Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do we spend a first on a slot WR?

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Plus 1 do we spend a first on a slot WR?

I really love Austin and i know he would help this team in more ways than one.the fact is he would not take over Wallaces or Hartlines spot that leaves him with the slot.i also dont see him at his size and weight being able to play the way he did in school.these are profesionals that will be looking to welcome him to the NFL.i know he wont make it out of the first round but do we spend the 12th pick on a Slot WR?he would improve this WR core but is he even the best WR comming out this year?i have watched film and i love this guys speed play making ability but can he do this at the next level?can his small frame shorten his playing days.it took me a long time to convince myself that Austin would not be the best choice at #12.can he be the player most of you think he can ?
    i have turned my attention to the TE Eifert and will hope to see his name called at #12
    ok now im ready for the thumbs down because i know there are a few of my fellow fin fans that love Austin and want us to draft him
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    that was fast got moved allready lol
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

do we spend a first on a slot WR?

I'd rather draft Robert woods later in the draft. There are too many stud starters on the offensive and defensive lines or ever defensive backs available at number 12
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope not.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    hell yea!!!!! he an x factor a home run hiter
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    With the way the NFL is changing, a player like Tavon Austin would make a lot of sense for Miami. He may not even be available at #12 as teams like the Jets and Buffalo also need playmakers. I love what the Dolphins have done this offseason in improving at wide receiver. The team has gone from worst receiver unit in the league to somewhere in the middle. Add Austin to the mix and now Miami has one of the better receiving units in the NFL.

That said, there are a number of talented receivers that I like who would also help this team. I'm a big fan of Quinton Patton. Maybe the team gets a corner in the 1st like Trufant and Patton in the 2nd.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: do we spend a first on a slot WR?

How does Austin compare to Steve Smith of the panthers? In terms of size, they are comparable. Not sure what Smith's 40 time is, but it can't be much faster, if at all.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can ask the same question in two different ways and get two completely different answers.

1) Should we spend our first round pick on a slot receiver? God no.

2) Should we spend our first round pick on someone who can score anytime he touches the football? Hell yes!

Threads like this are the reason why i started calling defensive ends "pass rushers". Positions can be misleading. The role they play on the field is vastly more important. Our stated goal with Mike Wallace is for him to take the roof off a defense. After thats accomplished, we could grind it out with Bess and "Trip" Hartline, or we could give it to someone like Austin who has blazing speed and the ability to dodge tackles. I know which sounds more appealing to me.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, ID
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Would you spend a 1st on Randall Cobb or Percy Harvin?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Austin is so appealing, because he's going to have the most immediate impact of any player we draft. He's going to be the starter from the slot from Day 1, and the team will find ways to get the ball in his hands. He's also an ideal compliment to Wallace and Hartline, and as other posters have noted, Tannehill had a lot of success with his last slot WR. I like Eifert a lot, but in terms of immediate impact, you can't expect too much from rookie TE's. Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying that immediate impact is the way to go about drafting. In this case, however, it factors in to the equation, because we're talking about setting up our 2nd year QB for success in the near future.
    Quote Quote