Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who would be a good late round draft pick for runningback?

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    I think we take a runningback before our third round picks are gone. We have nothing proven at runningback and Thomas looks like a bust. Miller has potential but way too little seen to know
    Yeah I think miami needs to have running back be a strength and not just decent especially since they have a young qb, who they wouldn't want to put all the pressure on in the passing game and for the running game to be strong as well. Third rd seems to early though since miami seems to have a bunch of needs and a lot of positions, the top talent really diminishes after the 1st and second rd, where fins should pick them. Runningback, it seems like, unless there's an adrian peterson in the draft or next barry sanders, there seems to be less of a drop off with running backs from top of the rounds to later rounds and seems like just as much of a chance of getting good runningbacks later as early. Even top talent runningbacks can fall into third rd, because this being a passing league, so miami could get a 2nd round talent runninback fall to 4th or 5th rd, not because of ability but because of so many teams needing other positions and those falling to them. Maybe 3rd rd, but Idk of any sooner, unless miami is able to get top needs before and the guy is someone that can't miss for runningback.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd be surprised if Stacy made it to the 5th, I've read 3rd-4th round for him in some places. For that 5th range I think Lonnie Pryor would be a great add, a FB (5'11 230) who runs well: big guy who bangs blocking or running, very good blocker particularly in space, nice leverage and positioning when blocking with his strong lower-body, good feet for his size being a former RB, nice straight-line speed. This video does a nice job showing both blocking and carrying. #24.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doNyjdbdLOM
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Benny Cunningham of MTSU in the last round or UDFA.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The ones I like are;

Rounds 2-3
    Giovani Bernard - UNC

Rounds 4-5
    Knile Davis - Arkansas
    Le'veon Bell - MSU
    Mike Gilislee - FLA
    Theo Riddick - ND
    Marcus Lattimore - So. Carolina

Lonnie Pryor - FSU - listed as a FB but I think this kid could be perfect for the 1 back set Philbin wants to utilise.

Rounds 6-7
    Ray Graham - Pitt
    Rex Burkhead - Neb
    Pat
    Offensive Coordinator
    www.londonblitz.com
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    someone mentioned john franklin. I didn't look at mock drafts, but he was one that came to my mind after looking on nfl.com and seeing the running back evaluations. This is what I saw and liked reading from john franklin "Admittedly, I wasn't a huge fan of Franklin's prior to this season, but my evaluation quickly changed. Like Ellington, Franklin boasts outstanding straight-line speed and great vision to find back-side lanes. And once he gets to the second level, Franklin makes tacklers miss with shifty hips. Projection: Second round"-

I like when I see great vision and shifty hips, speed can be overrated sometimes, what gets runningbakcs good yards is their ability to see the cut backs and small gaps very quickly and their ability to break tackles and make guys miss. Great vision helps find the gaps and shifty hips means he can make a defense miss in open field.

christine michael seems good to even though he's had injures, but if picked in later rds he's worht risk to me. He does have girl name though for his first name ha..thought I won't hold that against him
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Miguel Maysonet from Stony Brook
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Waterboy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rex Burkhead late. Guy's a baller...
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pending how we fare with our first four picks and whether we have solidly addressed our needs, I would use our 2nd third round pick and grab Lattimore in a heartbeat. I have followed this kid from his days at Byrnes HS and he is a special athlete and a special person. He will be healthy again and sooner than anyone ever expected.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joba-nator View Post
    I like Miguel Maysonet from Stony Brook
    Ditto
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Leveon Bell in the mid rds.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote