Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting article on espn about Ricky Williams

1. -81
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area, California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    What a strange world it is becoming. The man loses millions over smoking a plant and he's now some kind of an enlightened person?

He's a loser, period end of story. The player worship is embarrassing!!!
    You're money worship and puritanism is embarrassing. He had issues and came out of the whole ordeal a better person. Why do you hate?
    Quote Quote  

2. -82
    Superbowl MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    College Station, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Did they smoke a plant that cost them millions of dollars?

If he has 2 million he could of had prob another 10. In my book losing out on that over a plant is nothing more than one of the biggest loser moves any where.

Great football player, even appears to be a nice person. Still doesn't change how much of a loser he actually is.

You keep saying he's a loser but you really need to shut up unless you've met the guy. He seems really happy and he's far more intelligent than the average person. Our society loves to gauge a persons success by how much money they make but it's very possible to be happy without making millions. His family did not starve, he still made more than enough money to provide a comfortable lifestyle. To him, it was more important to do something he loved rather than play football and get paid a lot of money. Takes a real man to do that.

You are the one who sounds like a real loser.

Quote Quote  

3. -83
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Lol really?

Yes it's far more intelligent and mature to go after a spelling error rather than addressing the actual issue.

I'm on my phone, what's your excuse?
    Your phone? I moderate this site from my phone most of the time. What's your excuse?

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Oh and the plant is good stuff btw.

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is directed toward ohall, what makes ricky a loser? The fact that he is one if not the most productive back we have had in a very long time or maybe the fact that he lead the league in rushing in 2002? And as far as throwing away millions....I'm pretty sure he is doing okay and he didn't throw it away for a plant, he took time off to rehab his body and get his mind right, to pursue something that he had a passion for, because there are more things to life then just football. He took a break from what the world wanted him to do in order to do something for himself, that is pretty inspirational if you ask me.
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't do weed but I still have his jersey. I think most fans don't care if he did the weed but only few would care enough to justify it (I think if Dolphins won a Super Bowl during his time: No Dolphins fans will care about the weed except the Jets).
    Quote Quote  

6. -86
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.finheaven.com/images/impo..._hippies-1.jpg

Hippies: will exist in the 23rd century.

ohall: won't.

Quote Quote  

7. -87
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafAngelboy23 View Post
    I don't do weed but I still have his jersey. I think most fans don't care if he did the weed but only few would care enough to justify it (I think if Dolphins won a Super Bowl during his time: No Dolphins fans will care about the weed except the Jets).
    best runningback the dolphins had since the czonka era
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

8. -88
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm one of the people that is addicted to money, I'm married to it. But money isn't everything for everyone. He left the dolphins because he wanted to find himself. If that one year that he left really made him see how he wants to live his life, isn't that priceless? If you could take a year off to find out what you really wanted out of life, you would do it too. Better yet, he came back and still made millions to play in the NFL. How many professional athletes can say they left football for a year, on bad conditions, then come back and still get paid to play the game.

Honestly, some people seem bitter that he was playing for millions, took a year off, then came back to play for millions. You jelly bro?
    Quote Quote  

9. -89
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    We can't give opinions on a man that we've never met?

Hold on...We kinda to that here all the time, don't we? And what value is it
    to have "Met" a person?

Look; The facts are that Ricky Williams is generally, a failure and a waste of talent.
    There is nothing he has in him that I'd find motivational, or inspiring.

He's got at least 3 Babymommas and 6 kids. That are known of.

He's done more damage to society than good, and that's a fact.

He's a quitter and a self absorbed tool.

You many have a different opinion and I respect that, but there is absolutely NOTHING
    that anyone could do or say that makes me take a WORD out of that dude's mouth that
    isn't complete horse ****.

It also really galls me that he valued pot over his team mates, his fans, his job....His kids...
    anything. The FIRST thing was pot.

That's not a guy I'm interested in listening to.
    Yup to each his own I guess. I feel completely opposite to you concerning Ricky Williams.
    But it doesn't really matter, it's just our opinions and our own personal beliefs.
    I don't see the need for people to argue over Ricky. He is just a guy trying to get by, like all of us.
    You learn what you can from people/experiences, etc. If it doesn't help you, move on, no harm done.
    I don't expect everybody to like him or even care about him.

Just not a fan when people start throwing out **** like ''loser'' and what not. Like wtf does that even mean lol?
    Me personally, I think alcohol is a billion times worse to mankind than weed. There is nothing or nobody that could change my opinion on that.
    I mean just look at the statistics. Your own experiences. The health problems. The relationships between people. It ****s up everything.
    For something that can give you that ****ed up of a headache/hangover? Think about that.
    Yeah but it's not as bad as weed. Most of the masses just operate under this because the ''the powers that be'' tell them that it's legal. It's ok, you can do it.
    If you just stopped for a minute and actually looked at it, I mean damn lol it's staggering how ****ed up alcohol is.

This comes down again to ''moderation.'' Pro-alcohol or pro-weed, either one will not be kind to you when abused.
    But if you have a guy moderately drinking, or a guy moderately smoking, I really don't see the problem with either.
    As long as you are not interfering with other people, it's your life to live. At least it should be, not sure if that's the world we really live in anymore lol.

Anyways, I'm a huge Ricky fan and just wanted to comment. I respect the other side. But just don't want to see the thread turn into a ''holier than thou/let's judge people'' type of ****.
    Opinions are cool. But the snobbish/holier than thou stuff is a little too much.

He is just a guy, trying to get by, like everybody else here. If something helps/motivates you, use it. If not, move on. No harm done.

Have a good day everybody!
    Quote Quote  

10. -90
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1. I was and I still am a Ricky fan. He was my favorite player when he came to Miami when I was 14, he also broke my heart when he retired, but I never hated Ricky for being Ricky.

2. I looked at his gallery just to see his shots and the first pic in the gallery left me speechless because it caught so much emotion in one shot. Kind of gives you insight into Ricky Williams.

http://espn.go.com/espn/photos/galle...per-bowl-xlvii
    Quote Quote