Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rob Rang: Dolphins Spotlight

1. -1
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin

Rob Rang: Dolphins Spotlight

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/b...hins-spotlight

Discuss away...

I am not sure Ansah makes it to 12.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just trying to handicap this...feel free to add your take. My personal focus is to trade up to 3 or 6 for one of the top three OT's. I have not decided what to do at if they stay at 12...still have some time for that.

Here are some thoughts as we try to figure things out.

1. Trade up for an OT.
    2. Draft an OT at 12 (D.J. Fluker or Menelik Wilson) Fluker is rugged, but might not fit. He is a kid I would want on my side in a fight though.
    3. Take another position at 12 and draft Williams or Pugh in round two in the attempt to fix OT
    4. Eifert is in play at 12. It is a "glitzy" pick. Fans would like it and it helps Tannehill
    5. Would Ireland take a DE? Ansah, Werner? Maybe, but I think they want to give Vernon a chance to develop and another young player makes his development more difficult...I say NO D-end is drafted in round one.
    6. A DT IS in play for similar reasons as 5. One of the hardest positions to learn in the NFL is DT. Both current DT's are FA's next year and in their 30's. I have said for awhile now that Sheldon Richardson is in play at 12. Let him play rotationally, you have an interior pass rusher and a starter next year.
    7. No WR will be taken in round one. Ireland thinks he has done enough here in the offseason
    8. No CB will be taken in round one. It is the chic pick to have Rhodes coming to the Fins. I think the Grimes pick up allowed Jeff to be flexible on draft day and they have a high opinion of the vets currently on the team. A CB will be taken, but later in the draft.
    9. Kenny Vaccaro is in the mix. His skill set could help as much as starting CB. He can defend TE's, defend the slot and attack in the run game.

So...I think the following are in the mix in round one...
    * Trade up
    * Fluker or Wilson
    * Eifert
    * Richardson
    * Vaccaro

Feel free to add your scenarios. I still see the Fins being a mover and shaker on draft night.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Armstead makes a lot more sense in the 2nd round than trading up in the 1st for an offensive tackle of similar athleticism. Armstead reminds me a lot of Duane Brown when he came out of Virginia Tech.... very similar athletes. Brown had to be developed, as will Armstead. The end result is the same as if you traded a handful of picks to move up to select a tackle. You're not going to be able to tell the difference in the long run.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Armstead makes a lot more sense in the 2nd round than trading up in the 1st for an offensive tackle of similar athleticism. Armstead reminds me a lot of Duane Brown when he came out of Virginia Tech.... very similar athletes. Brown had to be developed, as will Armstead. The end result is the same as if you traded a handful of picks to move up to select a tackle. You're not going to be able to tell the difference in the long run.
    You might be right. In the long run he might be as good as the top three.

However, there is a "win now" approach happening in Davie...which I love. Armstead could be the guy, but he is the guy because they think he can come in and play now. Lots of high ceiling guys...Wilson and Pugh fit that bill.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    i'd like to see them trade back a few spots for an extra high pick. Most of the players mentioned will probably still be in play.
    Dallas usually tries to move up for their guy so they may be a good trade partner.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    You might be right. In the long run he might be as good as the top three.

However, there is a "win now" approach happening in Davie...which I love. Armstead could be the guy, but he is the guy because they think he can come in and play now. Lots of high ceiling guys...Wilson and Pugh fit that bill.

Pugh is going to be kicked inside. They know he won't play tackle in the NFL with 32" arms.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Armstead, Bakhtiari, Reid Fragel and Chris Faulk are the four guys I think are seriously worth consideration as potential starters in the near term.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

8. -8

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    Armstead, Bakhtiari, Reid Fragel and Chris Faulk are the four guys I think are seriously worth consideration as potential starters in the near term.

That's the kid to keep an eye on for Miami in the early-mid rounds. I like him as a potential right tackle along with Brennan Williams and Luke Marquardt.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Taylor makes a lot of sense at 54 - assuming he's still there. Armstead is an option at 54 or 77, but Taylor isn't a guy I'm considering before the 5th. Swearinger I start considering at 3b.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    That's the kid to keep an eye on for Miami in the early-mid rounds. I like him as a potential right tackle along with Brennan Williams and Luke Marquardt.
    I've been banging the drum on Fragel for a good while. I think he's a very underrated prospect, purely down to his recency to the position (and perhaps the bowl ban for Ohio St). But this kid is good, consistently good. I think he could play left at a pinch also.
    Quote Quote