Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Wow, Eddie Lacy is Faster than I thought!

  1. -1
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    4,197
    vCash:
    7368
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Wow, Eddie Lacy is Faster than I thought!

    NFL.com's Bucky Brooks reported Lacy
    ran the 40-yard dash
    in 4.57 and 4.60 seconds. Lacy reportedly posted times of 4.58 and 4.62 at
    the Senior Bowl
    .

    I thought he was a 4.7-4.8 guy!!!

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...lts-at-workout
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    30,964
    vCash:
    24017
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    no idea why you would think lacy was that slow...anyways i don't think any back in this class warrants a top 25 pick...more the early 2nd round range...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    NY8123's Avatar
    Sophisticated Redneck

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    11,465
    vCash:
    3538
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would love to see this guy in Miami. I know it won't happen but I'd love to see him and Miller split carries.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever


    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    ckparrothead's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    47,121
    vCash:
    2603
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    Some folks had him at 4.40 to 4.49 in the 40 during the pro day.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Roman529's Avatar
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    33,568
    vCash:
    10109
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    I would love to see this guy in Miami. I know it won't happen but I'd love to see him and Miller split carries.
    Lacy looked good in the National Title game against Notre Dame. If we were able to obtain an extra 2nd rounder, I wouldn't mind taking him. I like him more than G. Bernard. I think it's possible no RB gets taken in the first this year.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    CANDolphan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2006
    Posts:
    2,912
    vCash:
    1333
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Some folks had him at 4.40 to 4.49 in the 40 during the pro day.
    Yeah but that's not his 40 time, that's the length of each drill he began before he quit because he was so out of shape.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    8,898
    vCash:
    2749
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's been nursing a hamstring which hasn't allowed him to really do anything as far working out. He only started running a week ago.

    There are no work ethic issues with Lacy. The knocks on Lacy are durability and ball security... the latter of which has been fixed under Coach Burns, and hasn't been an issue since early in his career.

    The speed is fine, especially for a 230 pound back that can break 4.5 when completely healthy. The most productive rookie running back in last year's draft ran 4.63 (Alfred Morris). Vick Ballard ran 4.59. Hell, Arian Foster ran 4.69.

    40 times are never more overrated than they are with running backs. It's so important to judge the tape with these guys.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    He's been nursing a hamstring which hasn't allowed him to really do anything as far working out. He only started running a week ago.

    There are no work ethic issues with Lacy. The knocks on Lacy are durability and ball security... the latter of which has been fixed under Coach Burns, and hasn't been an issue since early in his career.

    The speed is fine, especially for a 230 pound back that can break 4.5 when completely healthy. The most productive rookie running back in last year's draft ran 4.63 (Alfred Morris). Vick Ballard ran 4.59. Hell, Arian Foster ran 4.69.

    40 times are never more overrated than they are with running backs. It's so important to judge the tape with these guys.
    Which is why i REALLY want to get lattimore if he can be had with a 4th rd pick.....love how he runs, have since he was a frosh at SC. Before his injury, Lattimore was a sure fire 1st rounder.


    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    30,964
    vCash:
    24017
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    one thing about lattimore that i don't like is for a 229 lb back his lower legs are awfully thin...he looks like he carries most that weight in the upper half...i'm surprised he has the explosion he has shown pre injury with those lower legs...i guess his thighs are granite...i know one thing i watched that gruden qb camp with lattimore and fell in love with the kid...he seems like a real quality person...i know i'll be rooting for him in the pros...both those legs though with nasty scars at such a young age people are gonna be thinking about shelf life here...

    as for lacy you could watch that guy run at bama and tell for a big back he had very good speed...i think he better watch all that spinning all the way around in traffic though at the next level...one of these days he's gonna get drilled in the middle of one of those things...
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    rob19's Avatar
    Soul Rebel

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    7,065
    vCash:
    5657
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    ...i know one thing i watched that gruden qb camp with lattimore and fell in love with the kid...he seems like a real quality person...i know i'll be rooting for him in the pros...both those legs though with nasty scars at such a young age people are gonna be thinking about shelf life here...
    Hard not to root for him
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. ed lacy might be there at 54
    By motormouthmaz in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-26-2013, 07:49 PM
  2. How about Eddie Lacy?
    By ahmilli in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-10-2012, 11:26 PM
  3. lacy spice
    By lurking in forum The Ladies Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-23-2012, 01:42 PM
  4. Lacy Spice
    By RiderOnTheStorm in forum The Ladies Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2011, 08:32 PM
  5. Antarctic Glaciers Melting Faster Than Thought
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Science & Technology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 05:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •