Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 95

Thread: The Growing Campaign to Revoke Obama's Nobel Peace Prize

  1. -41
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    4,992
    vCash:
    7395
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    You just wanna throw your new sig around.

    Congrats!
    I found a smaller, scaled down picture. It's less "in your face" now.
    Insert pithy saying here.

    Quote Quote  

  2. -42
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,060
    vCash:
    6538
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If the Nobel people had a pair they would revoke this award. Then maybe we might get an honest debate about both parties being slaves to the Military Industrial Complex. And maybe once again give credence to this Peace award. When war criminals get peace awards the world is upside down. You should care.





    "Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

  3. -43
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,060
    vCash:
    6538
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

  4. -44
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,721
    vCash:
    3749
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    If the Nobel people had a pair they would revoke this award. Then maybe we might get an honest debate about both parties being slaves to the Military Industrial Complex. And maybe once again give credence to this Peace award. When war criminals get peace awards the world is upside down. You should care.
    Why the hell would the Nobel Committee give a **** about American politics? Everyone seems to be ignoring the fact that the Nobel selection committee is not American. They don't give a **** about Democrats/Republicans or the Military Industrial Complex...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  5. -45
    ohall's Avatar
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2002
    Posts:
    26,836
    vCash:
    6172
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Why the hell would the Nobel Committee give a **** about American politics? Everyone seems to be ignoring the fact that the Nobel selection committee is not American. They don't give a **** about Democrats/Republicans or the Military Industrial Complex...
    I think you are the only one making that assumption.

    I think it's offensive for you to think ppl are so stupid that they wouldn't know the Nobel peace prize is an independent entity that has always had a bias, a European bias. The fact that it has peace prize in its name should make it VERY clear even to the dimmest what exactly their POV is.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -46
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,060
    vCash:
    6538
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Why the hell would the Nobel Committee give a **** about American politics? Everyone seems to be ignoring the fact that the Nobel selection committee is not American. They don't give a **** about Democrats/Republicans or the Military Industrial Complex...
    They gave a **** about it enough to give him the award in the first place. Like many in this country the Nobel peps fell for the BS Obama was selling. For me any amount of attention recognizing the fact that both these parties are b!tches to the MIC is always welcomed and warranted. Especially when our media (and democrats) take a total vacation on the matter.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -47
    Fin Fan in Cali's Avatar
    RIP Gary Moore

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    25,567
    vCash:
    21181
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Please keep the debate in here respectful and not personal!

    Thanks,

    John

    Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

    Quote Quote  

  8. -48
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,721
    vCash:
    3749
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    They gave a **** about it enough to give him the award in the first place. Like many in this country the Nobel peps fell for the BS Obama was selling. For me any amount of attention recognizing the fact that both these parties are b!tches to the MIC is always welcomed and warranted. Especially when our media (and democrats) take a total vacation on the matter.
    You're missing the point entirely. You're asking for the Nobel Committee to take a side in American politics. Why would they care...?
    Quote Quote  

  9. -49
    GoFins!'s Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    492
    vCash:
    1096
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They seemingly took a side when they awarded him the prize based on campaign promises.

    Taking it away, or not, would be based on his actual deeds.
    ďIím somewhat disappointed that more African Americans donít think for themselves and just go with whatever theyíre supposed to say and think."


    - Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

  10. -50
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,721
    vCash:
    3749
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    They seemingly took a side when they awarded him the prize based on campaign promises.

    Taking it away, or not, would be based on his actual deeds.
    How did they take a side? You see it that way because you have an irrational dislike for the man. But they simply awarded the prize to someone they felt deserved it. Following your logic, by giving the prize to Martin Luther King Jr, they were taking a side in that conflict, when it had nothing to do with the politics and everything to do with his deeds. Or maybe they were publicly admonishing China by awarding the prize to Liu Xiaobo? That sounds silly, doesn't it? Just as silly as you trying to claim the Nobel Prize Committee was throwing their support behind the U.S. Democratic party by giving it to Barack Obama...
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Some more irony from the Nobel Peace prize.
    By Dolphins9954 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-12-2011, 10:23 PM
  2. President Obama accepts Nobel Peace Prize
    By Eshlemon in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 12:14 PM
  3. Obama Awarded 2009 Nobel Peace Prize
    By LouPhinFan in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 05:02 PM
  4. Gore and Limbaugh Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
    By Celtkin in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 11:24 AM
  5. Sheehan claims she's Nobel Peace Prize finalist
    By CharlestonPhan in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-12-2006, 09:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •