Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 95

Thread: The Growing Campaign to Revoke Obama's Nobel Peace Prize

  1. -81
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,697
    vCash:
    19489
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    Thx, and no there is not more than enough evidence to 100% prove that the sun is not playing a larger role in why, currently our planet is going through a warm phase. There isn't enough evidence to even make a 50% case IMO. The last I heard the sun is going through a warming phase the last 10-15 years. To simply ignore that seems a bit irrational to me. FYI I'm all for going GREEN. No problem here. The issue I have is thinking we can get to GREEN the next day. We live in a world where oil is king, the entire worlds economy is based on oil. It's going to take some time to get where we all want to be. I'd just like to see both sides approach it from that POV.

    And my POV concerning Carter has nothing to do with right or left wing. It has everything to do with it being self evident. He can't take away his actions and words. It is what it is. I understand why some on the left refuse to admit what he is. They obviously feel that would weaken their POV when it comes to the Jewish Palestinian conflict.
    Just...amazing. Your complete lack of understanding of the very BASICS of science invalidates everything you say after it when it comes to your understanding of the evidence. It's like me arguing vehemently that 2 + 1 = 4 and then giving my view of Chaos Theory.

    I do agree that oil is king. It's the reason at least 4,486 young Americans are dead. Whatever anger you have for Carter's supposedly anti-Semitic views, certainly you feel far more anger towards the man responsible for that, right?





    Quote Quote  

  2. -82
    irish fin fan's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,158
    vCash:
    1221
    Thanks / No Thanks

    The Growing Campaign to Revoke Obama's Nobel Peace Prize

    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    So you can insult me by calling me closed minded without having the guts to type it? Anyway. Carter's claim to fame outside of being one of our nations worst and most biased President is he built homes after he left the office which was used to justify his Nobel prize. There's no reason to become indignant about the reality of the situation.

    I think Carter is an anti-Semite. His words IMO prove this without a doubt. That is why I have almost no respect for him. If a (R) acted as he does and has said the things he has about Jews I'd have just as much respect for the man called Carter. He has a great press agent however, most of the so called media. And yes we all know they aren't LIB leaning.

    As far as global warming, it is far from science at this point. You would have to ignore the historical fact that the earth cools and warms because of our sun. It's far from a stable sun, like most from what I understand. I can understand the line of thinking that burning fossil fuels could in fact hurt our environment. However I think the so called scientist have far too much invested for it to be anything but a fact at this point. IMO they are far too heavily financially invested in it for it to be unquestioned science. The e-mail scandal involving the so called global warming scientific community lends credibility to my POV. Please remember it's not like the scientific community has a monopoly on what is fact and the truth. That would imply they never get it wrong.

    I won't insult you by implying if you can't see it my way you some how lack the ability to think for yourself. It's obvious you are intelligent, but like 99.9% of us, we all have our biases.
    The email scandal was nothing but a red herring. The investigations into it proved it. As for scientists having too much financially invested in it, every scientist that rejects global warming seems to be paid off by the oil lobby on one way or another. That's where the financial vested groups lie.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -83
    ohall's Avatar
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2002
    Posts:
    26,926
    vCash:
    6889
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Just...amazing. Your complete lack of understanding of the very BASICS of science invalidates everything you say after it when it comes to your understanding of the evidence. It's like me arguing vehemently that 2 + 1 = 4 and then giving my view of Chaos Theory.

    I do agree that oil is king. It's the reason at least 4,486 young Americans are dead. Whatever anger you have for Carter's supposedly anti-Semitic views, certainly you feel far more anger towards the man responsible for that, right?
    OK...

    You are right the sun does not play a major role in the temperature of the earth. It is a lie that during the 70's science told us we would well be on our way to an ice age by now. 20-years ago the universe was slowing down according to science. Science is not fact, it is working hypothesis at its very best. I believe I have far better understand of what evidence is when it comes to so called science.

    And I have expressed no anger towards Carter. The only feelings I have for Carter is pity and embarrassment he was actually one of our Presidents.

    Those 4,486 Americans died defending our country and our way of life. No amount of re-spin will change that.

    ---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    The email scandal was nothing but a red herring. The investigations into it proved it. As for scientists having too much financially invested in it, every scientist that rejects global warming seems to be paid off by the oil lobby on one way or another. That's where the financial vested groups lie.
    Both sides are paid off. I for one refuse to ignore the obvious, the sun.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -84
    GoFins!'s Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    492
    vCash:
    1096
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gonzo, what is your background in science that makes you so much more knowledgeable than those who question what you seem to consider forgone conclusions? I'm getting the impression that anyone who disagrees with mainstream beliefs, such as Galileo, are group think nut jobs, while those who do not question scientific theories are independent thinkers.

    For example, from the "How to green the world's deserts and reverse climate change" thread I'd like you to comment on:
    The indisputable causes of desertification that only a mouth-breathing troglodyte would question:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpTHi7O66pI#t=252s
    ďIím somewhat disappointed that more African Americans donít think for themselves and just go with whatever theyíre supposed to say and think."


    - Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

  5. -85
    Harry_Bagpipe's Avatar
    Archibald Meatpants

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,889
    vCash:
    6423
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    The last ice age ended approximately 15,000 years ago. The next one will start within the next 50,000 years
    Quote Quote  

  6. -86
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,697
    vCash:
    19489
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    OK...

    You are right the sun does not play a major role in the temperature of the earth. It is a lie that during the 70's science told us we would well be on our way to an ice age by now. 20-years ago the universe was slowing down according to science. Science is not fact, it is working hypothesis at its very best. I believe I have far better understand of what evidence is when it comes to so called science.

    And I have expressed no anger towards Carter. The only feelings I have for Carter is pity and embarrassment he was actually one of our Presidents.

    Those 4,486 Americans died defending our country and our way of life. No amount of re-spin will change that.

    ---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------



    Both sides are paid off. I for one refuse to ignore the obvious, the sun.
    Did I say the sun doesn't play any role? Please quote it here. I mean, I wouldn't want to call you a liar without 100% evidence.

    Also, I absolutely love the "20 years ago, science..." and "40 years ago, science..." nonsense. You mean we didn't know as much then as we know now? Holy schnikies! Again, where did I ever say science was fact? Actually, I said quite the opposite: That there are no real "facts" in science. That's simply not how science works. This is a VERY basic concept taught in high school science courses, so I don't know how to dumb it down any further than I already have. Do you believe atoms exist? I certainly hope not, since their existence is only theory. No doubt you have the same doubt about gravitational theory as well.

    And those servicemen, including a few friends, joined the military to to defend our freedom and our way of life, but they died for oil. No amount of washing and spinning will get the blood off of the hands of those responsible (Bush, etc.).
    Quote Quote  

  7. -87
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,697
    vCash:
    19489
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    Gonzo, what is your background in science that makes you so much more knowledgeable than those who question what you seem to consider forgone conclusions? I'm getting the impression that anyone who disagrees with mainstream beliefs, such as Galileo, are group think nut jobs, while those who do not question scientific theories are independent thinkers.

    For example, from the "How to green the world's deserts and reverse climate change" thread I'd like you to comment on:
    The indisputable causes of desertification that only a mouth-breathing troglodyte would question:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpTHi7O66pI#t=252s
    Regarding the basic principles of science? That only requires a high school level of understanding. Actually, thinking back, I believe I first learned about the scientific method in 6th grade. I know dat der science lernin' is shunned in some parts of the country, but luckily it wasn't in mine.

    As for not agreeing with "mainstream" beliefs, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Questioning current understanding is how science works. However, if it's a scientist funded by big oil against thousands of other scientists, well, you go ahead and believe who you want; or more accurately, who your party tells you to believe.

    I'll watch the video and comment when I get the chance. I think I read about it recently. That being said, drop the "mouth-breathing troglodyte" stuff.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -88
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The only opinion i'll offer on climate change is this. I have a hard time believing something as "concrete" as global warming and cause and effects of warming from the same people who can not accurately predict the weather day to day. I am of the opinion that things come and go in cycles. How many years now have we been on the supposed edge of the most vicious and violent hurricane seasons only to see minimal damages from these super mega storms? I almost want to say those people espousing that do so year after year because eventually they'll be right, and then they can say "See, told ya so".
    I dont claim to have the answers, but i sure do like to ask questions. Like why Mars warmed more than we did, and Mars has no life or production on it...just sayings all.....


    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

  9. -89
    irish fin fan's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,158
    vCash:
    1221
    Thanks / No Thanks

    The Growing Campaign to Revoke Obama's Nobel Peace Prize

    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    Gonzo, what is your background in science that makes you so much more knowledgeable than those who question what you seem to consider forgone conclusions? I'm getting the impression that anyone who disagrees with mainstream beliefs, such as Galileo, are group think nut jobs, while those who do not question scientific theories are independent thinkers.

    For example, from the "How to green the world's deserts and reverse climate change" thread I'd like you to comment on:
    The indisputable causes of desertification that only a mouth-breathing troglodyte would question:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpTHi7O66pI#t=252s
    What were the main stream beliefs 40 years ago regarding global warming? It wasn't even on the radar for science or it was regarded as a crackpot idea. If anything this is the equivalent of Galileo, where this was brought to light and now the evidence makes it indisputable. Recent research regarding solar cycles etc have ruled it out.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -90
    irish fin fan's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,158
    vCash:
    1221
    Thanks / No Thanks

    The Growing Campaign to Revoke Obama's Nobel Peace Prize

    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    The only opinion i'll offer on climate change is this. I have a hard time believing something as "concrete" as global warming and cause and effects of warming from the same people who can not accurately predict the weather day to day. I am of the opinion that things come and go in cycles. How many years now have we been on the supposed edge of the most vicious and violent hurricane seasons only to see minimal damages from these super mega storms? I almost want to say those people espousing that do so year after year because eventually they'll be right, and then they can say "See, told ya so".
    I dont claim to have the answers, but i sure do like to ask questions. Like why Mars warmed more than we did, and Mars has no life or production on it...just sayings all.....
    What's your point regarding mars? It warmed and has no life, so what?
    Last edited by irish fin fan; 04-13-2013 at 01:26 PM.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Some more irony from the Nobel Peace prize.
    By Dolphins9954 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-12-2011, 10:23 PM
  2. President Obama accepts Nobel Peace Prize
    By Eshlemon in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 12:14 PM
  3. Obama Awarded 2009 Nobel Peace Prize
    By LouPhinFan in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 05:02 PM
  4. Gore and Limbaugh Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
    By Celtkin in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 11:24 AM
  5. Sheehan claims she's Nobel Peace Prize finalist
    By CharlestonPhan in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-12-2006, 09:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •