TE, RB.....

Is the difference at QB,TE and HB big enough to prevent this season offensively from looking like the 2010 season? IMO, it's borderline and I say to ensure it's clearly different and better get another difference playmaker on offense. IMO, we erred badly when we got rid of Ted Ginn just when we acquired Marshall! Not that Ginn was that great, but because his speed....Well that history now
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ANUFan View Post
    Here's why i'm still nervous! We can all sort of agree Marshall in someways at times required "help" to defend! Essentially, we're saying that in some ways and others Wallace will also require some help. The other receiving complements were exactly the same in Hartline and Bess and now different at QB and TE, RB.....

Is the difference at QB,TE and HB big enough to prevent this season offensively from looking like the 2010 season? IMO, it's borderline and I say to ensure it's clearly different and better get another difference playmaker on offense. IMO, we erred badly when we got rid of Ted Ginn just when we acquired Marshall! Not that Ginn was that great, but because his speed....Well that history now

We seem to give up on alot of players too early and then keep many too long lol. Ginn was a bust and a half as a 1st round pick but still you take a guy that high and he is raw. He is definately better than having Marlon Moore as your third receiver and he can return
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ANUFan View Post
    I just wish we get another receiving threat besides Wallace.IMO, Hartline to less of a degree and Bess aren't legitimate threats. I want someone that can go like a Tavon Austin or Patterson etc! If defenses think they might have a problem with someone like Wallace? What they heck are they going to think with the addition of another bonafide threat?

This should absolutely be the approach Miami takes let's not "kinda/maybe" be dangerous on offense let's CLEARLY be a problem for NFL defenses.
    Hartline is still a 3 at best. That's why I'm fully confident that given a fair shot (not looking at contract numbers to determine the better player), Matthews will beat him this offseason and we can move Hartline to the Nelson role at the slot.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ontario, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    We seem to give up on alot of players too early and then keep many too long lol. Ginn was a bust and a half as a 1st round pick but still you take a guy that high and he is raw. He is definately better than having Marlon Moore as your third receiver and he can return
    I completely agree. Ginn flashed a bit as well on some of the 9 routes he ran. I remember the TD against the Jets as well as a TD called back for a leg whip against the texans I believe. Pennington connected with him a bit in 2008 as well... Not to say he woulda been great, bu that speed was something the Offense didn't have with anyone else and he was a good returner... I guess their justification with guys like Moore is his ST play
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Time is Now

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Out if bounds Ginn...no thx, 9ers can have him.
    24/7 365 day a year #1 Phinatic
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    Hartline is still a 3 at best. That's why I'm fully confident that given a fair shot (not looking at contract numbers to determine the better player), Matthews will beat him this offseason and we can move Hartline to the Nelson role at the slot.
    If anything your post just reiterates my opinion. If Mike is going to be considered the #1 then Hartline is not that ideal #2! Who the hell is going to do something with the ball AFTER the catch? Wallace really isn't that kinda guy and we all know Hartline couldn't break a tackle to save his life. Someone with the size, strength, speed, elusiveness of say a Patterson is the perfect piece to move into that position.

Which looks better?

1) Wallace, Hartline
    2) Wallace, Patterson

No brainer to me...

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we know Phiblin likes to draft WR in the 2nd or 3rd round.perhaps we can find a guy with speed and can run good routes.the rookie can battle it out with Bess .dont forget Gibson i think he is the Dark Hourse in the wr group.Keller we be a player as well that the other teams have to game plan for.forget about him and you will get burned.we fix the o line and we just may be a team in the likings of the packers or pats.
    Quote Quote