Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Hoops Scoops...prospects Miami should target in the 2013 draft first 4 rounds...

1. -71
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm coming around to Tavon Austin at #12, the idea of 2 guys with 4.3 speed on the field together is exciting to think about. but will Philbin and Ireland really consider a WR in the 1st? given the signings at WR
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    keenan allens pro day today...coming off a knee i wonder if he will be 100 percent on his run...i think he's a fully healthy mid 4.5's or better guy...i expect after today to see allens stock heading up to where it belongs...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How would you feel about Dee Milliner, if they traded up?
    Quote Quote  

4. -74

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfin View Post
    How would you feel about Dee Milliner, if they traded up?
    i would only trade up for a corner if i felt like he was a very rare prospect...and i don't think milliner is that...i don't think he's the level coming out that patrick peterson and claiborne were in years prior...i'd rate them both higher as prospects apples to apples

especially into the top 6...he's not that rare to warrant it...
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Picture Me Rollin'

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thugz Mansion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    love robert alford - in order to be drafted that high as a small school prospect you need to leap off the screen - he does just that - dominates the competition. love his athleticism, versatility (he can play the boundaries and the slot), and ability to be a difference maker in the PR game. (not sold thigpen is our guy for PR. KR, yes.) I would be thrilled with him at either 2nd round selection.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really like David Amerson, do you think with the proper coaching he will become more consistent? he seems like a ball hawk but is fooled by double moves easily
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Greetings from Portlandia

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portland, OR
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great info!

What do you think of Chris Faulk, OT, LSU?

Also, I read that Dion Sims has dropped from 285# to 262# and his lean body comp is now 13% down from 18%. Given this commitment to get better, and his past success as a receiving threat, shouldn't he have some serious upside? We need a blocking TE now and if he can get "faster" and become even more of a receiving threat, wouldn't he be a steal in round 3 or 4?

Many of your targeted players will slip through to round 4 and beyond, I think we should try to obtain some extra late round picks and draft them for cheap.

RW
    Make your own rules!

Quote Quote  

8. -78

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nick1 View Post
    I really like David Amerson, do you think with the proper coaching he will become more consistent? he seems like a ball hawk but is fooled by double moves easily
    I think he tries to get by with just his tools to much. coaching and technique may alleviate a lot of it. I would also like to see better awareness. But make no mistake about it his physical tools are elite level
    Quote Quote  

9. -79

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RichmondWeb View Post
    Great info!

What do you think of Chris Faulk, OT, LSU?

Also, I read that Dion Sims has dropped from 285# to 262# and his lean body comp is now 13% down from 18%. Given this commitment to get better, and his past success as a receiving threat, shouldn't he have some serious upside? We need a blocking TE now and if he can get "faster" and become even more of a receiving threat, wouldn't he be a steal in round 3 or 4?

Many of your targeted players will slip through to round 4 and beyond, I think we should try to obtain some extra late round picks and draft them for cheap.

RW
    I think faulks more a 5th round value. I am interested though. Doesn't strike me as a terrific move athlete. Sims dropping weight doesn't surprise me. Wanting to run fast. Playing at 260 would definitely help his burst but will he keep the weight off? Question you got to ask yourself. If so I like him more for sure maybe as the 5th tight end on my board. Maybe

I'm sure a few of those guys will last a little later. Not everyone's looking for what we are or our scheme fits.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hoops, whats your take on Nickell Robey?? I went to high school with him and hes great corner IMHO but im curious what you think about him..

Quote Quote