Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Growing Campaign to Revoke Obama's Nobel Peace Prize

1. -61
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBW43 View Post
    Do you think that a lot of the irrationally negative attitudes toward the President (birthers, anti-colonialists, Harvard conspiracies, etc) were because of his skin tone as well?
    nope. republicans accused bill clinton of murder when he was president. democrats called bush hitler and some people said he caused 9/11. this happens, welcome to politics.
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The petition will make George Carlin laugh since he never liked the idea of being in a group. He criticized both sides and he said, "No matter what you do, no matter how hard you try... because it's all fixed and rigged. There is a club and you ain't in it.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Carter was awarded it for what he's done since leaving office, not for what he did (or more accurately, didn't do) while President. The award was well deserved. Obama, on the other hand, hasn't done **** to deserve it.
    True, him being President at one point prob had nothing to do with it.
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    You're missing the point entirely. You're asking for the Nobel Committee to take a side in American politics. Why would they care...?
    And you're missing the point that they already did interject themselves into American politics when they awarded the president of the USA a peace prize based on nothing but rhetoric. I find it odd that you would put up such a fit about something that's clearly obvious and the right thing to do. War criminals don't deserve peace prizes. Fix your mistakes.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    True, him being President at one point prob had nothing to do with it.
    It had an indirect effect. Had he not been president (as bad as he was at that), he never would have had the clout and connections needed to be an effective diplomat; but he most certainly didn't win the award for being President. The award has been a joke recently with Obama and the EU winning, but it hasn't always been and remains a great award in the sciences. Carter's was one of the well deserved ones.

Quote Quote  

6. -66
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    nope. republicans accused bill clinton of murder when he was president. democrats called bush hitler and some people said he caused 9/11. this happens, welcome to politics.
    So the Nobel committee gave the prize to the President; who was making stump speeches in foreign countries talking about removing U.S. military presences, re-establishing a commitment to human rights, and engaging is diplomatic activities because he's black but the birthers just happen to think the President was a manchurian candidate born in Kenya because he's a democrat?
    Last edited by JamesBW43; 04-12-2013 at 12:25 AM.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The award has been a joke recently with Obama and the EU winning...
    I thought it became a joke when terrorist leader Yassar Arafat won.
    Im somewhat disappointed that more African Americans dont think for themselves and just go with whatever theyre supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    I thought it became a joke when terrorist leader Yassar Arafat won.
    Ah yeah, forgot about that one. Kissinger somehow won one too.
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It had an indirect effect. Had he not been president (as bad as he was at that), he never would have had the clout and connections needed to be an effective diplomat; but he most certainly didn't win the award for being President. The award has been a joke recently with Obama and the EU winning, but it hasn't always been and remains a great award in the sciences. Carter's was one of the well deserved ones.
    I have very little respect for Carter, but that doesn't really have anything to do with this subject. I just like typing/saying that as often as I can.

Yes he's done some good things after he left the WH, but if he wasn't an ex-President, there are thousands of other ppl who build houses for the poor.

Same goes for Al Gore. There are plenty of global warming wackos out there. There's a reason he won it. I doubt it has anything to do with his power point presentation.
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    I have very little respect for Carter, but that doesn't really have anything to do with this subject. I just like typing/saying that as often as I can.

Yes he's done some good things after he left the WH, but if he wasn't an ex-President, there are thousands of other ppl who build houses for the poor.

Same goes for Al Gore. There are plenty of global warming wackos out there. There's a reason he won it. I doubt it has anything to do with his power point presentation.
    Well, I could have guessed that the minute I saw the (D) after his name. Having respect for him would require the ability for individual thought. And he's done far more than just Habitat for Humanity (which is only one of the many things he's done). You're letting your extreme partisanship cloud your judgement on this one.

As for Gore, he brought awareness to climate change. It's a great thing, no doubt, but I'd agree that it's probably not worth such an award. The scientists at the forefront, on the other hand...
    Quote Quote