Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 129

Thread: Current gay NFL player may come out in next few months

  1. -81
    finintheburgh's Avatar
    teammates

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    1,370
    vCash:
    1471
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Not necessarily. There are lots of gay people that look and act like any straight male.
    if you got an 18 year old son who has never shown any interest in a female then that's your first clue. im not talking about fooling strangers, im talking about fooling both your parents. i cant believe that when a son admits to being gay to his parents for the first time, that he totally surprises both of them
    Quote Quote  

  2. -82
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,343
    vCash:
    4248
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by finintheburgh View Post
    if you got an 18 year old son who has never shown any interest in a female then that's your first clue. im not talking about fooling strangers, im talking about fooling both your parents. i cant believe that when a son admits to being gay to his parents for the first time, that he totally surprises both of them
    Ummm...its pretty easy to fake interest in women. Most gays have been with women before for the reasons the stated in your post.




    Quote Quote  

  3. -83
    finintheburgh's Avatar
    teammates

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    1,370
    vCash:
    1471
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Oh, so there are some things you dont tell friends. Why are you deceiving them? Why are you hiding yourself? Why do you want to hang out with people you cant tell everything to? Whats wrong with you?

    Denies them the same basic rights as every other citizen. Denying a group of people the same rights as everyone else is persecution. Its the definition.
    deceiving them would be to act like you dont have sex with your wife, to not tell them every position or place is another.
    is marriage really a right or a privilege? what right are they being denied
    Quote Quote  

  4. -84
    finintheburgh's Avatar
    teammates

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    1,370
    vCash:
    1471
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Ummm...its pretty easy to fake interest in women. Most gays have been with women before for the reasons the stated in your post.
    so does that make them bi or is gay a choice.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -85
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    7,871
    vCash:
    3340
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finintheburgh View Post
    deceiving them would be to act like you dont have sex with your wife, to not tell them every position or place is another.
    is marriage really a right or a privilege? what right are they being denied
    So wheres the line? You tell your friends every single time you have sex, right? You just dont tell them what position. What about protection, do you tell them when you use it? Is that out of bounds? What about foreplay, do you discuss how long you endulge in that? What about satisfaction, do you tell your friends about how satisfying it was? How satisfied the woman was? Do you tell them if you thought she was faking it?

    And its a right. You have certain things you can do(or qualify for) if you are married as opposed to if your not married. Taxes, hospital visitation, benefits, etc. Those are "rights" that are denied to a group of people but allowed for others. According to the General Accounting Office for the Federal Government, "the gay" are denied 1,138 rights. Thats persecution.

    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

  6. -86
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,791
    vCash:
    4782
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was going to write out a detailed reply, but Spesh pretty much covered it. If I recall correctly fin, back when you made your last appearance here in the PoFo you were pretty anti-gay rights. If I'm wrong, please feel free to correct me. But if that's the case, I would assume it's due to religiosity, which means your mind is made up and no amount of debate will change your mind. I will simply say this is a topic you don't seem to understand very well, and most likely because you're a straight man with no gay friends...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  7. -87
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,791
    vCash:
    4782
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    I see your point and agree that being gay comes a whole bunch of difficulties. However, lets not compare being gay in the USA, to being a devout Christian in a Muslim country. Over half the people in this country support gay marriage. There is a small minority that is violently opposed.
    It wasn't meant to compare the plights of homosexuals in this country to Christians living in the middle east. His example was just meant as an analogy to help those who aren't gay understand the frame of mind someone in the closet has. Since most people have a religion, one way or another, it was the most effective way for him to make his point...
    Quote Quote  

  8. -88
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,343
    vCash:
    4248
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by finintheburgh View Post
    so does that make them bi or is gay a choice.
    It makes them people that have dated women because they didnt want dad to find our they are gay.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -89
    finintheburgh's Avatar
    teammates

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    1,370
    vCash:
    1471
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    So wheres the line? You tell your friends every single time you have sex, right? You just dont tell them what position. What about protection, do you tell them when you use it? Is that out of bounds? What about foreplay, do you discuss how long you endulge in that? What about satisfaction, do you tell your friends about how satisfying it was? How satisfied the woman was? Do you tell them if you thought she was faking it?

    And its a right. You have certain things you can do(or qualify for) if you are married as opposed to if your not married. Taxes, hospital visitation, benefits, etc. Those are "rights" that are denied to a group of people but allowed for others. According to the General Accounting Office for the Federal Government, "the gay" are denied 1,138 rights. Thats persecution.

    you can keep tring to spin this but i dont see the point, if you cant tell theres a difference from talking about details about your wife and the fact that your gay then im sorry.

    All states have consanguinity restrictions on marriage. In something like 12 states first cousins can marry, and the rest they can't. How young one can marry also varies from state to state. Race is only not allowed as a basis for restriction because of the Constitution.I don't understand how marriage is a right. In my understanding, marriage is traditionally held to be a religious ceremony that the state may recognize as a special union and then confer special status upon that union supposing it meets certain well-defined qualifications, such as not being between siblings or persons of the same sex. A driver's license is similar. You apply and take an exam and upon passign the exam and paying a fee, you are granted the license to drive. You had to meet certain special conditions to obtain the priviledge.

    Voting, free association, ownership of firearms and the like are rights. All citizens are born with full authority to exercise them once they reach legal age. Revoking them requires due process, i.e. a felony conviction. They cannot be revoked at the whim of the legislature.

    Licensees can be affected by changing laws that modify the requirments for holding licenses. When the license expires in such circumstances, the licensee must meet the new requirements to continue exercising the privilege. Rights are not subject to such changing legislation. In the case of inter-racial marriage, laws proscribing it were held to be discriminatory on the basis of race. Laws that discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation have not yet been so widely struck down by the courts.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -90
    finintheburgh's Avatar
    teammates

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    1,370
    vCash:
    1471
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I was going to write out a detailed reply, but Spesh pretty much covered it. If I recall correctly fin, back when you made your last appearance here in the PoFo you were pretty anti-gay rights. If I'm wrong, please feel free to correct me. But if that's the case, I would assume it's due to religiosity, which means your mind is made up and no amount of debate will change your mind. I will simply say this is a topic you don't seem to understand very well, and most likely because you're a straight man with no gay friends...
    good memory sort of im not anti gay, and ive havent been in a church more than 2 times except for wedding so this has nothing to do with religion. your right i have no gay friends, but my daughter does
    and i dont treat them any different when there in my house.

    as far as marriage goes i think it all could be settled easily, give them the rights of married couples just call it something else and leave the church out of it
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Who Is Your (Current) Favorite Player?
    By A&O in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 10:05 PM
  2. Who is your Favorite current Dolphin player?
    By bpackers13 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 10-11-2008, 05:21 AM
  3. Who is Your CURRENT Favorite Player?
    By ckparrothead in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-18-2005, 05:27 PM
  4. Favorite Current Dolphin Player?
    By Doktor Ivel in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-14-2005, 05:47 AM
  5. This current Dolphin player,.....
    By relive1972 in forum Trivia
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-23-2002, 09:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •