Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: With 1st round draft pick the Miami Dolphins will select a guy in this list...

1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cuernavaca, Morelos, MX.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Miami is not going to select somebody just to unveil a new jersey. If they pick someone in attendance it's because he is at the top of their board.
    Don't discount the merchandise impact of this.

Team can make whatever special event aside of Draft event, but being a National TV event it's critical for our FO to expose the new jersey at Radio Music Hall.

That's for the business side of it, the sports side agrees about picking BPA.
    From Mexico, GO PHINS GO!!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cuernavaca, Morelos, MX.
    Thanks / No Thanks

THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by Swantoon View Post
    That's 146.5%
    Yeah I was hurried by the time i was calculating probabilities.

Give me some minutes to fix it.

10:28 AM DONE!
    Last edited by MexDolfan; 04-03-2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: I was hurried by the time i was calculating probabilities.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    lmao at the thought that Miami makes a pick to get the jersey on TV.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's a pretty comprehensive list, but a couple of those guys could be 2nd rounders like Hunt. Looking at Miami's biggest weaknesses as of now it's CB opposite Grimes and offensive tackle. The Dolphins need to find some offensive guards as well to develop behind Igcognito and Louis, who are both on 1-year contracts. And, we can't forget pass rusher which could be the team's #1 target.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I think MexDolfan is probably right about the thread premise, though. They do want to unveil the new jersey at the draft. How are the invites sent out?
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    If they wanted a buzz they should have had Wallace wear it at his presser! Because depending on who we draft the excitement of a New Jersey might not out weigh who is holding it up!
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cuernavaca, Morelos, MX.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phins117 View Post
    Not a lineman... CB or DE or TE or WR. Lineman will def be 2nd pick.
    First round pick will be used to expose new jersey. They want a signature player that could be linked to the new image.

That said Ireland expressed that having 11 draft picks will serve to move in every direction and have power to select 6-7 players.

Aside of any football strategy, Ireland is looking for a new NT, because both nose tackles are in contract years and it's time to prepare the future keystone for the defense.
    The reasoning behind this is Ireland will have a nasty time dealing contract extensions for both guys. Big Paul & Randy Starks will be open to hear what Dolphins put over the table, but knowing Patriots should be willing to part ways with Wilfork on 2014 and some other teams could be desperate for a proven NT. So it could be a bless to trade up and pick Star Lotulelei, if he's available at somewhere close to 10th spot.

Other sexy pick could be Tyler Eifert, but it's a matter of over-drafting and full-fitting in the offensive scheme. I mean Eifert is viewed as a younger version of Dustin Keller, a TE with marvelous hands and routes, but undeveloped blocking techniques. Other TE in this class have better blocking and could be closer to Philbin's designs.

Finally, pass rusher is a need and at this point of the draft, there should be amazing quality on different styles, so it would require extensive examination and evaluation but sounds like the safest pick.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    If they wanted a buzz they should have had Wallace wear it at his presser! Because depending on who we draft the excitement of a New Jersey might not out weigh who is holding it up!
    Merchandise wasn't ready.
    Last edited by MexDolfan; 04-03-2013 at 01:05 PM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cuernavaca, Morelos, MX.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Both hugest needs RT & CB will be filled later, you don't need to hurry about it on first round, this draft class offers great depth on both positions and Dolphins have plenty of draft picks to trade up in case they wanted.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think there 1st round pick is on your list
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    TE is a HUGE need, remember, Fasano isn't on the team anymore, and I would cut Egnew and Mastrud tomorrow...Keller? He might be gone next year. I'd target a potential pro-bowler in Eifert, but would also target a better blocking TE in a later round...Eifert would impact our offense in ways that no other player on the board can, before, or after we pick. Best TE on the Draft, period!!
    Quote Quote