Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoops Scoops...prospects Miami should target in the 2013 draft first 4 rounds...

1. -11
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Excellent work
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    damn i did put pick #56...my bad pick #54...i can understand people disagreeing with the hunt thing... i mulled it over for a while myself...he's got edge pass rush tools though and for his size they are very good ones...but yeah he needs a lot of work...no doubt about it...thus i said i'd rather he be gone than have to consider him...projections right now are he will be gone...

with armstead it's about betting on the upside...and yeah it's a large projection...but with a late 2nd rounder it's not too much of a risk...the reward potential outweighs the risk...ideally you get that in round 3...as for your scenario i don't think you can just put off ot til 2014...we have to do something whether it be sign a showing signs of fall off eric winston or with a pick in the draft...
    imo
    Good point about the risk/reward at that stage of the draft. He isn't raw and he does have the physical skills, so I guess taking a chance on an important position like LT might not be a bad idea at that stage of the draft. No doubt Hunt has impressive measurable ... the guy is built for youtube and kinda reminds me of that can't-miss DT prospect (Peria Jerry?) who jumped out of the pool. Unfortunately, Hunt isn't even close to him as a football player ... and that's damning with feint praise, heh.
    "I want guys who want to make an impact on and off the field. Good human beings. Guys who want to get better. Guys who want to improve. They want to be great, want to win. Those types of guys we can work with every day." --Joe Philbin
    - Defending the Read Option - What do you think?
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wasn't suggesting the Dolphins take Jarvis Jones. I have no interest in him. I was saying, if he falls to #12 then it may be easier for them to find a trading partner (as in a team like the Steelers who may want to come up and get him) and drop back a couple of spots to pick up Eifert.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfin View Post
    I wasn't suggesting the Dolphins take Jarvis Jones. I have no interest in him. I was saying, if he falls to #12 then it may be easier for them to find a trading partner (as in a team like the Steelers who may want to come up and get him) and drop back a couple of spots to pick up Eifert.
    what makes you think anyones coming up for jarvis jones to #12??? i think he's on the board longer than you do...has medical with the neck...ran slow...has tested very poorly...

i guess anythings possible but i think it's pretty unlikely...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    what makes you think anyones coming up for jarvis jones to #12??? i think he's on the board longer than you do...has medical with the neck...ran slow...has tested very poorly...

i guess anythings possible but i think it's pretty unlikely...
    Yeah, they are all valid reasons to think otherwise. Lets not forget though, this kid was considered a real possibility for the #2 pick not so long ago. Either way, I used him as an example of somebody who I think might generate some interest for a team to move up. Star is another who I think could fall. The draft will be very interesting for sure
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Awesome work as always Hoops. Guru.

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Think you've got a good call on Vance McDonald.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfin View Post
    Yeah, they are all valid reasons to think otherwise. Lets not forget though, this kid was considered a real possibility for the #2 pick not so long ago. Either way, I used him as an example of somebody who I think might generate some interest for a team to move up. Star is another who I think could fall. The draft will be very interesting for sure
    well yeah we are opposites...cause i think now that stars heart is cleared he's going up boards...i'll be floored if he gets out of the top 10...
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm with you on physical corners who can do it all. I just heard about DJ Hayden the other day but I like what I hear a lot. Does anyone have any insight into his injury? I know he's recovered, but how risky is it for him to reinjure that? I mean thats an extremely serious condition to have been through once when most people don't survive

Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Phin fan since 1970!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Add the beast ELAM in the second round or top of the first even.
    Quote Quote