Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Barry Jackson: Quick OT Update

  1. -11
    matt11390's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,626
    vCash:
    6362
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Yeatman? Seriously. Absolutely reckless.
    Reckless is kinda harsh don't you think Hey I'm just a fan with no inside observations just what I see and read. I feel the staff likes him. He has the size and athletic ability just don't know about his ability to be a full time RT yet. My personal feeling is they like him well enough to draft OG in round 1 if Cooper is there at 12 and then draft a RT in round 3 or later.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    finfan54's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2002
    Posts:
    24,554
    vCash:
    16201
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hayden wasnt a big Philbin guy originally. So why should he have faith in his pet project? I say, dont bet against it. It has been done in the NFL a few times. He was given all season to do his remake and you know damn well he has been working hard at it. Then we will have the Bi-rep camp where he will get a lot of reps. And if he shines, he gets to prove his HC right, which means he may end up starting. It could be very well the reason why we hesitate on Winston and the money spent.

    We are drafting a T one way or the other because we are looking for depth for years out. Somebody like Quessenberry. A guy who could be around til our first 5th rounder and who can slide into G as well.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    Hayden Fox's Avatar
    At the end of the day...

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    20,656
    vCash:
    41632
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    When the Fins trade for Brandon Albert, trade up for Lane Johnson or sign Eric Winston, all the Yeatman posters can apologize to me.

    It is totally reckless to protect your second year, possible franchise signal caller and all the new weapons you brought in by STARTING Will Yeatman on the edge. I have no problem with him as a continued project. I have no issue with him being giving ample PT in the preseason that maybe he could be elevated on game day to the swing guy. However, to think he should be penciled in as the starter is totally a stupid idea.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    AFCMiamiEast's Avatar
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2012
    Posts:
    1,688
    vCash:
    1607
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    I laughed at this quote:

    If Miami waits until picks 42 or 54 for a cornerback, Pauline sees five possible options: Mississippi State’s Johnthan Banks (“problem is he’s a liability down the field, because of his lack of speed
    The main issue with a cornerback, is being a "liability" deep due to "lack of speed"? Isn't that a corner's bread and butter? Lol. What good is a corner if he can't cover deep because of something like speed, of which in un-teachable? I'm still laughing at that scouting report.



    "Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    fishbanger's Avatar
    Phin fan since 1970!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    1,613
    vCash:
    2674
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Phins will draft or sign a starting OT one way or the other.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    LarryFinFan's Avatar
    Left So Fla, never the Fins...

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    7,699
    vCash:
    1078
    Loc:
    NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by matt11390 View Post
    I'm not sure but something in my gut tells me Miami is sold on their existing tackles, like Yeatman, and may draft one in round 3. Don't know if there is enough difference between Winston and Yearman to justify the big difference in money for each one. Now they could very well draft OG in round 1 if Cooper is there when they pick.
    Well, I think there is a bigger difference between Yeatman and Winston than you do, however, the cost vs return is likely closer than we'd all like to believe....
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    2,730
    vCash:
    2908
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    When the Fins trade for Brandon Albert, trade up for Lane Johnson or sign Eric Winston, all the Yeatman posters can apologize to me.

    It is totally reckless to protect your second year, possible franchise signal caller and all the new weapons you brought in by STARTING Will Yeatman on the edge. I have no problem with him as a continued project. I have no issue with him being giving ample PT in the preseason that maybe he could be elevated on game day to the swing guy. However, to think he should be penciled in as the starter is totally a stupid idea.
    I would hope the Albert trade doesn't occur. I can live with Johnson.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,402
    vCash:
    1138
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    I would hope the Albert trade doesn't occur. I can live with Johnson.
    I think the Albert trade is a "fallback option" should Lane Johnson not drop far enough for us to trade up for.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    matt11390's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,626
    vCash:
    6362
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    When the Fins trade for Brandon Albert, trade up for Lane Johnson or sign Eric Winston, all the Yeatman posters can apologize to me.

    It is totally reckless to protect your second year, possible franchise signal caller and all the new weapons you brought in by STARTING Will Yeatman on the edge. I have no problem with him as a continued project. I have no issue with him being giving ample PT in the preseason that maybe he could be elevated on game day to the swing guy. However, to think he should be penciled in as the starter is totally a stupid idea.
    No need to apologize I will support whatever move is made. I'm not saying you're wrong I just have a difference of opinion. My idea isn't stupid. Unless you are close to the staff, which I am not, then neither of us know the progress Yeatman has made. He could very well be like you say but we both shall see. I guess I like the idea of him becoming good enough to be our RT. One reason is its inspiring to see Yeatman work so hard to keep his dream of being in the NFL and him doing whatever it takes. Lots of players won't do that. Second reason, to me it's good to think we could have our RT answer already on the team. Third reason, he would be a lot cheaper than the other options.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Randy Starks injury update per Barry Jackson
    By Albert Romano in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-04-2013, 02:05 PM
  2. Barry Jackson Update on Vonta Leach
    By Hayden Fox in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-02-2013, 04:53 PM
  3. Barry Jackson: Quick Hits on Visits (DT's)
    By Hayden Fox in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-14-2013, 11:48 PM
  4. Barry Jackson update about Jeff Fisher
    By Casas9425 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-05-2012, 08:44 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2011, 10:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •