Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 13 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Current gay NFL player may come out in next few months

1. -1
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks

Current gay NFL player may come out in next few months

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mi...er-to-come-out

And there are serious indications that day may come sooner than later. While I've long believed I would not see an openly gay NFL player for decades, that might be wrong.

Based on interviews over the past several weeks with current and former players, I'm told that a current gay NFL player is strongly considering coming out publicly within the next few months -- and after doing so, the player would attempt to continue his career.

I'm told this player feels the time is now for someone to take this step -- despite homophobic remarks from San Francisco 49ers defensive back Chris Culliver and the controversy arising recently at the Indianapolis Scouting combine, when prospects were asked questions about their sexuality.

This player's true concern, I'm told, is not the reaction inside an NFL locker room but outside of it. The player fears he will suffer serious harm from homophobic fans, and that is the only thing preventing him from coming out. My sources will not say who this alleged player is.

There has never been an active openly gay player in a major American team sport, but the information I've gathered on the player in question comes from several current and former players.
    I know if I were this player I would just skip it until my career was over just to avoid the distractions and the media circus and the harassment that would come with it.
    but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by King Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Tweet@KJoneZ13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    True it will cause a circus, but people shouldn't have to worry about being who they are until the day they retire. If things are ever going to change then someone has to start that circus eventually. Why not now.
    Last edited by Kthurmus23; 03-25-2013 at 11:53 PM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mi...er-to-come-out

I know if I were this player I would just skip it until my career was over just to avoid the distractions and the media circus and the harassment that would come with it.
    To the first active player in the big 4 sports is history making....
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why does this guy think anyone cares about his sexuality? Do heterosexuals ever feel the need to "come out"? Does anyone see this as nothing more than a ploy for media attention?

This reminds me of the similar issue the Boy Scouts are facing. Most people involved in Scouts don't care about any adult leader's sexuality until they bring it up - because it's not appropriate to bring it up. If a heterosexual constantly spoke about his sexuality he'd be asked not to come back.
    ďIím somewhat disappointed that more African Americans donít think for themselves and just go with whatever theyíre supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Reminds me of this one time I was in a sports bar and this guy kept yelling "Romo H0mo" over and over again. Maybe it was incarcerated bob with one of his scoops and I just didn't know it.
    I'm giving you a choice: either put on these glasses or start eatin' that trash can.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I think it's Tom Brady.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

The Chase for Lord Stanley Begins ...

LETS GO PENS!
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 1 12 13 14 15 16
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    Why does this guy think anyone cares about his sexuality? Do heterosexuals ever feel the need to "come out"? Does anyone see this as nothing more than a ploy for media attention?

This reminds me of the similar issue the Boy Scouts are facing. Most people involved in Scouts don't care about any adult leader's sexuality until they bring it up - because it's not appropriate to bring it up. If a heterosexual constantly spoke about his sexuality he'd be asked not to come back.
    If nobody cares about an NFL player declaring his homosexuality then why would it generate a lot of media attention?
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    If nobody cares about an NFL player declaring his homosexuality then why would it generate a lot of media attention?
    Because the media likes to sensationalize ****, constantly throw it in our faces, and try to dictate what we are supposed to care about.

Bill Belichick on "putting the tape on"
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/18/belichick-takes-a-shot-at-experts-who-have-it-all-figured-out/

and i say it's tom brady with better legs...he reads the field presnap like tom brady...reminds me so much of him although tannehills ahead of bradys development in year 2 imo
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Well I'll be damned. WV was right again and called this weeks in advance and everyone gets mad at him.

SHOCKER

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Because the media likes to sensationalize ****, constantly throw it in our faces, and try to dictate what we are supposed to care about.
    Oh, bull****. The media is a business, and like any business creates supply in response to demand. They'll cover the **** out of that if it happens because people will watch the **** out of it if it happens.
    Quote Quote