Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Current gay NFL player may come out in next few months

1. -51
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finomenal View Post
    I don't have a fear of homosexuals. Using that term to describe my opinion on this subject makes no sense whatsoever but sure, you have the right to use any completely inaccurate description you choose to use.
    Well despite the dictionary definition I don't think "homophobia" is generally used to describe the fear of gays. It's more of a catch all term for the dislike of them. But if you'd prefer to be called a "bigot" I'm happy to oblige.

Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Let me ask straights and gays a question.....who gives a good God Damn what you do in the bedroom? Insofar as benfits and financial matters are concerned, i understand and support the desire for equality in relationships. But as far as every night muff diving or **** snorkling go.....what makes you think what you eat makes you special?

Just ponder that for a moment.......

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    As someone who works with a large number of gay men, I can vouch for the major contributions they give to society. Its because of their keen eye for throw pillows and color schemes that has made my condo look absolutely fabulous. Huzzah to them
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This ayenbajoyh (sp?) guy is really starting to get on my nerves. I'm cool with the gay rights thing, but to insinuate that the reason you were cut was because you were outspoken, crosses the line. Maybe it's because you are a 36 year old, 3rd string linebacker.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    This ayenbajoyh (sp?) guy is really starting to get on my nerves. I'm cool with the gay rights thing, but to insinuate that the reason you were cut was because you were outspoken, crosses the line. Maybe it's because you are a 36 year old, 3rd string linebacker.
    Ayanbadejo attempted to squelch this story by saying on Twitter that he was misquoted in the Newsday article:

Dick Cass and the @ravens had my back all year. Why would I say I was cut cuz my views? Makes no sense.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...ejo-over-views

I hate it when people use the "i was misquoted" line, but at least he's admitting he wasnt cut because of his views...albeit after he dug himself in a hole.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    Why does this guy think anyone cares about his sexuality? Do heterosexuals ever feel the need to "come out"? Does anyone see this as nothing more than a ploy for media attention?

This reminds me of the similar issue the Boy Scouts are facing. Most people involved in Scouts don't care about any adult leader's sexuality until they bring it up - because it's not appropriate to bring it up. If a heterosexual constantly spoke about his sexuality he'd be asked not to come back.
    Twitches already touched upon it, but Herny Rollins also recently made some similar very good points:

10:03-13:07

Straight people don't have to 'come out'. Straight athletes don't have to hide their relationship from the media. They don't have to worry about being photographed holding hands with their boyfriend like what Magic Johnson's son just had to recently go through. Anyone who thinks these people should continue living their life in secrecy & shame because some small-minded old guys & religious zealots have a problem with it just don't get it, & history will show that these people just didn't get it.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Straight athletes don't have to hide their relationship from the media. They don't have to worry about being photographed holding hands with their boyfriend like what Magic Johnson's son just had to recently go through. Anyone who thinks these people should continue living their life in secrecy & shame because some small-minded old guys & religious zealots have a problem with it just don't get it, & history will show that these people just didn't get it.
    Gay people don't HAVE to hide either! Most people don't give a crap. Who cares what small-minded guys and religious zealots think? Do you?

The ideal situation is that when/if these guys come out the media doesn't carry the story because your sexuality shouldn't news. Telling us that one guy is gay is just a ridiculous as telling us another guy is straight.

Hiding something is not a good way to get it accepted by society.
    ďIím somewhat disappointed that more African Americans donít think for themselves and just go with whatever theyíre supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    Gay people don't HAVE to hide either! Most people don't give a crap. Who cares what small-minded guys and religious zealots think? Do you?

The ideal situation is that when/if these guys come out the media doesn't carry the story because your sexuality shouldn't news. Telling us that one guy is gay is just a ridiculous as telling us another guy is straight.

Hiding something is not a good way to get it accepted by society.
    Then obviously you wouldn't begrudge any player who decided to come out. After all any media they receive from it would be the media's fault & not the player's, right? See, I hardly think not wanting to live your life in secrecy is equal to an insidious, premeditated plot for media attention.

Also I have to think you're being supremely disingenuous with your boyscout example. You honestly expect me to believe that the only problem you'd have with gay boy-scout masters is that they'd talk about it? Let's be real. You'd have no problem with a boy-scout master bringing his wife along for the camping trip, but I highly doubt you'd be okay with a boy-scout master bringing along his husband for the camping trip.

As long as they don't talk about it, right? See, in reality it's not just about them discussing their sexuality, it's about them hiding it completely.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I thought the boyscouts already let gays in....

Quote Quote  

10. -60
    teammates

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...ejo-over-views

I hate it when people use the "i was misquoted" line, but at least he's admitting he wasnt cut because of his views...albeit after he dug himself in a hole.
    It will be interesting to see how many claim they were let go for be gay or how they were not drafted as high as they should of been. this could turn into a true night mare for a team who tries to release a gay player. i can see it now all the protests and rainbow flags.
    Quote Quote