Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Eifert missing from the NFL Draft room?

1. -1
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!

Tyler Eifert missing from the NFL Draft room?

Leading the way with a draft-high four players is Florida State (E.J. Manuel, Bjoern Werner, Menelik Watson, Xavier Rhodes) and BCS National Champion Alabama (Eddie Lacy, Chance Warmack, D.J. Fluker, Dee Milliner)
    The players officially confirmed to attend this month’s draft include: Ezekiel “Ziggy Ansah, DE, BYU; Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia; Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina; Eric Fisher, T, Central Michigan; Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida; D.J. Fluker, T, Alabama; Luke Joeckel, T, Texas A&M; Lane Johnson, T, Oklahoma; Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon; Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama; E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida St.; Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama; Barkevoius Mingo, CB, LSU; Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee; Eric Reid, S, LSU; Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida St.; Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri; Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia; Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington; Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas; Chance Warmack, G, Alabama; Menelik Watson, T, Florida St.; Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida St.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not surprising. If Te'o or Eifert were present all we would hear about is the Te'o girlfriend scandal. It would continue to marr a good player's career. It would also unfairly taint people's impression of a stellar Eifert who has done everything on and off the field that could possibly have been expected of him.

If there are 2 Philbin type guys in this draft, they are Tyler Eifert and Ryan Swope ... and I believe both Tannehill and I would be extremely happy if Miami landed them.
    "I want guys who want to make an impact on and off the field. Good human beings. Guys who want to get better. Guys who want to improve. They want to be great, want to win. Those types of guys we can work with every day." --Joe Philbin
    - Defending the Read Option - What do you think?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    anyone know how many players that attend don't go in the first round? I recall Courtney Upshaw last year
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    Not surprising. If Te'o or Eifert were present all we would hear about is the Te'o girlfriend scandal. It would continue to marr a good player's career. It would also unfairly taint people's impression of a stellar Eifert who has done everything on and off the field that could possibly have been expected of him.

If there are 2 Philbin type guys in this draft, they are Tyler Eifert and Ryan Swope ... and I believe both Tannehill and I would be extremely happy if Miami landed them.
    I'd be fine with just Swope.. But if we don't end up with Swope we better take Tavon #12
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Not enough room for him with all dem cornfed.

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am going to get bashed for saying this but us Dolphins fans are the only fans who think Eifert is a sure fire high 1st rd pick. He's not going to the draft because there is a good chance he won't get picked in the 1st round. In fact, out of the 42 mock drafts I looked at none had him going higher than 20 and only 4 had him going higher than 23. He'd be a HUGE reach at 12. HUGE.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I remember Joe Thomas was on a boat fishing with his father on draft day and went #3 overall. Hell, Tim Tebow was drafted in the 1st round and didn't attend the draft.

There's a long list of draft day surprises that happen every year. All it ever takes is for one team to like you.

The longer Eifert lasts, the later a team is going to select one of the players in it. Anything beyond the 12-16 range for Eifert is stealing in my opinion.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    just cause he's not going doesn't mean he's gonna be a guy that sits forever waiting to hear his name called...no way he gets out of round 1...he's a top 20 bpa but it will come down to who needs a te so he could last a little longer than he should...but not into day 2...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    I think what i'm gettin at is that the Dolphins want to really reveal our Jersey at the podium, and that pretty much means (unless they sneak him a jersey for the camera) that our guy at 12 is going to be on that list.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Tyler Eifert missing from the NFL Draft room?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    I think what i'm gettin at is that the Dolphins want to really reveal our Jersey at the podium, and that pretty much means (unless they sneak him a jersey for the camera) that our guy at 12 is going to be on that list.
    They have a launch on the same day. The jersey will be shown when we make the pick, Steve Ross wont hurt the teams future to show off a new jersey
    Quote Quote