Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Dumervil choosing between Broncos & Ravens NOT Fins & Osi to Atl

  1. -21
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    33,202
    vCash:
    37161
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by RT2DT4TD View Post
    Yeah boss, I've been a dolphins fan since Chambers caught that fingertip grab off the 360 in the pro bowl and even before that. And I like Daniel Thomas A LOT and that's all I've got 2 say about Ireland and Thomas for that matter, pure intelligence, pure cerebellum which is the part of the brain associated with smooth, fluid, complex body movemements which havve also been scientifically linked with overall intelligence or the "G" factor.
    Well all I can say is OK lol
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    randomname's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2010
    Posts:
    634
    vCash:
    15025
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RT2DT4TD View Post
    Yeah boss, I've been a dolphins fan since Chambers caught that fingertip grab off the 360 in the pro bowl and even before that. And I like Daniel Thomas A LOT and that's all I've got 2 say about Ireland and Thomas for that matter, pure intelligence, pure cerebellum which is the part of the brain associated with smooth, fluid, complex body movemements which havve also been scientifically linked with overall intelligence or the "G" factor.
    Well I must be an idiot, because I have no clue what you're rambling on about.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2010
    Posts:
    440
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    abraham then add pass rushers from the draft remember we do have 11 picks!
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2003
    Posts:
    1,598
    vCash:
    1149
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is really IRELAND's first real chance to show what he can do. NEVER before, in his tenure, has MIAMI (a) been rid of PARCELLSBALL and its philosophy and looking to play 21st Century NFL football; (b) had a bunch of REALLY good Draft Picks; AND (c) had a ton of "cap" money. So far in F/A, he has done very well, i/m/o. For example,...

    (1) J LONG didn't fit the z-b-s and looked like a real amateur last sason even when he was healthy. IRELAND didn't pay him a fortune-not even the $9 Million or so that everyone felt would get it done. We now need another T, but I say BRAVO. And WELL DONE! (Let's be honest about it)

    (2) S SMITH was mediocre and overrated on his best day. N.E. in particular would make him look like the joke that he was. So, he's a "known quantity", and not a good one! Good riddance. ANOTHER BRAVO.

    (3) TANNEHILL!!! I don't mind admitting that I was wrong. I felt that GARRARD was a FO publicity move, and that he flat out sucked against anyone good. And that TANNEHILL should sit and learn for a year. But TANNEHILL did VERY well, w/o much help from the WRs in particular! BUSH and MILLER were very good, and FASANO was a known quantity that fit what MIAMI was then doing. But the WRs scared NO ONE, and the biggest deficiency was true deep speed. With all that going against him, he did very well. He LOOKS like a very, very solid NFL QB, after only one year. Yet ANOTHER BRAVO.

    (4) WR's SPEED- Problem almost solved w/ONE signing in F/A. IRELAND spent a lot to do it. But even though he ordinarily doesn't spend freely, he apparently has good enough judgment as to when to do so and when not to. ONE more "burner" in the Draft, and PROBLEM SOLVED...PERIOD.And yet ANOTHER BRAVO.

    (5) THE ILLUSION AT LB- I'm talking about DANSBY and BURNETT here. BOTH of those two were SUPPOSED to be excellent in pass-coverage. We all know that they sucked on the "blitz", but i/m/o they were as bad or worse in coverage: I never saw so many HBs and TEs running as free as the wind 15-25 yards downfield! I guess MIAMI's staff and GM saw it too, and didn't wait until a more convenient time "capwise" arrived before doing something about it!!! Now we have 2 new LBs w/noticeably more speed, and who are also better on the "blitz". And I say BRAVO...AGAIN!

    So, we find ourselves w/c. $18 Million in "capspace", and having made 2 cuts not--that's NOT--designed to save "cap" $$$, but rather to cure a problem. With NO true "cap casualties" or "restructiuring" at all, we have made tremendous progress i/m/o, and we will SURELY have enough "cap" $$$ to sign both a F/A CB and T, in addition to our Rookies. A "weakness" that still exists i/m/o is another pass-rusher DE to play opposite of WAKE. OSI and DUMERVILL were both there, but OSI wanted too much $$$ (which IRELAND refused to pay), and DUMERVILL is very short and more suited to be a 3-4 OLB (MIAMI hasn't signed him--he's obviously "plan B"). I say BRAVO yet again, especially since it just so happens that this year's Draft is LOADED w/pass-rushing OLB/DEs.

    One might be led to say "Well, gosh and golly, Batman. Do you think there was a PLAN here"? To which I'd just say "Yeah...and a damned good one, too".
    Last edited by luduporcu; 03-24-2013 at 12:59 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2013
    Posts:
    46
    vCash:
    1010
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by randomname View Post
    Well I must be an idiot, because I have no clue what you're rambling on about.
    In short, If an athlete is very fluid or any human displays the ability to make complex body movemements with ease, the part of the brain associated with these body funtions is called the cerebellum. It has also been researched that their is a high correlation between general intelligence and "fluid athletes". I believe Daniel Thomas to be one of these individuals with a great cerebellum which means he is probably intelligent which is why I believe he was a good pick and I love how Ireland saw this trait too. Time will tell, but I like how Ireland accounts for intangibles in his evaluations, it's why we have Davone Bess.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    WestSideFin's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2010
    Posts:
    1,025
    vCash:
    2002
    Loc:
    Northern California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Abraham did visit us to already i think.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2004
    Posts:
    1,028
    vCash:
    3988
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Never thought they would sign those guys, look at Ireland's history he's not a guy that signs guys over 30. You can't address every issue in FA, sometimes you gotta let your draft picks play and Vernon earned the right to receive more playing time with his 4.5 sacks in limited action. We drafted him in the 3rd round last year and he's done nothing to suggest he's a bust!
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    1,216
    vCash:
    5424
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    This is really IRELAND's first real chance to show what he can do. NEVER before, in his tenure, has MIAMI (a) been rid of PARCELLSBALL and its philosophy and looking to play 21st Century NFL football; (b) had a bunch of REALLY good Draft Picks; AND (c) had a ton of "cap" money. So far in F/A, he has done very well, i/m/o. For example,...
    I couldn't disagree with you more. Ireland chose to be part of PARCELLSBALL. No one held a gun to his head and made him take the GM job under Parcells. He could have turned it down and stayed with the Cowboys. Knowing Parcells, he could have had the foresight to know that PARCELLSBALL would not work in the 21st century NFL. He chose to work with Parcells, he chose to take the job and now he OWNS the results of that decision for the rest of his life.

    Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    (1) J LONG didn't fit the z-b-s and looked like a real amateur last sason even when he was healthy. IRELAND didn't pay him a fortune-not even the $9 Million or so that everyone felt would get it done. We now need another T, but I say BRAVO. And WELL DONE! (Let's be honest about it)
    Ireland and Parcells failed when they chose Long over Ryan or Flacco. The actions here are nothing more than Ireland fixing a mistake of his own making.

    Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    (2) S SMITH was mediocre and overrated on his best day. N.E. in particular would make him look like the joke that he was. So, he's a "known quantity", and not a good one! Good riddance. ANOTHER BRAVO.
    Ireland drafted both Smith and Davis. Once again he is fixing mistakes of his own making.

    Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    (3) TANNEHILL!!! I don't mind admitting that I was wrong. I felt that GARRARD was a FO publicity move, and that he flat out sucked against anyone good. And that TANNEHILL should sit and learn for a year. But TANNEHILL did VERY well, w/o much help from the WRs in particular! BUSH and MILLER were very good, and FASANO was a known quantity that fit what MIAMI was then doing. But the WRs scared NO ONE, and the biggest deficiency was true deep speed. With all that going against him, he did very well. He LOOKS like a very, very solid NFL QB, after only one year. Yet ANOTHER BRAVO.
    So far Tannehill looks positive but it takes three years to judge a Quarterback. That said, if Ireland had made the right choice three years earlier the franchise would be much farther along than it is now. Once again, fixing a mistake of his own making.

    Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    (4) WR's SPEED- Problem almost solved w/ONE signing in F/A. IRELAND spent a lot to do it. But even though he ordinarily doesn't spend freely, he apparently has good enough judgment as to when to do so and when not to. ONE more "burner" in the Draft, and PROBLEM SOLVED...PERIOD.And yet ANOTHER BRAVO.
    If there were a dictionary definition for the phrase "fixing a mistake of your own making", Ireland's history on WR's would be the associated example. Acquire a head case in Marshall and pay too much for him. Acquire Hartline and Bess who are the definition of possesion receiver without speed. Get rid of Marshall for Egnew and a player to be named later -- neither of these picks have done a thing to help in the development of Tannehill. Bring in a bunch of free agent crap, none of whom contributed. Finally, overspend for Wallace. I think someone has to be delusional to call this part of Ireland's history a positive.

    Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    (5) THE ILLUSION AT LB- I'm talking about DANSBY and BURNETT here. BOTH of those two were SUPPOSED to be excellent in pass-coverage. We all know that they sucked on the "blitz", but i/m/o they were as bad or worse in coverage: I never saw so many HBs and TEs running as free as the wind 15-25 yards downfield! I guess MIAMI's staff and GM saw it too, and didn't wait until a more convenient time "capwise" arrived before doing something about it!!! Now we have 2 new LBs w/noticeably more speed, and who are also better on the "blitz". And I say BRAVO...AGAIN!
    This is the only rational statement in your entire post. And even then I'll point out that Ireland was responsible for Dansby's huge contract that we had to replace.

    Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    So, we find ourselves w/c. $18 Million in "capspace", and having made 2 cuts not--that's NOT--designed to save "cap" $$$, but rather to cure a problem. With NO true "cap casualties" or "restructiuring" at all, we have made tremendous progress i/m/o, and we will SURELY have enough "cap" $$$ to sign both a F/A CB and T, in addition to our Rookies. A "weakness" that still exists i/m/o is another pass-rusher DE to play opposite of WAKE. OSI and DUMERVILL were both there, but OSI wanted too much $$$ (which IRELAND refused to pay), and DUMERVILL is very short and more suited to be a 3-4 OLB (MIAMI hasn't signed him--he's obviously "plan B"). I say BRAVO yet again, especially since it just so happens that this year's Draft is LOADED w/pass-rushing OLB/DEs.
    On the defensive side of the ball we are arguably worse at this point in time with major holes at DE and 2CBs. We still have the same defensive line that was unable to stop NE in the 4th quarter when it matters. We still have the same safeties who have a history of being unable to cover a tight end or stop a quarterback draw on the goal line to save their lives.

    Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    One might be led to say "Well, gosh and golly, Batman. Do you think there was a PLAN here"? To which I'd just say "Yeah...and a damned good one, too".
    Yes, there was a plan. It was a plan driven by desperation by a GM who knows that he will likely be unemployed next year. He has spent five years failing to put any sort of adequate NFL offense on the field. He created a defense that can't stop upper echelon offenses when required. He creates new holes every time he fixes another hole that he himself created. And the "Positive Pollyannas" on this board all seem to think he should be sainted for creating and maintaining four years of mediocre losing football. Where are Joe Robbie, Joe Thomas and Don Shula when we need them?
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    Tiko377's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    1,926
    vCash:
    3140
    Loc:
    Southern California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i dont want any of them to be honest if we were to get any of the pass rushers it would be Abraham ..... i think depending on volmers deal with the pats we might sign winston shortly imo.
    Miami Dolphins, Miami Heat , Virginia Tech

    Xbox Live : Tiko7523
    Psn : Tiko7523
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    ebozzz's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    2,259
    vCash:
    14659
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    i always give my rationale and never just this guy sucks(no offense xpac)
    That's funny!
    ~~~~~~~

    The rhythm of life is a jazz rhythm.

    -Langston Hughes






    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Dumervil signs with Ravens
    By boomer10 in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-25-2013, 03:30 PM
  2. Dumervil interested in playing for the Fins ?
    By LennyV in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-19-2013, 04:38 PM
  3. Broncos getting beat! If Ravens lose too? Hello!
    By MrEd in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 04:48 AM
  4. MNF - Broncos vs Ravens
    By Vertical Limit in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-10-2006, 11:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •