Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A trade down with Cincy that works for both sides!

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    J. Cooper @ 21 if Eifert isn't there.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    D.J Fluker @ 21 would be nice...

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1a. Eifert
    2a. Justin Hunter
    2b. Taylor, Bidi Wreh, or best CB on the board
    2c. Alex Okafor
    3a.Giovanni Bernard
    3b. Kyle Long
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portland
    Thanks / No Thanks

A trade down with Cincy that works for both sides!

Quote Originally Posted by ticophin View Post
    1a. Eifert
    2a. Justin Hunter
    2b. Taylor, Bidi Wreh, or best CB on the board
    2c. Alex Okafor
    3a.Giovanni Bernard
    3b. Kyle Long
    If this happened I would need new underwear for 2 reasons.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Superbowl MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    College Station, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by normaniii View Post
    I would take Damontre Moore. The guy was a top 5 pick before combine and is only 20.

There are some mock drafts that have Moore dropping to the third round. I realize his combine was awful but even if he coulndt bench a noodle his combine shouldnt have that sort of impact. I've seen Moore play in almost every game and he's always around the ball, always making plays. People put way too much stock in the combine and Moore is going to be a great value pick for someone.
    Him and Jarvis Jones, I'd love if the Dolphins are able to grab them in the second thats why I would love this Cincy trade. To me, you cant have too many guys that pressure the QB and these guys are elite at doing that.
    God Bless Palestine
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    wales and will die a prou
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COMEBACKRICKY View Post
    There are some mock drafts that have Moore dropping to the third round. I realize his combine was awful but even if he coulndt bench a noodle his combine shouldnt have that sort of impact. I've seen Moore play in almost every game and he's always around the ball, always making plays. People put way too much stock in the combine and Moore is going to be a great value pick for someone.
    Him and Jarvis Jones, I'd love if the Dolphins are able to grab them in the second thats why I would love this Cincy trade. To me, you cant have too many guys that pressure the QB and these guys are elite at doing that.
    If they both fall to 20's and we could manufacture a trade down and up to snag both, I would be delighted.
    Draft
    1-WR-Marqise Lee
    2-DT-Louis Nix
    3-OG-Gabe Jackson
    4-QB-AJ McCarron
    5-DT-Daniel McCullers
    5-CB-Antone Exum
    6-OT-Antonio Richardson
    7-OT-Seantrel Henderson
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If this happened....... I would go crazy..

You can take about 2-3 of these guys with those picks Eifert, Rhodes, Trufant, Carradine, Okafor, Ertz, Mingo, Fluker, Richardson, Patterson, Reid, Jones, Cooper, Warmack, Werner..
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Brandon Thomas - OT/OG - Clemson
    6. Storm Johnson - RB - South Florida
    7. Calvin Barnett - DT - Oklahoma State

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1. Jonathan Cooper
    2a. Alex Okafor
    2b. Zach Ertz
    2c. Robert Alford
    3a. Giovani Bernard
    3b. Bacarri Rambo
    4. Barrett Jones
    5a. Kevin Reddick
    5b. Stansly Maponga
    7a. Jeff Nady
    7b. Everett Dawkins
    7c. Kenny Tate
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COMEBACKRICKY View Post

Dude can't even handle the #3 OT who just learned to play tackle two years ago. Maybe Jarvis Jones but it'll be interesting to see if he is a 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good article on Cincy and Vaccaro interest.

2013 NFL Draft: Will the Cincinnati Bengals Trade Up in Round 1?

Kenny Vaccaro is the top safety prospect by far in this year's draft class.
    Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sports
    The 2013 NFL draft is only 22 days away, and teams like the Cincinnati Bengals are beginning to develop their strategies. Big boards are becoming more clear, and certain players will be targeted at particular spots in the draft. All things considered, what would possess the Bengals to trade up from pick No. 21 overall?

There are several factors that would come into play for the Bengals to make such a move. The right teams need to be involved, the right players available and the right offer presented. This could all potentially come into play for Cincinnati on April 25.
    It seems as though the Bengals could be keying in on a particular first-round prospect. That player would be Kenny Vaccaro of Texas—the top-rated safety in this year's class.

The Bengals' interest in Vaccaro became blatantly obvious on March 26—the Longhorns' pro day. Cincinnati will usually send its position coaches to a pro day that provides a prospect worth a look. For instance, on Matt Elam's pro day—the second-rated safety out of Florida—the Bengals sent secondary coach Mark Carrier to work him out (via SB Nation).

The big difference in Vaccaro's pro day is the fact that Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer conducted the drills himself (via CBS Sports). This is a very rare occurrence and will only happen if there is serious, legitimate interest in a prospect.
    News of the Bengals' interest in Vaccaro struck again when the safety tweeted Wednesday morning that he was on a flight to Cincinnati.

This was confirmed by Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer Wednesday afternoon.

It seems clear that the Bengals are pulling out all the stops in effort to court this great coverage safety make him their selection on draft day.
    Now that the player has been identified, what do the Bengals need to do to acquire him?

Due to a weaker draft class this year, teams will be looking to trade down out of the first half of round 1 to acquire a prospect that will require a smaller price tag. This is because there is not much of a gap in talent at many positions between the early and late first round.

Looking at the order of the 2013 NFL draft, there are certain teams that could potentially snag Vaccaro before the Bengals get on the board at 21. The most obvious of these teams is the Pittsburgh Steelers at 17 and the Dallas Cowboys at 18 overall.

**PS. Cincy has 10 picks in the draft and will be looking to trade up as needed to get the players they want.
    Quote Quote