Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Current gay NFL player may come out in next few months

1. -101
    teammates

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    But if your views are not religious based why would you care if the religious get upset or complain?
    i guess for the same reason you care about gays getting married. to me all the wedding ive attended, were preformed the one way or another as a religious ceremony. god is usually mentioned in the ceremony.
    and thats the religious angle to the whole thing if you eliminate that word then nobody has anything to cry about.
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by finintheburgh View Post
    i guess for the same reason you care about gays getting married. to me all the wedding ive attended, were preformed the one way or another as a religious ceremony. god is usually mentioned in the ceremony.
    and thats the religious angle to the whole thing if you eliminate that word then nobody has anything to cry about.

Huh? This is really your answer?
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    I post on a dolphins site, an overzealous mod didn't like me questioning his "power" and banned me for the week. been posting there since 2004 and have never been banned. I was wronged and now I don't think I will post there again and it will be their loss. .
    Quote Quote  

3. -103
    teammates

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Huh? This is really your answer?
    ok let me try this again. to me marriage is more of a religious ceremony than a government union. most religions are against gays in general, so to have a gay marriage doesnt make much sence to me.

i just dont see why they need to use the word that is all.
    Quote Quote  

4. -104
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ok let me try this again. to me marriage is more of a religious ceremony than a government union. most religions are against gays in general, so to have a gay marriage doesnt make much sence to me.

People of every religion and lack thereof get married.

Quote Quote  

5. -105
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    its all right, Im a rice dick apparently.
    Quote Quote  

6. -106
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks

So you wanna deny the happiness of a whole group of people, in which giving them the chance to marry wouldn't effect you in the slightest simply because it "doesn't make sense to you". So even though you aren't religious, you want to prevent a whole group of people from something that means everything to them just because the ceremonies you've attended used religious words and you don't want to confuse yourself.

Do you understand how extremely petty you sound? Personally I think there is something more there and you just don't like "the gays" and are justifying your dislike with the most paper thin rationale
    Quote Quote  

7. -107
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I mean using his logic, all weddings I've attended were Christian and mention Jesus. Therefore Jews shouldn't be allowed to marry because it doesn't make much sense to me
    Quote Quote  

8. -108
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the main issue straight people have against gay marriage is that they dont want to be shown up by the decadent, spectacular, wonderfully color coordinated weddings theyd throw.
    Quote Quote  

9. -109
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    I think the main issue straight people have against gay marriage is that they dont want to be shown up by the decadent, spectacular, wonderfully color coordinated weddings theyd throw.
    The way I see it, attending gay weddings easily trump traditional ones. You know there's gonna be plenty of booze. There's gonna be a ton of chicks there and most of the men will probably be gay. Tons of drunk chicks and less completion. Now that makes sense to me
    Quote Quote  

10. -110
    teammates

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So you wanna deny the happiness of a whole group of people, in which giving them the chance to marry wouldn't effect you in the slightest simply because it "doesn't make sense to you". So even though you aren't religious, you want to prevent a whole group of people from something that means everything to them just because the ceremonies you've attended used religious words and you don't want to confuse yourself.

Do you understand how extremely petty you sound? Personally I think there is something more there and you just don't like "the gays" and are justifying your dislike with the most paper thin rationale
    so whats more important getting the equal benefits they want or hijacking a ceremony that is for all purposes anti gay. what doesnt make sense to me is how can there be a gay marriage when marriages for the most part are religious and those religions are against and dont accept gay marriage.

so you want to change the traditions of many to benefit the few instead of coming up with a compromise.
    Quote Quote