Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Norman Braman rips Steve Ross and Mike Dee

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnr226 View Post
    He matters bc he is willing to pour money into the opposition of the stadium renovation agenda. Him and Billy Corben matter bc they have power and can get people to polls. Hopefully South Florida isn't stupid enough to listen to them
    This guy isn't a big figure head...stop acting like he is George Clooney or some other over-hyped talking puppet. He isn't, and can't change the tides.
    A wise man once told me: "Sometimes when you close your eyes, you can't see."

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I didn't know education sucked in South Florida. I can tell this to my wife whenever she says "When are we moving to Miami?" everytime the show Burn Notice is on. (I love that show).
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtiv View Post
    I didn't know education sucked in South Florida. I can tell this to my wife whenever she says "When are we moving to Miami?" everytime the show Burn Notice is on. (I love that show).
    People with the resources send their kids to private schools such as Gulliver and Pinecrest. No question.

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    No More Excuses

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17
    There are all kinds of reasons why education sucks in South Florida .... Stephen Ross and any potential deal has absolutely nothing to do with it. MONEY has nothing to do with it.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks

Norman Braman rips Steve Ross and Mike Dee

Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    The problem that I have with the deal is that Miami-Dade County has repeatedly cut education funding while probing the pockets of tax payers for stadium deals. Miami-Dade County is constantly on the verge of going bankrupt, yet they're prepared to hand over millions to the Marlins and Dolphins to get new stadium deals and they'll get people to believe that it's being funded with "tourist dollars" and talk it up like it's a good deal when compared to other stadium deals. What a joke. Stephen Ross doesn't even live in Miami. Guys like Joe Robbie are forever gone because smart businessmen like Stephen Ross know just how dumb county officials are. And I really do not blame Stephen Ross one bit for going the route that he's going when he knows it'll happen.

Education in South Florida ****ing SUCKS.
    The money that is being allocated for the stadium has nothing to do with streets schools or any other civic projects.

Education in this country basically sucks almost everywhere. Throwing more money at the education system hasn't worked for decades why would throwing more money at it start to work now?
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The education does suck in South Florida. I witnessed it firsthand. The schools are falling apart.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NCFINFAN13 View Post
    There are all kinds of reasons why education sucks in South Florida .... Stephen Ross and any potential deal has absolutely nothing to do with it. MONEY has nothing to do with it.
    So if you have $100,000 to dump into your school district, and I have $1M to dump into my school district, you're going to be capable of hiring the same number of qualified educators that I'm capable of hiring?

Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    The money that is being allocated for the stadium has nothing to do with streets schools or any other civic projects.
    No one said that it did.

All I'm saying is, it's strange to me that the county has repeatedly cut education funds, yet somehow it's ok to fund stadium deals.

If your kid's school had their funding cut...but the principal suddenly bought a more expensive vehicle and was seen smiling all over town, how would you view that situation?
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    So if you have $100,000 to dump into your school district, and I have $1M to dump into my school district, you're going to be capable of hiring the same number of qualified educators that I'm capable of hiring?

No one said that it did.

All I'm saying is, it's strange to me that the county has repeatedly cut education funds, yet somehow it's ok to fund stadium deals.

If your kid's school had their funding cut...but the principal suddenly bought a more expensive vehicle and was seen smiling all over town, how would you view that situation?
    You are doing it again. Getting this bill passed doesn't help or hurt the cause of education funding in Dade county. When you make statements like that it can be easily misunderstood.

They are not even remotely associated with each other.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    You are doing it again. Getting this bill passed doesn't help or hurt or hurt the cause of education funding in Dade county. When you make statements like that it can be easily misunderstood.

They are not even remotely associated with each other.
    So the county has money for stadium deals...but not education?
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    There is a Mike Dee rebuttal on there also. Good stuff from Dee.

Quote Quote