Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Current gay NFL player may come out in next few months

1. -91
    teammates

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    It makes them people that have dated women because they didnt want dad to find our they are gay.
    i couldnt get it up or sleep with a guy no matter how much my dad wanted it.

and in this case i think the woman who was decieved is the victum
    Quote Quote  

2. -92
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I was going to write out a detailed reply, but Spesh pretty much covered it. If I recall correctly fin, back when you made your last appearance here in the PoFo you were pretty anti-gay rights. If I'm wrong, please feel free to correct me. But if that's the case, I would assume it's due to religiosity, which means your mind is made up and no amount of debate will change your mind. I will simply say this is a topic you don't seem to understand very well, and most likely because you're a straight man with no gay friends...
    Which is why I seldom get into debates where people's views are dictated by their religion. It's an exercise in futility. How do you converse with someone about gay rights if they believe its amoral. How do you debate someone about astrophysics if they believe the earth is 6000 years old.
    Quote Quote  

3. -93
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tebow spends a year in New York as a backup and out of the news and this is his way of getting attention.

Make it stop.

Quote Quote  

4. -94
    teammates

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    Which is why I seldom get into debates where people's views are dictated by their religion. It's an exercise in futility. How do you converse with someone about gay rights if they believe its amoral. How do you debate someone about astrophysics if they believe the earth is 6000 years old.
    as i said earlier my views have nothing to do with religion.
    Quote Quote  

5. -95
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finintheburgh View Post
    Didn't say they did. I was speaking in generalities.
    Quote Quote  

6. -96
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    you can keep tring to spin this but i dont see the point, if you cant tell theres a difference from talking about details about your wife and the fact that your gay then im sorry.

All states have consanguinity restrictions on marriage. In something like 12 states first cousins can marry, and the rest they can't. How young one can marry also varies from state to state. Race is only not allowed as a basis for restriction because of the Constitution.I don't understand how marriage is a right. In my understanding, marriage is traditionally held to be a religious ceremony that the state may recognize as a special union and then confer special status upon that union supposing it meets certain well-defined qualifications, such as not being between siblings or persons of the same sex. A driver's license is similar. You apply and take an exam and upon passign the exam and paying a fee, you are granted the license to drive. You had to meet certain special conditions to obtain the priviledge.

Voting, free association, ownership of firearms and the like are rights. All citizens are born with full authority to exercise them once they reach legal age. Revoking them requires due process, i.e. a felony conviction. They cannot be revoked at the whim of the legislature.

Licensees can be affected by changing laws that modify the requirments for holding licenses. When the license expires in such circumstances, the licensee must meet the new requirements to continue exercising the privilege. Rights are not subject to such changing legislation. In the case of inter-racial marriage, laws proscribing it were held to be discriminatory on the basis of race. Laws that discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation have not yet been so widely struck down by the courts.
    Your the one deciding what can and cannot be shared. Your telling other people how to live their lives. Your the one deciding what information should and shouldnt be shared. Your the one drawing the line. Personally, i think people should be able to share what they want and live in whatever way they choose. Your the one calling out others for being deceitful. Thats the point, you apparently hate freedom.

Wrong, the traditional meaning for marriage is largely about property exchange. Sure, traditionally theres certain clauses, if you rape a women you get to marry her. You get to marry your brothers wife if he dies. If your a marauding soldier, you get to marry your prisoner of war. Once you marry a woman you get her slave to. Etc, etc, etc. But in America, we dont follow the traditional religious meaning of marriage, just like we dont follow the traditional religious meaning for alot of other subjects(kill the infidels!). The only guideline the federal government should follow is the Constitution and the will of its citizens when those citizens are not in direct conflict with the Constitution(making amendments to the Constitution, like "dont discriminate"). Religious ceremony has no place. If it did, parents would be marrying their children off to others still, traditionally of course. Many have been confused on that subject, but now even the GOP is figuring it out. And if you disagree with that, then i have to ask: would you oppose the government adopting Sharia law?

Voting rights are allowing in 48 of the 50 states to ex-cons. Again, the two states that dont allow it are being challenged via the legal system. Firearms are only revoked if youve committed violence against others and could end the life(and therefore the rights) of another in the future. That goes for driver license as well. You have to pass a test in order to prove your not a danger to yourself and others. Marriage and the rights that go along with the practice effect no one but those getting married. If "the gay" getting married effects your marriage, your marriage sucks.

So discrimination is only wrong when its in court? Persecution is only wrong when its overwhelmingly challenged? Its not discrimination so long as papers arent being filed at a certain time?

edit: also, the federal government doesnt follow the tradional meaning for many other things. Which is why slavery was overturned, despite "tradition".
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

7. -97
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Id be curious to hear why anyone would be against gay rights for a non-religious reason.

Quote Quote  

8. -98
    teammates

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Id be curious to hear why anyone would be against gay rights for a non-religious reason.
    as i said earilier it is easy to fix just give them all the benefits marriage has just call it something different, that way they get what they want and the religious cant complain.

i dont understand why this has to be so difficult.

what gay rights am i against?
    Quote Quote  

9. -99
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    as i said earilier it is easy to fix just give them all the benefits marriage has just call it something different, that way they get what they want and the religious cant complain.

But if your views are not religious based why would you care if the religious get upset or complain?
    Quote Quote  

10. -100
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

Because any time you try to have something separate but equal it rarely is in reality.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote