Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: A Forum Draft Question

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17

A Forum Draft Question

I see where draft threads are moved to a draft forum, which I do not understand. I tell friends to click on here, and they come back to me that they are not talking the draft, not knowing there is a separate forum for that.

I, and they, have to ask why? This is April, and forget the logo, Phinatics want to talk DRAFT!!! So, the main forum moves these threads, and goes with kinda pathetic other stuff. Is there something I am missing?

Trust me, there has been at least a dozen Phans who have no interest in what you are now offering on the "Main Forum"

FWIW
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think your point about a lot of other topics you don't really care about right now is the answer. The draft topics are moved to the draft forum so you don't have to weed through the other stuff trying to find what you're looking for. We wouldn't want the peanut butter, fruit, cookies and trash bags in the same section of the grocery store. It's really to make things easrier on the users.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Austin, Tx and Bali, Indo
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I kinda think putting the draft threads in the main forum is a good thing for the month of the draft. No real other things of value being discussed anyway.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    bon jon bovi

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Until a player's drafted is it really "Dolphins News"?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    I can't see where the misunderstanding is. IF a post is about the NFL draft, NFL draft prospects, what you think miami should do in the draft, anything draft related... It should go in the draft forum. thats why its there.

there are a million other dolphin topics you could talk about in the mains, that aren't directly draft related.

thats my thoughts on it I guess.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Big Play Clay

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Putting all those draft threads in the main forum would be a bit of a mess... Things would just get drowned out and a lot of good stuff wouldn't get the proper breathing space it gets in the Draft Forum. A lot of the posts took a lot of effort, be it through player analysis, ranking, mock drafts or whatever, and it'd be a shame to see a multitude of logo/uniform threads get placed above them. That content deserves to stand on it's own.

No offense meant to your friends, but it really isn't that hard to find the draft forum, and most NFL forums have separate sections for the draft in my experience
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have to agree with the OP. During the month of "April", I don't see what else is Dolphins news or going to be talked about except what? The damn logo? Lol. To me, at least for the month of April, draft related should be on the main forum. As draft guru type intricacies that may not be the general interests I can see relegated to the draft forum but general draft possibilities in the main forum for the montj of April. Jmo.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Are they really that new to message boards that they don't know there are multiple forums? Tell them to check out the Draft forum. We tend to be somewhat more lenient the week of the draft, particularly with regards to trade and draft rumors that actually pertain to the Phins, but we don't need a month of everybody's mock draft in the main forum. It's not ONLY draft time right now. It's also FA, new logo/uniforms, etc. We have the separate forums in order to keep some order to the many threads that get started every day.

Speaking of which, these questions are best posted in the questions/suggestions forum so staff can see it faster than having to hope to catch it in the main board.

Quote Quote