Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'll be honest, Lane Johnson running a 4.7 40 means.......

1. -11
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Lake MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have a better idea! We could draft Cooper in the first round at 12 and go after Terron Armstead OT in the late 3rd of 4-th round. He had a faster forty time than Johnson and is stronger than Johnson. He's my sleeper starting Left tackle pick!

Any thoughts?!?
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    tell that to the guy he ran down on the sideline thinking he was gonna just walk into the endzone on the senior bowl int return...where johnson covered ground like a gazelle for 306 lbs...and made a hellacious looking athletic play
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Even that doesn't matter to me as much as what the space he creates in the pocket by being able to proactively attack pass rushers. In zone protections, when he doesn't have anyone to block, he can come over and help another OL out much more effectively, creating enough space to keep the quarterback from getting spooked, and he's got the athleticism that if he reacts late he can still be effective. In the run game, he can get out to cut-off blocks that other guys can't, and on screens he could pull way out and clear a lot of room.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The athleticism and mobility wouldn't mean jack sh-t if he didn't have the physicality, strength and will to use it. But he's got those things. He's a nasty, opportunistic player with good strength. It's when you combine those things with the mobility that you get such a deadly player at the position, IMO. A guy who has the willingness to be an athlete and go embarrass people athletically, and also the straight up ability to do that.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

RE: I'll be honest, Lane Johnson running a 4.7 40 means.......

Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    40 times for receivers mean very little to me.

How often does anyone in the NFL run a full straight sprint 40 yards?
    how about Austin having the best 40 and shuttle ;-)
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: I'll be honest, Lane Johnson running a 4.7 40 means.......

Quote Originally Posted by Daman379 View Post
    I have a better idea! We could draft Cooper in the first round at 12 and go after Terron Armstead OT in the late 3rd of 4-th round. He had a faster forty time than Johnson and is stronger than Johnson. He's my sleeper starting Left tackle pick!

Any thoughts?!?
    Armstead will go in the second or early third.
    Im selling a club level ticket to the Dolphins v Raiders in London - will sell it for below face value. PM me if your interested.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COMEBACKRICKY View Post
    It signifies his superior athleticism but youre right a tackle would hardly ever need to run 40 yards. It just shows how explosive he is. That along with other drills gives you an idea of how well a player can move in a short distance.
    One thing I would look into is his endurance. I imagine he's mostly made up of explosive fast-twitch muscle fibers so the question would be does he have enough endurance to last on those long 12-15 play drives and remain explosive?

Either way, I hope the Dolphins stay away from offensive line with our first pick. I realize the importance of offensive lineman but I dont trust this staff to make the right evaluations on linemen on a consistent basis.
    If Lane is available when da Phinz pick at 12.......it's a done deal da Phinz will pick him period and he will be a day 1 starter
    Quote Quote