Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 138

Thread: Interesting article on espn about Ricky Williams

  1. -121
    rob19's Avatar
    Soul Rebel

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    7,358
    vCash:
    7731
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    I've explained his decision had serious repercussions for other ppl within the Miami Dolphins organization. Some of those people put their necks out to help him resurrect his football career. The MAIN reason I feel as I do about Ricky is because he obviously never spent a moment thinking about how his decision would harm those ppl and their families.

    I cannot understand why the ppl that defend him constantly ignore this reality.
    Spielman & Pornstache deserved to be fired. He didn't owe it to them to keep playing football. They were bad at their jobs. Want me to list you the names of our 2004 draft? Vernon Carey, Will Poole, Tuny Boa, Rex Hadnot, Tony Pape, & Derrick Pope. There's also a reason Dave never got another NFL Head coaching job & it isn't Ricky Williams.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -122
    sirvmac's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    552
    vCash:
    1443
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    I've explained his decision had serious repercussions for other ppl within the Miami Dolphins organization. Some of those people put their necks out to help him resurrect his football career. The MAIN reason I feel as I do about Ricky is because he obviously never spent a moment thinking about how his decision would harm those ppl and their families.

    I cannot understand why the ppl that defend him constantly ignore this reality.
    This is the root of the problem. Me personally, I am not interested in putting a guy on trial here on the forum while some attack him and some defend him.
    Yeah he did what he did. It's a page in his book. We all are walking, talking books. We all have tainted pages in it. I don't see the point in focusing on this tainted page which was many many chapters ago.
    Life is in flux, a lot of moving parts, intertwined, a lot of things have happened since then, to him, to us, to everybody.

    So imo, either we focus on the current page of the book , the present moment, or focus on the book as a whole. Not picking out the tainted pages in the book, and then judging/damning the entire book.
    I only know my point of view. I came to this thread because I'm a huge Ricky fan, and I actually care what he has to say, which is more than 90% of the other athletes.
    So I'm coming into this thread in a happy state of mind, hoping to interact with other people that like Ricky.

    I'm trying to understand your point of view. If you despise him, hate him, don't care or indifferent about him, then why even come to this thread. All the **** that is being brought up is years ago anyways.
    This current thread/topic is about what he is doing right now.
    I'm just trying to understand, but I just get the feeling that you want to ''out-argue'' and ''convert'' people against Ricky.
    Like more than half this thread is ****ing arguing, it's just such BS.
    I'm pretty damn certain no Ricky-supporter is going to turn against him because of arguing on this thread.

    If you don't like him or don't care about him, that's totally cool I respect that. There is no right or wrong answer here. That should be understood at least.
    I don't have a problem if you don't like him. I'm definitely not interested in getting into an argument over that. I don't respect you any less for your difference of opinion, so no harm done.
    My quarrel is with where the thread is going.
    I thought it would be Ricky fans discussing uplifting things.
    Now it's like pro-Ricky people fighting anti-Ricky people.
    I just don't see the reason for an anti-Ricky guy to come to this thread, unless to ''convert'' Ricky fans to their opinion of him.

    I just don't like seeing the thread turn into a courthouse.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -123
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    8,682
    vCash:
    33543
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    This oughtta be good.

    How does pissing away millions of dollars = intelligence in financial planning? For that matter, how does hiring Master P to negotiate your contract constitute the same?

    You've got to have millions of dollars to piss away millions of dollars. He was doing something right to get there, is what I'm saying. And no decision he made left him so far out of whack that he isn't richer than everyone who posts on this forum, short of Dovahkiin, of course.

    Call him an idiot all you want but it's worked out for him. So who's the one who really should be laughing?


    Quote Quote  

  4. -124
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,877
    vCash:
    20825
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo





    Quote Quote  

  5. -125
    NY8123's Avatar
    Sophisticated Redneck

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    11,934
    vCash:
    7620
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I see this piece of **** thread finally hit the depths. How ****ing super. I hope you ****ers have at each other like Pam does Tommy's dick. By all means fling the insults and get it out of your systems.

    Stoners verse Templars. Come on I want to see it, tis merely a flesh wound, bring it or are you too stoned or busy at church?
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

    Quote Quote  

  6. -126
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,434
    vCash:
    4921
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Great thread. Would read again.




    Quote Quote  

  7. -127
    Wildbill3's Avatar
    Misery Loves Company

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2001
    Posts:
    25,048
    vCash:
    5920
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Lol ny you can't expect potheads to be motivated to keep up an argument it'll ruin a buzz
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

    Quote Quote  

  8. -128
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,434
    vCash:
    4921
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    Lol ny you can't expect potheads to be motivated to keep up an argument it'll ruin a buzz
    How did I get wrapped up in this mess? I dont even smoke.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -129
    Wildbill3's Avatar
    Misery Loves Company

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2001
    Posts:
    25,048
    vCash:
    5920
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    How did I get wrapped up in this mess? I dont even smoke.
    IDK. the only thing that motivates a pothead is apparently not liking another pothead.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -130
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,434
    vCash:
    4921
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    IDK. the only thing that motivates a pothead is apparently not liking another pothead.
    Ricky was a pothead, no doubt. But Ill go to my grave believing that real real motivating factor behind him quitting wasnt the ganja. The positive test probably pushed him over the edge, but I think he really felt he had to get away because he wasnt good mentally and emotionally.

    I can definitely understand the sentiment behind not giving up a lucrative career because you want to smoke, but Im not sure if anyone would make a decision like that with the sole reason for the decision being wanting to smoke some herb.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Run Ricky Run: an article on Ricky Williams' NFL journey
    By JC in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 05:36 PM
  2. Interesting Ricky Williams Biography.....
    By Beasley in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 07:12 PM
  3. Interesting stat on Ricky Williams
    By dolphinsfan21 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-22-2009, 06:10 PM
  4. Interesting article on Eli from ESPN
    By njfinfan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-22-2004, 06:04 PM
  5. Incredible Article On ESPN Written By Ricky Williams
    By Cranx in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-04-2002, 10:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •