Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Current gay NFL player may come out in next few months

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [youtube]KYmk5ppaCjA[/youtube]

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    Why does this guy think anyone cares about his sexuality? Do heterosexuals ever feel the need to "come out"? Does anyone see this as nothing more than a ploy for media attention?
    To your ignorant questions, in order...

Because homosexuals are wrongly discriminated against, and this guy would be the first to step up and open the door. People shouldn't have to live in fear of ridicule; the guy feels like he can't open up this pretty major part of his life that he keeps secret every day. That's just a horrible existence, and one he shouldn't have to go through. Heterosexuals don't experience this; for them to 'come out' implies that there was a need for them to hide, which there never has been. Courage amd righteousness will get media attention, but the attention is not the reason he's doing it (imo). This is more about stepping up for the community of homosexuals who haven't yet had the guts to do it, and, ya know, standing up for himself and his beliefs.
    Last edited by Twitches Brew; 03-26-2013 at 12:40 AM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm all for gay rights especially marriage. At the same time be real (and to play devil's advocate)...would you feel comfortable taking a shower next to a gay man??
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    I'm all for gay rights especially marriage. At the same time be real (and to play devil's advocate)...would you feel comfortable taking a shower next to a gay man??
    It honestly wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Most gay men won't hit on a straight guy if they know they're straight. Besides, its gender relativism. Since men eye-bang the **** out of every hot girl they see, they assume gay men are doing that as well...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    It honestly wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Most gay men won't hit on a straight guy if they know they're straight. Besides, its gender relativism. Since men eye-bang the **** out of every hot girl they see, they assume gay men are doing that as well...

Me personally I would do what I can to avoid it. No offense to gay men, I support equal rights 100%. But in a shower get naked setting. I would take a rain check on that one.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am all for gay rights too. I think if you are going to go down this road then people are going to have to also accept some changes in the locker room settings. Either you go co-ed and tell everyone to get over it or you offer everyone segergated quarters to change and shower in privacy.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."
    Frederic Bastiat
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I personally don't feel comfortable taking a shower next to a man at all, but I don't see how him being gay or not changes anything.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Me personally I would do what I can to avoid it. No offense to gay men, I support equal rights 100%. But in a shower get naked setting. I would take a rain check on that one.
    And I bet if you told your gay teammate this, it wouldn't be a problem at all. It would work out just fine.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shula_guy View Post
    I am all for gay rights too. I think if you are going to go down this road then people are going to have to also accept some changes in the locker room settings. Either you go co-ed and tell everyone to get over it or you offer everyone segergated quarters to change and shower in privacy.

Private showers would be the way to go for me. Hell I get stage fright at urinals.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBW43 View Post
    I personally don't feel comfortable taking a shower next to a man at all, but I don't see how him being gay or not changes anything.

I'm the same way with getting naked around men especially with showers. I did wrestling and football a lot when I was younger. Hell I remember getting on the weight scale(butt a$$ naked) in front of dozens of men for weigh-ins. I just don't like being in my birthday suit unless I'm with a women or 2 (hopefully sometime soon with no dog involved Locke).
    Quote Quote