Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A trade down with Cincy that works for both sides!

1. -21
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dallas also likes Vaccaro. I'd rather drop to 18 and pick up Dallas' 2nd in the process (plus whatever else needs to happen to make the trade work). I'd grab Cooper there and then trade back into the first with our added ammunition to get Eifert.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I LOVE the scenario, and on top of the picking up an extra selection we would have back to back 2nd rounders. I would be ecstatic if this happened.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Greetings from Portlandia

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portland, OR
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BC26 View Post
    Dallas also likes Vaccaro. I'd rather drop to 18 and pick up Dallas' 2nd in the process (plus whatever else needs to happen to make the trade work). I'd grab Cooper there and then trade back into the first with our added ammunition to get Eifert.
    Having GM'd for Dallas in two 7 round mocks, I'm confident that the Cowboys will (uncharacteristically) not be trading up early this year. They are in salary-cap hell, with an aging team, and they are also changing their defensive front, all that and they only have 6 mediocre picks in the draft. They will be looking to trade down IMO.

I love the Cincy deal; we can find a nice player at 21. I would add CB DJ Hayden to the list, his stock is way up after medical clearance as he may be the best CB in this draft...

RW
    Make your own rules!

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BC26 View Post
    Or you could just take Ertz with a 2nd and keep the picks gained intact. Trading up in this draft is pointless and a waste of everything Ireland has done so far.
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Andre Williams - RB- Boston College
    6. Calvin Barnett - DT- Oklahoma State
    7. Seantrel Henderson - OT- Miami

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lot's of good options will still be on the board at 21 and an added early 2nd rounder would bring great value.

PS. Seem's the Fin's are not sold on Johnson and would not trade up to get the #3 LT in the draft (see Miami Hearald article today).

" Finally, if the Dolphins do try to trade up, I can almost guarantee it won't be for Johnson. Yes, he is a legitimate first-round selection. Yes, he plays a position of need. But the Fins like Joekel and Fisher much, much, much more than Johnson and have some concerns about Johnson as a left tackle. And that's the guy they're going to give up extra picks to get? I don't think so ".
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Brave Rifles

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would that in a heartbeat.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finsfan1972 View Post

If Cincy would trade their #21 pick in the fist along with the #37 and #53 picks in the second (1700 value) for the Fin's #12 in the first and the #42 in the second (1680 value) would you make that trade?

Yeah I think I would make this trade....#37 and #53 would give us a better shot at top guys earlier in the 2nd round...I think we could probably get a great starter at #21 and I agree that the top three OTs will be gone. Eifert, C. Patterson and some top pass rushers could still be there at #21. It depends on who is taken in the top ten on whether I would make the call to Cincy and ask if they would want to do this.
    Quote Quote