Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kenny Vaccaro vs. Dee Milliner

1. -1
    In Dawn We Trust!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks

Draft Kenny Vaccaro vs. Dee Milliner

If I had my choice between the two, I might pick Vaccaro. If we're going to be competing with the Patriots for the division we have to stop their offense. You do that by putting Tom Brady on his behind (which is why I wouldn't mind trading up for one of the defensive ends), or covering their tight ends. Brady's biggest weapons are Gronkowski and Hernandez, not Danny Amendola and Emanuel Sanders (if he signs). If we're going defensive back in the first round, I 'd rather stay at 12 and draft Vaccaro instead of using draft picks to trade up for Milliner.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree with your point, but if we get Vaccaro we need to keep or replace Chris Clemons, because Vaccaro will play best in a three safety system.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Did you watch the championship game? Milliner was glue on Eifert, the best tight end prospect this year (although he had six catches - ND was down early and was playing catch up.)

I'd be happy with either one, but I'm pretty sure if we want Milliner we're going to have to give up a 2nd-3rd rounder.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I remain convinced that IF the Dolphins do indeed trade up, it will be for Milliner. All the OT talk is to keep teams that might grab Milliner (e.g. Detroit) from trading up a few spots.

I see your point about not giving up picks...it's a question of BPA vs. need. If you're not trading up, do you take the best safety in the draft vs. a good (but not the best) corner? I know that in the long haul a better team is built when you fill it with elite players, but I also want to see the Phins fill their holes and compete this year.

I wouldn't be unhappy with Vaccaro at 12.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Vaccaro
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Take Milliner, we have a glaring whole at the other corner. We got torched for big yards last year and it was mainly because of our corner play. There were a few times where safeties didn't get help over the top but we gave up a lot underneath. Two good corners are valuable on every team. I wouldn't mind Rhodes, he reminds me of a upgraded Sean Smith.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation Logo
Gift received at 03-18-2014, 10:36 PM from DisturbedShifty
Message: I saw the PS controller so I figured you'd like the PS logo as well.1972 Dolphins LogoPS4 ControllerMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91

Re: Kenny Vaccaro vs. Dee Milliner

Milliner please
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Been wanting Vaccaro all off-season. He is the next great safety in this league where many of the top safeties are getting long in the tooth. Clemons is solid but he has reached his peak and its not very high. I would be happy with Milliner but I don't want to lose picks so the choice is easy in my eyes.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd take Milliner, but we'd have to trade up for him and maybe even #3 with Oakland. That would probably mean packaging both of our 2nd round picks. Vaccaro will be there at 12 and Miami could probably trade down a little and still get him. I do love the idea of adding another really good safety. My favorite in this draft is Eric Reid, who I was hoping would be there in the second but I think he could go in the 20's.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Milner hands down. He's the top DB in the draft. How can we pick a safety with the scrub corners we have now? If we knew for sure Grimes was 100% , it might be different.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote