abraham then add pass rushers from the draft remember we do have 11 picks!
This is really IRELAND's first real chance to show what he can do. NEVER before, in his tenure, has MIAMI (a) been rid of PARCELLSBALL and its philosophy and looking to play 21st Century NFL football; (b) had a bunch of REALLY good Draft Picks; AND (c) had a ton of "cap" money. So far in F/A, he has done very well, i/m/o. For example,...
(1) J LONG didn't fit the z-b-s and looked like a real amateur last sason even when he was healthy. IRELAND didn't pay him a fortune-not even the $9 Million or so that everyone felt would get it done. We now need another T, but I say BRAVO. And WELL DONE! (Let's be honest about it)
(2) S SMITH was mediocre and overrated on his best day. N.E. in particular would make him look like the joke that he was. So, he's a "known quantity", and not a good one! Good riddance. ANOTHER BRAVO.
(3) TANNEHILL!!! I don't mind admitting that I was wrong. I felt that GARRARD was a FO publicity move, and that he flat out sucked against anyone good. And that TANNEHILL should sit and learn for a year. But TANNEHILL did VERY well, w/o much help from the WRs in particular! BUSH and MILLER were very good, and FASANO was a known quantity that fit what MIAMI was then doing. But the WRs scared NO ONE, and the biggest deficiency was true deep speed. With all that going against him, he did very well. He LOOKS like a very, very solid NFL QB, after only one year. Yet ANOTHER BRAVO.
(4) WR's SPEED- Problem almost solved w/ONE signing in F/A. IRELAND spent a lot to do it. But even though he ordinarily doesn't spend freely, he apparently has good enough judgment as to when to do so and when not to. ONE more "burner" in the Draft, and PROBLEM SOLVED...PERIOD.And yet ANOTHER BRAVO.
(5) THE ILLUSION AT LB- I'm talking about DANSBY and BURNETT here. BOTH of those two were SUPPOSED to be excellent in pass-coverage. We all know that they sucked on the "blitz", but i/m/o they were as bad or worse in coverage: I never saw so many HBs and TEs running as free as the wind 15-25 yards downfield! I guess MIAMI's staff and GM saw it too, and didn't wait until a more convenient time "capwise" arrived before doing something about it!!! Now we have 2 new LBs w/noticeably more speed, and who are also better on the "blitz". And I say BRAVO...AGAIN!
So, we find ourselves w/c. $18 Million in "capspace", and having made 2 cuts not--that's NOT--designed to save "cap" $$$, but rather to cure a problem. With NO true "cap casualties" or "restructiuring" at all, we have made tremendous progress i/m/o, and we will SURELY have enough "cap" $$$ to sign both a F/A CB and T, in addition to our Rookies. A "weakness" that still exists i/m/o is another pass-rusher DE to play opposite of WAKE. OSI and DUMERVILL were both there, but OSI wanted too much $$$ (which IRELAND refused to pay), and DUMERVILL is very short and more suited to be a 3-4 OLB (MIAMI hasn't signed him--he's obviously "plan B"). I say BRAVO yet again, especially since it just so happens that this year's Draft is LOADED w/pass-rushing OLB/DEs.
One might be led to say "Well, gosh and golly, Batman. Do you think there was a PLAN here"? To which I'd just say "Yeah...and a damned good one, too".
Last edited by luduporcu; 03-24-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Abraham did visit us to already i think.
Never thought they would sign those guys, look at Ireland's history he's not a guy that signs guys over 30. You can't address every issue in FA, sometimes you gotta let your draft picks play and Vernon earned the right to receive more playing time with his 4.5 sacks in limited action. We drafted him in the 3rd round last year and he's done nothing to suggest he's a bust!
i dont want any of them to be honest if we were to get any of the pass rushers it would be Abraham ..... i think depending on volmers deal with the pats we might sign winston shortly imo.
Miami Dolphins, Miami Heat , Virginia Tech
Xbox Live : Tiko7523
Psn : Tiko7523