Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calling it Now 1st pick: DT Star Lotulelei

1. -11
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I go to kffl.com site every day and there are always interesting tidbits from all media sources. hearing since his heart is fine, he is back to the top. Oakland, jax, philly all possibilities.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Even though everyone on the forum is clearly an expert, nothing's a foregone conclusion in the draft. Chances are he won't be there, but it's not a crazy thought. To me though I'd rather take an end and kick Odrick inside so he can get his feet wet on the interior, that way we can see what we have in him and make an evaluation for next draft. Every draft has a number of first round DT's it seems and I think some outside pass rush is a more pressing need and there's a lot of talent.

Sign: Daryn Colledge
    Draft: 1. LB Ryan Shazier 2. OL Joel Bitonio 3. WR Donte Moncrief 4. OL Brandon Thomas 5. OT Laurent Duvernay Tardif 6. RB Bo Oliver 7. TBD

LT Albert LG Smith C Pouncey RG Colledge RT Bitonio
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    But what if trade rumors were just to be in position to take him. Wh0 would u pick between him and Johnson?
    Last edited by Blancgary911; 04-10-2013 at 11:53 PM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That would be a great pick.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portland
    Thanks / No Thanks

Calling it Now 1st pick: DT Star Lotulelei

Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    By "1st Pick" do you mean #1 overall to the Chiefs? If so, I agree he very well could be.

If you mean the Dolphins 1st pick, then I've got unfortunate news for you. He won't be there.
    Afraid CK is right. Star is ascending again and if here hasn't ever been that scare about his heart he never would've dropped in all those mock drafts. Every year there are a few guys who shoot up or drop down draft boards due to offseason happenings and everyone is really hot or cold on them and by the time the draft roles around whatever circumstance that had been overblown washes away and they end up right back where they started on the draft boards. Star is a top 5 pick.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ANUFan View Post
    This is contingent upon Star getting the medical O.K. I still think K.C. goes with one of the Tackles 1st overall very likely Joeckel.
    The new wrinkle in the top 10 is going to be

4. Geno Smith-Eagles
    5-10) Unexpected name, likely Tavon Austin.
    A couple posters have said he passed medical, but i figured id post what happened:

In a letter to Lotulelei's agent Bruce Tollner of REP 1 Sports that was forwarded to USA TODAY Sports, University of Utah cardiologist Josef Stehlik writes Lotulelei's heart function was improved during tests performed at the school's Health Sciences Center one week after Lotulelei withdrew from combine drills at the suggestion of doctors.

"A treadmill stress test showed normal response of the heart to exercise and an ambulatory EKG monitor revealed normal findings," Stehlik wrote. "This evaluation suggested that the initial heart function abnormality was likely transient, resulting from a viral infection."...

A person informed of the testing said Lotulelei has had multiple MRIs and nine total exams on his heart that have all come back clean.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-test/2047363/
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    he's not gonna get anywhere near our pick...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfin View Post
    That is a short sighted opinion. Lotulelei is one of the few blue chip impact players in this draft. The way to beat pocket QB's (BRADY, Marino) is to put quick pressure right up the middle. And as some have pointed out, Soliai and Starks are FA's next yr. If by some miracle, He falls to 12, the Phins would be tripping over themselves running to the podium.
    You would seriously pick a solid G over a D-lineman that can disrupt an offense?
    If we were talking about a solid OG I would agree with you, but we aren't. Cooper is not a SOLID OG. He is ELITE. He is arguably the best OG prospect to come out in the last 10 years. Last year coming out David DeCastro was considered a once in a decade OG and Cooper is a better prospect than him. So please, dont try to undermine my argument when you dont have the facts straight. Cooper is ELITE just like Richardson is ELITE. Considering we have Soliai and Starks tearing **** up, it wouldn't be the worst idea to once and for all shore up that **** of an interior line that we have. Not to mention that the OG position is actually becoming more important with the addition of the "new age" DTs that pass rush.
    Quote Quote