Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dick Cheney on North Korea: ‘We’re in deep doo doo’

1. -31
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So basically we are fine...
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    Mainly because both sides are hypocrites, they both have conflicts of interest that the other side can use against each other. We'd basically spend the next five years watching both sides point fingers at each other.

Where we are as a country right now I just feel we should expect more from our politicians, from both sides. We are in serious trouble with our economy and I'd like to get a resolution to that. I'd hate to see them waste their time basically just throwing mud at each other. Well more mud than usual.

I'm basically comfortable with the regulations that are currently in place to keep large corporations in check. However like most times I have very little confidence in the politicians to actually enforce those regulations.

I am with you, I think these jokers are all selling us down the river... The problem is, it is precisely the corporate entanglements I am talking about that are helping to keep us on this trajectory. To them, be damned if its not sustainable longterm, its all about the profit line in the here and now. Why do we have an obscene defense budget? Partly because companies like Haliburton get their grubby tentacles into the Pentagon and insert their products into their lineup and drive the war agenda.

To get anything that remotely resembles a fiscally responsible government, we need to make cuts to defense and entitlement programs, and come to a solution with the tax situation where someone (or all of us) will need to pay a higher share. Unfortunately, this will never occur in the present situation because there are too many people with skin in the game involved in policy decisions to ever allow their cash cows to be put to pasture.
    Last edited by SkapePhin; 04-10-2013 at 09:51 PM.
    FIRE FAILBIN

Joe Philbin, PowerPoint Guru (Not Head Coach Material)
    Philbin ... put it all together in a PowerPoint presentation. Everything about that presentation had to be perfect.

“If any PowerPoint slide had a spelling or grammar mistake, any typo, any scheme error, that was my responsibility, just like a teacher,” Philbin said.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks

Dick Cheney on North Korea: ‘We’re in deep doo doo’

Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    I am with you, I think these jokers are all selling us down the river... The problem is, it is precisely the corporate entanglements I am talking about that are helping to keep us on this trajectory. To them, be damned if its not sustainable longterm, its all about the profit line in the here and now. Why do we have an obscene defense budget? Partly because companies like Haliburton get their grubby tentacles into the Pentagon and insert their products into their lineup and drive the war agenda.

To get anything that remotely resembles a fiscally responsible government, we need to make cuts to defense and entitlement programs, and come to a solution with the tax situation where someone (or all of us) will need to pay a higher share. Unfortunately, this will never occur in the present situation because their are too many people with skin in the game involved in policy decisions to ever allow their cash cows to be put to pasture.
    I can't go along totally with you on the military spending issue. I don't think the budget for our military is ever too large. I see it as a reality because the world we live in. But I get why you feel the way you do about it. Many ppl take advantage of that situation to accumulate personal wealth.

But I'm with you when it comes to your over all point. To get to real a balanced budget both sides are going to have to give a little. I just feel because the world we live in it's in our best interest to try and keep the military cuts to one of the last places we look to cut our budget.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pretty funny joke about North Korean missiles about half way through the clip:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...s-4613/n35039/
    #freespesh

Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    But guys they have tigers...WITH CROSSBOWS!!!!

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t5#...anda.team-coco
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Dick Cheney on North Korea: ‘We’re in deep doo doo’

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    So was Dr. No.
    So is a chinchilla!
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Dick Cheney on North Korea: ‘We’re in deep doo doo’

Cheney was better than Quayle who was better than Biden. How sad is that? Suck Fest 2013!
    Quote Quote