Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 95

Thread: The Growing Campaign to Revoke Obama's Nobel Peace Prize

  1. -51
    GoFins!'s Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    492
    vCash:
    1096
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    How did they take a side? You see it that way because you have an irrational dislike for the man. But they simply awarded the prize to someone they felt deserved it. Following your logic, by giving the prize to Martin Luther King Jr, they were taking a side in that conflict, when it had nothing to do with the politics and everything to do with his deeds.
    It is indisputable that, when it comes to Obama, one of us is definitely irrational. Your justification for this is silly.

    Comparing Obama's accomplishments upon being nominated for the award with Martin Luther King Jr's is beyond irrational.

    Please tell us about Obama's deeds that warranted a Nobel Peace Prize nomination 12 days into his first term.
    ďIím somewhat disappointed that more African Americans donít think for themselves and just go with whatever theyíre supposed to say and think."


    - Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

  2. -52
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,862
    vCash:
    5318
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    It is indisputable that, when it comes to Obama, one of us is definitely irrational. Your justification for this is silly.

    Comparing Obama's accomplishments upon being nominated for the award with Martin Luther King Jr's is beyond irrational.

    Please tell us about Obama's deeds that warranted a Nobel Peace Prize nomination 12 days into his first term.


    This is how partisan you are. You take a segment of a sentence in reference to MLK Jr, and then PRETEND I said it about Obama. Hey, if you can't argue, strawman the **** out of it, right?

    And I wasn't comparing the two. But you knew that. When you can't argue honestly, twist the argument, am I right...?
    Last edited by Locke; 04-11-2013 at 01:39 PM.

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  3. -53
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    1,525
    vCash:
    2683
    Loc:
    la la land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Look guys, this is just stupid. No. Obama has never ever deserved the peace prize. And yes he did get because of his lies and his skin tone. But to even slightly think they're gonna take it back, is just silly. It'll never happen. And let me clarify, when i say skin tone i mean the fact that he's Americas first not fully white President. Had Biden won the nomination while using the lies Obama spoke, i seriously doubt he would've gotten the peace prize. Now please just let this go. All the arguing and name calling is just silly. Especially when we know they'll never take it from him.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -54
    JamesBW43's Avatar
    You're standing on my neck

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    3,839
    vCash:
    6277
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by studsatele View Post
    Look guys, this is just stupid. No. Obama has never ever deserved the peace prize. And yes he did get because of his lies and his skin tone. But to even slightly think they're gonna take it back, is just silly. It'll never happen. And let me clarify, when i say skin tone i mean the fact that he's Americas first not fully white President. Had Biden won the nomination while using the lies Obama spoke, i seriously doubt he would've gotten the peace prize. Now please just let this go. All the arguing and name calling is just silly. Especially when we know they'll never take it from him.
    Do you think that a lot of the irrationally negative attitudes toward the President (birthers, anti-colonialists, Harvard conspiracies, etc) were because of his skin tone as well?
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -55
    LordPicklewagon's Avatar
    Archibald Meatpants

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    5,242
    vCash:
    10609
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBW43 View Post
    Do you think that a lot of the irrationally negative attitudes toward the President (birthers, anti-colonialists, Harvard conspiracies, etc) were because of his skin tone as well?
    I'm sure. I think many people voted against him because of his skin color. I think many people also voted for him solely because of his skin color. Which had more members? Well, that's another argument
    Quote Quote  

  6. -56
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    1,525
    vCash:
    2683
    Loc:
    la la land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBW43 View Post
    Do you think that a lot of the irrationally negative attitudes toward the President (birthers, anti-colonialists, Harvard conspiracies, etc) were because of his skin tone as well?
    Yes i do. I think that had Obama been fully white, those issues wouldn't have had been as loudly screamed about. For instance Joh. McCain, he was born in Panama, albeit on a military base, still in yet nobody particularly in the media did much yelling about it. I think that if Obama solved every problem we have, economic, militarily, socially and cured Aids, Cancer and the Flu and did it in 1 day, there would still be alotta folk who'd still rail against him, for no other reason than he has the look of a black manof
    Quote Quote  

  7. -57
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    21,183
    vCash:
    25293
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    I'm not sure it's as respected with winners like Obama, Gore and Carter.
    Carter was awarded it for what he's done since leaving office, not for what he did (or more accurately, didn't do) while President. The award was well deserved. Obama, on the other hand, hasn't done **** to deserve it.





    Quote Quote  

  8. -58
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    21,183
    vCash:
    25293
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    Martin Luther king. The only difference is he was deserving of the award. Do you really believe John McCain would of gotten the Nobel peace prize had he won the election in 2008? So why was it that Obama got an award he did nothing for? It's because he's a liberal and he's black. Thanks for playing.
    Certainly the reason David Trimble was awarded it.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -59
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    21,183
    vCash:
    25293
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    I couldn't care less about obamas peace prize. I think we need to accept that people are going to want to give liberals (especially black liberals) awards for things they don't deserve. In these people's worlds, Nobel prizes are a big deal (hence as I type this on my iPad they are capitalizing the word "Nobel"), in reality, it's just a stupid award.
    That's usually what they do with all last names. You may have noticed they do it with the first word of a sentence as well. Maybe they do it because it's the letter furthest to the left and the font is black?
    Quote Quote  

  10. -60
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,862
    vCash:
    5318
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    That's usually what they do with all last names. You may have noticed they do it with the first word of a sentence as well. Maybe they do it because it's the letter furthest to the left and the font is black?


    Well played...
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Some more irony from the Nobel Peace prize.
    By Dolphins9954 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-12-2011, 10:23 PM
  2. President Obama accepts Nobel Peace Prize
    By Eshlemon in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 12:14 PM
  3. Obama Awarded 2009 Nobel Peace Prize
    By LouPhinFan in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 05:02 PM
  4. Gore and Limbaugh Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
    By Celtkin in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 11:24 AM
  5. Sheehan claims she's Nobel Peace Prize finalist
    By CharlestonPhan in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-12-2006, 09:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •