Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Growing Campaign to Revoke Obama's Nobel Peace Prize

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

The Growing Campaign to Revoke Obama's Nobel Peace Prize

The Nobel Peace Prize that President Obama received 40 months ago has emerged as the most appalling Orwellian award of this century. No, war is not peace.

George Carlin used to riff about oxymorons like "jumbo shrimp," "genuine imitation," "political science" and "military intelligence." But humor is of the gallows sort when we consider the absurdity and tragedy of the world's most important peace prize honoring the world's top war maker.

This week, a challenge has begun with the launch of a petition urging the Norwegian Nobel Committee to revoke Obama's Peace Prize. By midnight of the first day, nearly 10,000 people had signed. The online petition simply tells the Nobel committee: "I urge you to rescind the Nobel Peace Prize that was awarded to Barack Obama."

Many signers have added their own comments. Here are some samples:

"It is with very great regret that I sign this petition, but I feel it is morally the right thing to do. I had phenomenally high hopes that our President would be a torch bearer for the true message of Peace. Instead he has brought death, destruction and devastation to vast areas of the world, and made us less safe by creating more enemies." Sushila C., Punta Gorda, FL

"War is nothing to be given a peace prize for." Brent L., San Diego, CA

"President Obama has clearly demonstrated that he is undeserving of the Nobel Peace Prize. Revoke his prize and give it to Bradley Manning!" Henry B., Portland, OR

"Perhaps a better president than Bush or Romney, but not a Nobel laureate for peace." Arun N., Woodinville, WA

"I honestly cannot understand how they could bestow that honor on President Obama to begin with; I'm still puzzled!" Cindy A., Phoenix, AR

http://allafrica.com/stories/201304050267.html

Sign the petition!!!!

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldn't mind them taking more than just the peace prize from him. I honestly thought that he would go down as a great president but at this point in tenure the only thing his presidency has done was expose the dysfunctional nature of both parties and the shortcoming of any real candidate from either side.

I've lost my faith in my government to run the country efficiently and fairly. When big business drives the policies and laws the true problems of the little man will never be served.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can't think of many things I care about less than Obama and the Nobel Peace Prize. I'm not sure why anyone cares, really...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks

The Growing Campaign to Revoke Obama's Nobel Peace Prize

I'm not sure it's as respected with winners like Obama, Gore and Carter.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    I'm not sure it's as respected with winners like Obama, Gore and Carter.
    Carter was awarded it for what he's done since leaving office, not for what he did (or more accurately, didn't do) while President. The award was well deserved. Obama, on the other hand, hasn't done **** to deserve it.

Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Carter was awarded it for what he's done since leaving office, not for what he did (or more accurately, didn't do) while President. The award was well deserved. Obama, on the other hand, hasn't done **** to deserve it.
    True, him being President at one point prob had nothing to do with it.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    True, him being President at one point prob had nothing to do with it.
    It had an indirect effect. Had he not been president (as bad as he was at that), he never would have had the clout and connections needed to be an effective diplomat; but he most certainly didn't win the award for being President. The award has been a joke recently with Obama and the EU winning, but it hasn't always been and remains a great award in the sciences. Carter's was one of the well deserved ones.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The award has been a joke recently with Obama and the EU winning...
    I thought it became a joke when terrorist leader Yassar Arafat won.
    ďIím somewhat disappointed that more African Americans donít think for themselves and just go with whatever theyíre supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

9. -9

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It had an indirect effect. Had he not been president (as bad as he was at that), he never would have had the clout and connections needed to be an effective diplomat; but he most certainly didn't win the award for being President. The award has been a joke recently with Obama and the EU winning, but it hasn't always been and remains a great award in the sciences. Carter's was one of the well deserved ones.
    I have very little respect for Carter, but that doesn't really have anything to do with this subject. I just like typing/saying that as often as I can.

Yes he's done some good things after he left the WH, but if he wasn't an ex-President, there are thousands of other ppl who build houses for the poor.

Same goes for Al Gore. There are plenty of global warming wackos out there. There's a reason he won it. I doubt it has anything to do with his power point presentation.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I couldn't care less about obamas peace prize. I think we need to accept that people are going to want to give liberals (especially black liberals) awards for things they don't deserve. In these people's worlds, Nobel prizes are a big deal (hence as I type this on my iPad they are capitalizing the word "Nobel"), in reality, it's just a stupid award.
    Quote Quote