Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Reppin Mock Version 1.0, Rounds 1-3

  1. -1
    ReppinThe941's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    165
    vCash:
    1063
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Draft Reppin Mock Version 1.0, Rounds 1-3

    I was putting off doing my mock until most of the Free Agency moves were set in motion. So here is how I believe/want the draft to go for our beloved Phins.
    #1 - Heres to hoping the new uniforms "blow our mind" draft Night. lol. Im not thrilled about the logo. Anyways.......

    1, 12 - WR Tavon Austin

    I understand a lot of our resources have already been devoted to this position this offseason. I can just see this pick as very possible for a few reasons. I feel we have too many holes to trade up (as has been rumored) and snag Lane Johnson. I see the top 3 OTs off the board. Milliner will obviously be long gone. Which leads me to Werner (If available), Rhodes, and Austin as the 3 guys on our radar. Werner is a beast but I feel as if we have already spent a 1st rounder on a player similar in Odrick (less natural pass rusher obviously). hes a strong side DE who will likely average around 6 to 10 sacks a season in his career. Not going to be a pass rushing dynamo. Rhodes is physical, big framed, and a great bump and run guy. I feel he should be the pick and can be taught the zone savvy-ness needed to thrive. Im feeling very confident in either Austin or Rhodes. I feel as a top 12 pick, Austin is a game changer and would become a more valuable player to us as he developed. Bess' slot replacment next year after using him on bubbles, screens and down the seem as a rookie. I would also LOVE to trade back in the first from 12 into the Mid and take Eifert while snagging another 2nd or 3rd in the process. Also lets not forget about Jarvis jones.....He is very much in play if available I feel. Just thinking about the speed on the offensive side of the ball with him(Austin) is scary. Wallace, Miller, Austin all can take it to the house at any moment.

    2, 42 - CB Johnthan Banks

    Big corner with great balls skills. Kind of guy who can (apparently) hold onto some of those possible INTs we let slip through our fingers so often last year.

    2, 54 - OT Terron Armstead

    Moving Martin to LT leaves a glaring need (obviously) at RT. Im basing this pick off the apparent love and need our front office has for athletic o-linemen.

    3, 77 - DE Corey Lemonier

    A guy I feel who is going to absolutely be a dynamic speed pass rusher. Could instantly come in and compete with OV for nickle pass rushing duty. with time could develope into Wake's bro when Odrick gets kicked inside next season.

    3, 82 - CB Tyrann Mathieu

    Taking our second 3rd rounder on a guy with character 'concerns". Regardless he makes plays and game impacting/changing plays. Also happens to be a huge position of need.

    Still working on Rounds 4-7 but feeling very confident in this mock. Feel I would love this draft and while being sexy...fills an ample amount of needs. What do you think?
    Boom Goes the Dynamite!
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    BlueFin's Avatar
    Seer of Visions

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2004
    Posts:
    12,506
    vCash:
    5592
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Forget Banks...he doesn't fit this defense....I like Austin and Armstead though.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    ReppinThe941's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    165
    vCash:
    1063
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFin View Post
    Forget Banks...he doesn't fit this defense....I like Austin and Armstead though.
    Why doesn't he?
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Twitches Brew's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2010
    Posts:
    1,204
    vCash:
    1459
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lemonier is a guy who I really like and have some trouble understanding why so many mocks and rankings have him on the board til the 3rd. I get that he doesn't have the best bend or ideal build for an edge guy, but his speed and tenacity on the edge is devastating, and I think he has some good upper-body strength to hang engaged and has a nice rip move on the outside.

    Anyways, I think your mock picks him where most people have him going, I just see him as more talented and likely to be gone in the first 40 picks. I have a hard time reading his projections. Obviously I concur with that pick! I think the Banks pick depends on which CBs go in the end of the first; my guess is that a lot will go there, but let's hope not - Banks wouldn't be as good an option as say Slay, imo.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    BlueFin's Avatar
    Seer of Visions

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2004
    Posts:
    12,506
    vCash:
    5592
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ReppinThe941 View Post
    Why doesn't he?
    Too slow(4.61 combine)...not physical enough for his size...sound like anybody we recently had in Miami?

    Remember...college football is the minor leagues...the skills that may make you a good corner in college does not neccesarily make you a good pro.

    He was more often than not facing guys in college that won't make it in the Pro's.

    We won't draft this guy, probably not Rhodes either....if we go corner in round one look for Trufant.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Pitbull13's Avatar
    Pitbull13

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    1,426
    vCash:
    1309
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Honey badger with the 3rd...No Way. Under sized and slow. Maybe with a 5th but not a 3rd
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Harry_Bagpipe's Avatar
    Archibald Meatpants

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,801
    vCash:
    5692
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Don't see lemonier making it to the third
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    ReppinThe941's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    165
    vCash:
    1063
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFin View Post
    Too slow(4.61 combine)...not physical enough for his size...sound like anybody we recently had in Miami?

    Remember...college football is the minor leagues...the skills that may make you a good corner in college does not neccesarily make you a good pro.

    He was more often than not facing guys in college that won't make it in the Pro's.

    We won't draft this guy, probably not Rhodes either....if we go corner in round one look for Trufant.
    Ok Sean Smith is def a 4.4 guy not a 4.6 guy. Banks is very physical and uses his size to his advantage a lot more than Smith ever did. Hes a GREAT run defending corner and played in a wide variety of Zone is college. Also played against top competition. He appears to be a perfect fit for what Coyle is looking for. Your entire argument is flawed...just my opinion. Well see how Ire feels on draft day.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    ReppinThe941's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    165
    vCash:
    1063
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull13 View Post
    Honey badger with the 3rd...No Way. Under sized and slow. Maybe with a 5th but not a 3rd
    I would much rather take a flyer on a guy who has proven hes a FOOTBALL player and not just a workout warrior. He can do a lot of jobs. Special teams, nickle, possible being developed into the boundary. Yeah hes under sized, so are a few other very productive corners in this league. Plus game speed means more than what you run in drawers. Watch some of his film.....he plays way fast
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    ReppinThe941's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    165
    vCash:
    1063
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    Lemonier is a guy who I really like and have some trouble understanding why so many mocks and rankings have him on the board til the 3rd. I get that he doesn't have the best bend or ideal build for an edge guy, but his speed and tenacity on the edge is devastating, and I think he has some good upper-body strength to hang engaged and has a nice rip move on the outside.

    Anyways, I think your mock picks him where most people have him going, I just see him as more talented and likely to be gone in the first 40 picks. I have a hard time reading his projections. Obviously I concur with that pick! I think the Banks pick depends on which CBs go in the end of the first; my guess is that a lot will go there, but let's hope not - Banks wouldn't be as good an option as say Slay, imo.
    I def am worried about him going earlier, just hoping with all of the talent at that position in this draft he's still there at 2B or 3A. Really think wiht him and Wake coming off the edge and starks, odrick, Ellerbe, Wheeler getting push up the middle. The pass rush would be vastly improved.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 11:21 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 03:30 PM
  3. Mock Version 1
    By mandal24 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 01:38 AM
  4. My mock version 1.0
    By RiderOnTheStorm in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-20-2008, 11:47 AM
  5. JJ's Mock version 1.0
    By Jimmy James in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-05-2006, 10:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •