Just trying to handicap this...feel free to add your take. My personal focus is to trade up to 3 or 6 for one of the top three OT's. I have not decided what to do at if they stay at 12...still have some time for that.
Here are some thoughts as we try to figure things out.
1. Trade up for an OT.
2. Draft an OT at 12 (D.J. Fluker or Menelik Wilson) Fluker is rugged, but might not fit. He is a kid I would want on my side in a fight though.
3. Take another position at 12 and draft Williams or Pugh in round two in the attempt to fix OT
4. Eifert is in play at 12. It is a "glitzy" pick. Fans would like it and it helps Tannehill
5. Would Ireland take a DE? Ansah, Werner? Maybe, but I think they want to give Vernon a chance to develop and another young player makes his development more difficult...I say NO D-end is drafted in round one.
6. A DT IS in play for similar reasons as 5. One of the hardest positions to learn in the NFL is DT. Both current DT's are FA's next year and in their 30's. I have said for awhile now that Sheldon Richardson is in play at 12. Let him play rotationally, you have an interior pass rusher and a starter next year.
7. No WR will be taken in round one. Ireland thinks he has done enough here in the offseason
8. No CB will be taken in round one. It is the chic pick to have Rhodes coming to the Fins. I think the Grimes pick up allowed Jeff to be flexible on draft day and they have a high opinion of the vets currently on the team. A CB will be taken, but later in the draft.
9. Kenny Vaccaro is in the mix. His skill set could help as much as starting CB. He can defend TE's, defend the slot and attack in the run game.
So...I think the following are in the mix in round one...
* Trade up
* Fluker or Wilson
Feel free to add your scenarios. I still see the Fins being a mover and shaker on draft night.