Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling it Now 1st pick: DT Star Lotulelei

1. -1
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Calling it Now 1st pick: DT Star Lotulelei

Obvious Pick, Obvious Move!

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

Powerful and agile starting nose tackle prospect. Versatile enough to play almost all interior defensive line positions across many types of fronts. Often the first player off the snap, will challenge the hand and foot quickness of guards inside. When choosing to bull rush, gets under his mans pads and churns his legs to push him backwards. Thick arms eat up ball carriers coming into his path. Quick feet and a bit of short-area speed to spin off blocks inside and follow plays across the field. Flashes arm-over move to penetrate. Recognize screens and track them down, also willing to move down the line while engaged. Greatly improved on reading blocking schemes, locating the football, and disengaging over his last two seasons.WEAKNESSES

Inconsistent keeping his eyes in the backfield to find the ball and being violent with his hands to shed, but has improved here and is a dominant run-stopper when he does. Will get pressure, but probably won't be a dominant sack artist at the next level due to how he'll be used. Lacks flexibility to break down on open-field tackles, ball carriers can elude him in the backfield. Does not beat cut blocks with his hands, though he does a good job recovering for his size, gets back into the play.NFL COMPARISON

Haloti NgataBOTTOM LINE

This active wide-body struggled with his weight and passion for the game while in Junior College, but Lotulelei (pronounced lo-too-leh-lay) has worked hard over the past couple of seasons to become the Pac-12s best defensive lineman (20.5 tackles for loss, 6.5 sacks over the last two years) and a probable first-round selection at nose tackle.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    By "1st Pick" do you mean #1 overall to the Chiefs? If so, I agree he very well could be.

If you mean the Dolphins 1st pick, then I've got unfortunate news for you. He won't be there.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Id love this pick

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is contingent upon Star getting the medical O.K. I still think K.C. goes with one of the Tackles 1st overall very likely Joeckel.
    The new wrinkle in the top 10 is going to be

4. Geno Smith-Eagles
    5-10) Unexpected name, likely Tavon Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    By "1st Pick" do you mean #1 overall to the Chiefs? If so, I agree he very well could be.

If you mean the Dolphins 1st pick, then I've got unfortunate news for you. He won't be there.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I doubt he would even be there at #12, but if he is there you could EASILY justify BPA. I would have no problem as far as taking the BPA, but its is not a need at all. D-Line is our deepest position and I'm not sure we have the luxury of taking a DT at this point. I would rather have Cooper.
    ______________ ________________
    *********Here's what happened the last time we traded for a Coach ******************* Lets do it again!! *************
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bayonne, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If he is there it makes sense. Starks and Solias contracts are up.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foozool13 View Post
    I doubt he would even be there at #12, but if he is there you could EASILY justify BPA. I would have no problem as far as taking the BPA, but its is not a need at all. D-Line is our deepest position and I'm not sure we have the luxury of taking a DT at this point. I would rather have Cooper.
    That is a short sighted opinion. Lotulelei is one of the few blue chip impact players in this draft. The way to beat pocket QB's (BRADY, Marino) is to put quick pressure right up the middle. And as some have pointed out, Soliai and Starks are FA's next yr. If by some miracle, He falls to 12, the Phins would be tripping over themselves running to the podium.
    You would seriously pick a solid G over a D-lineman that can disrupt an offense?
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Calling it Now 1st pick: DT Star Lotulelei

No thanks im fine with Starks Soliai and Odrick. He will go before wr pick anyway.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Finheaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    No thanks im fine with Starks Soliai and Odrick. He will go before wr pick anyway.
    Starks and Solai are both in the final year of their deals. If he is there at 12 it's a real possibility. I'm thinking #4 to the Eagles.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    Starks and Solai are both in the final year of their deals. If he is there at 12 it's a real possibility. I'm thinking #4 to the Eagles.
    sure and both can probably be re-signed for a pretty reasonable price next year, if one is stubborn odrick can step in. We have more pressing needs than DT.

Anyway Star will go top 5 so its not really worth discussion.
    Quote Quote