Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 138

Thread: Interesting article on espn about Ricky Williams

  1. -51
    ohall's Avatar
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2002
    Posts:
    26,976
    vCash:
    7378
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Thats because you think its about weed when it isnt.
    So was it 50% of the reason why he did what he did? I mean at what % does it become a non-loser move?
    Quote Quote  

  2. -52
    ohall's Avatar
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2002
    Posts:
    26,976
    vCash:
    7378
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfan_101 View Post
    so much money worship in here it gets under my skin lol
    I live in the real world. We all require money, and only a loser would leave that kind of money on the table for a plant.

    Shoot if it was over a woman, or something you could wrap your head around it. lol he gave it up to smoke a plant!

    He's not actually a loser, he's a deep thinker, burdened by non-economic problems that controlled his life. The poor guy!
    Quote Quote  

  3. -53
    ohall's Avatar
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2002
    Posts:
    26,976
    vCash:
    7378
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kidtransam View Post
    You can't understand how it can be viewed any other way because you are extremely close minded. You can make any single situation seem to be a 'loser move' if you are that incredibly close minded.

    This must be what it feels like trying to teach quantum physics to a stick.
    I am open minded. That's why I see him for what he is. I worked with ppl like Ricky for 9-years. I know exactly his game. His actions gave him away.

    If he was all about what some of you think he is, he never would have returned to football. No spin can remove the fake he is because of that. He's not as smart or as deep as some of you think he is. He was and prob still is simply a pothead.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -54
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,566
    vCash:
    7005
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    So was it 50% of the reason why he did what he did? I mean at what % does it become a non-loser move?
    Id say a pretty small amount. Him leaving was a lot more of an issue of him not being well mentally.




    Quote Quote  

  5. -55
    Fins_of_Fury's Avatar
    3rd Year QB Proving my Worth

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2009
    Posts:
    1,043
    vCash:
    184
    Loc:
    Asheville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    PS4 ControllerTannehill 17Cam Wake 911972 Dolphins Logo
    Ohall, why do you have such a vendetta against Ricky, is he what he does with his life not his own personal choice? Who are you to judge the decisions hes made?
    Quote Quote  

  6. -56
    FearTheBeard's Avatar
    The Man - Formerly Grush

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2007
    Posts:
    2,107
    vCash:
    11070
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    I am open minded. That's why I see him for what he is. I worked with ppl like Ricky for 9-years. I know exactly his game. His actions gave him away.

    If he was all about what some of you think he is, he never would have returned to football. No spin can remove the fake he is because of that. He's not as smart or as deep as some of you think he is. He was and prob still is simply a pothead.
    Ohall, you ever smoked a joint before? You should give it a try, might chill you out a bit.

    Sign: Daryn Colledge
    Draft: 1. LB Ryan Shazier 2. OL Joel Bitonio 3. WR Donte Moncrief 4. OL Brandon Thomas 5. OT Laurent Duvernay Tardif 6. RB Bo Oliver 7. TBD

    LT Albert LG Smith C Pouncey RG Colledge RT Bitonio
    Quote Quote  

  7. -57
    traptses's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    833
    vCash:
    1923
    Loc:
    Albany, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    How am I comparing our earning capacity to a NFL player? Never did even suggest that.

    I am asking you to try and comprehend the amount of money he left on the table and how just 10% of that type of money could change either one of our lives?

    How can that reality not upset you as a person, let alone a Dolphins fan?

    I hope he's happy, truly. But he's still a loser to me because of the selfish decision he made.

    ---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------



    Sorry I can't buy his rational he's selling for why he smoked pot and left the Dolphins high and dry. It was a selfish losers move. I can't understand how it can be viewed any other way.
    Right. 10% of that could change MY life. But is that going to ruin HIS life? If he is comfortable with his life and the money he has, I don't see the problem, I'm sorry
    Quote Quote  

  8. -58
    rob19's Avatar
    Soul Rebel

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    7,542
    vCash:
    9622
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Obviously if he had 40 million dollars instead of 20 million dollars he'd be twice as happy.

    You hippies just don't get it.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -59
    ohall's Avatar
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2002
    Posts:
    26,976
    vCash:
    7378
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by traptses View Post
    Right. 10% of that could change MY life. But is that going to ruin HIS life? If he is comfortable with his life and the money he has, I don't see the problem, I'm sorry
    I don't have a problem with his current situation. It's his life after all, I hope he and his family are very very happy. Especially his children.

    But in no way does that change how moronic of a move it was when he did what he did. Enabling someone like Ricky won't help him or his family. I hope for his sake he has someone that reminds him just how stupid he was in the past. Once an addict always an addict. If he really believes it wasn't really about the pot then he prob will make some genius moves in his life.

    I'm just not comfortable when ppl try and re-write history. Especially when that person screwed with the NFL team I love.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -60
    spiketex's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,314
    vCash:
    12891
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    How am I comparing our earning capacity to a NFL player? Never did even suggest that.

    I am asking you to try and comprehend the amount of money he left on the table and how just 10% of that type of money could change either one of our lives?

    How can that reality not upset you as a person, let alone a Dolphins fan?

    I hope he's happy, truly. But he's still a loser to me because of the selfish decision he made.

    ---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------



    Sorry I can't buy his rational he's selling for why he smoked pot and left the Dolphins high and dry. It was a selfish losers move. I can't understand how it can be viewed any other way.
    Why the bitterness and vitriol for Ricky? He's a great example of someone who overcame his obstacles and completed his obligations to this team. To dismiss him as a loser is totally wrong. I, like many other Dolphin fans, respect the hell out of Ricky.
    Ohall, you are wrong again.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Run Ricky Run: an article on Ricky Williams' NFL journey
    By JC in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 05:36 PM
  2. Interesting Ricky Williams Biography.....
    By Beasley in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 07:12 PM
  3. Interesting stat on Ricky Williams
    By dolphinsfan21 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-22-2009, 06:10 PM
  4. Interesting article on Eli from ESPN
    By njfinfan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-22-2004, 06:04 PM
  5. Incredible Article On ESPN Written By Ricky Williams
    By Cranx in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-04-2002, 10:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •