Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoops Scoops...prospects Miami should target in the 2013 draft first 4 rounds...

1. -31
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ive seen Hayden mocked in rounds 4-5 recently. Has he not checked out medically yet? If not, when will we know?

I seem to think this every year, but this draft really is going to be exciting. We can go so many different ways, and based in the talent level from say pick 10 up until late second even top of round 3 is gonna make it an interesting ride.

Hopefully we can nail some of our top picks for once.

I'd love a trade down (unless a top 10 talent drops) to pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Really good work. Excellent Winters/Incognito comparison.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    not really sure what you are talking about...mingo is 241 lbs played a hand in the dirt de at lsu all through his college career...if there's an adjustment it's making the switch to 34 olb...that's where the projection lies...he's never done that...

to me if you're gonna draft someone with a top 20 pick you should be playing to his strengths and what you graded him so high in the first place with...not asking him to be something else...i think that's where you can get yourself in trouble...so much projection with a position switch...

guys that are no brainer stand up olbs in a 34 are dion jordan...who has played so much standing up and dropping etc there is no projection there...it's plug and play...
    Because I have been accused of not adding enough to my takes, here is my take on Mingo.

He is light in the pants for a DE. The Fins are looking for 4-3 DE's and Mingo...with his frame does not fit what they do. He better match up vs. TE's because NFL tackles will swallow him up. If Mingo does not win with his initial burst he shows, at best he has limited counter moves.

Mingo has this supposed talent yet disappears in way too many games at LSU. If it is not his talent than it is his passion for the game. Maybe you can blame the Les Miles' culture for allowing that to happen, but at the very least it shows he is not a self-starter.

Finally, I do not like his overall fit anyways the NFL. He will have to be a 3-4 LB. He has never played it before so he is kind of a misfit. Too small for DE in a 4-3 and untested at OLB in the 3-4. How much better is this player really going to get?

At the end of the day, he is not a fit for Miami.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks for all the hard work. I am so torn about who to pick with our first pick. I love the idea of Austin's playmaking ability because we need that desperately. Same can be said for Eifert. Cooper would make our OL so much better. Carredine would be a fantastic DE for us. He has playmaking skills and size. Why can't we have 4 first rounders this year
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by madridfinfan View Post
    Ive seen Hayden mocked in rounds 4-5 recently. Has he not checked out medically yet? If not, when will we know?

I seem to think this every year, but this draft really is going to be exciting. We can go so many different ways, and based in the talent level from say pick 10 up until late second even top of round 3 is gonna make it an interesting ride.

Hopefully we can nail some of our top picks for once.

I'd love a trade down (unless a top 10 talent drops) to pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd.
    with hayden i think people are just like myself late to the party...everything i've heard is that it's not an issue going forward medical wise...but you'll probably have a better answer on draft weekend with how long he last on the board...if he gets into day 3 i think it's more than fair to say the medical has people spooked...there's no way that kid should be out there at the start of the 4th round...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So other thoughts on your write up. While we disagree big time on Mingo, we have a lot in common overall.

* Johnson- If we want Lane Johnson, we got to move up. Dead on there.
    * Cooper IS the best guard in the draft.
    * Allen- does even play football anymore. Will be available in round two. I have never seen a "simple" knee injury take so long to heal.
    * Eifert- seems like the consensus is he the first TE to come off the board, but your write up shows that there are other TE's of value later in the draft. Not good value at 12.
    * Hayden- glad you joined the party! I like where you put him. He is that good. No way he is day three like some experts have him.
    * Trufant- Agree with everything you said.
    * Ertz- Excellent write up. Love this kid. Reminds me of Jason Witten
    * Your write up shows how strong the 2nd round is this year. That means two things to me...one, Miami can get two valuable players OR a team ahead of the the Fins might be willing to bail for a little less to recoup a 2nd rounder...paging Oakland Raiders.

* If the Fins stay at 12. I think the "suspects" for that pick could be...in no order at this time...Eifert, Richardson, Trufant, Hayden or Vaccaro. I think we as fans are sleeping on the Vaccaro possibility.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Because I have been accused of not adding enough to my takes, here is my take on Mingo.

He is light in the pants for a DE. The Fins are looking for 4-3 DE's and Mingo...with his frame does not fit what they do. He better match up vs. TE's because NFL tackles will swallow him up. If Mingo does not win with his initial burst he shows, at best he has limited counter moves.

Mingo has this supposed talent yet disappears in way too many games at LSU. If it is not his talent than it is his passion for the game. Maybe you can blame the Les Miles' culture for allowing that to happen, but at the very least it shows he is not a self-starter.

Finally, I do not like his overall fit anyways the NFL. He will have to be a 3-4 LB. He has never played it before so he is kind of a misfit. Too small for DE in a 4-3 and untested at OLB in the 3-4. How much better is this player really going to get?

At the end of the day, he is not a fit for Miami.
    well to be fair that's cause you don't usually provide any take...just one liners...but i appreciate the effort to explain your posiion here...i disagree with some of it...

obviously if i thought all mingo could do was beat te's i wouldn't have him this high...he's got the physical edge rush tools to give tackles fits...from a get off and burst which his lower half testing at the combine more than suggested from his 11 ft plus jump to his vertical etc...will he get washed out a lot if a tackle can get his hands on him and lock out??? yeah i'm sure he will...but will tackles always be worried about his ability to beat them on the edge and overcommit to make sure they get into that initial kick step as quickly as they can and open the door for him to redirect back inside and burst through to the qb with that rediculous acceleration and closing speed??? yep...

and this guys not as small as you are leading on by the way...6 ft 4 1/4 241 lbs...the ability to add another 5-8 lbs still of good weight and not lose anything...although he does have a thin torso...
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    While I am not a Mingo guy, he will be so interesting where he might go on draft day. I am sure someone will fall in love with him and take him earlier than I would. Boom or bust guy.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    So other thoughts on your write up. While we disagree big time on Mingo, we have a lot in common overall.

* Johnson- If we want Lane Johnson, we got to move up. Dead on there.
    * Cooper IS the best guard in the draft.
    * Allen- does even play football anymore. Will be available in round two. I have never seen a "simple" knee injury take so long to heal.
    * Eifert- seems like the consensus is he the first TE to come off the board, but your write up shows that there are other TE's of value later in the draft. Not good value at 12.
    * Hayden- glad you joined the party! I like where you put him. He is that good. No way he is day three like some experts have him.
    * Trufant- Agree with everything you said.
    * Ertz- Excellent write up. Love this kid. Reminds me of Jason Witten
    * Your write up shows how strong the 2nd round is this year. That means two things to me...one, Miami can get two valuable players OR a team ahead of the the Fins might be willing to bail for a little less to recoup a 2nd rounder...paging Oakland Raiders.

* If the Fins stay at 12. I think the "suspects" for that pick could be...in no order at this time...Eifert, Richardson, Trufant, Hayden or Vaccaro. I think we as fans are sleeping on the Vaccaro possibility.
    i like vaccaro...best cover safety in the draft...can man the slot...but 4.65 40 does not suggest top 12 worthy pick...had that been in the low 4.5's then i think it would be more likely...
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i like vaccaro...best cover safety in the draft...can man the slot...but 4.65 40 does not suggest top 12 worthy pick...had that been in the low 4.5's then i think it would be more likely...
    I wish he had a little more productivity. His 5 picks does not impress me for 12. However, I think he is in the mix.
    Quote Quote