Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starting to like Eifert over Austin

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jacksonville,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For me.....Eifert has been the pick all along.With Keller/Eifert,we'll have our own Gronkowski/Hernandez safety valves for Tanney.There is NO "CAN'T MISS" pick......but this is as close as you'll get to it!!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Starting to like Eifert over Austin

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman54 View Post
    For me.....Eifert has been the pick all along.With Keller/Eifert,we'll have our own Gronkowski/Hernandez safety valves for Tanney.There is NO "CAN'T MISS" pick......but this is as close as you'll get to it!!!
    I agree. Look at what the Colts did with Dwayne Allen and Coby Fleener. Pats with Gronk and Hernandez. Vikings trying to help Ponder by loading up TE's. Bears same thing..

Eifert and Keller make Tannehill a top 15 qb out of the gate
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Even last year we moved the ball between the 20's. Are defence allowed teams to move between the 20's but did a very good job keeping them out of the endzone. Presently we have greatly improved our abiltiy to move between the 20;s and an ability to score from deep but have not greatly improved inside the 20 offence-so I also think Eifert is the guy. His supposed weakness-lacking great speed does not matter close to endzone-his height and incredible ability to snatch the ball up high fit perfect.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Galloway, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Eifert, I really do. But I think Austin/ Ertz is better than Eifert /Swope - I would be thrilled either way. But I don't see Eifert that much higher than Ertz. I see Austin much higher than Swope.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    The world is your's...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LI, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeoilSeller View Post
    I like Eifert, I really do. But I think Austin/ Ertz is better than Eifert /Swope - I would be thrilled either way. But I don't see Eifert that much higher than Ertz. I see Austin much higher than Swope.
    I don't really disagree w/ you but I can't imagine a situation where Ertz falls all the way to us at 44. We would probably have to trade back into the mid to high 20s to grab Ertz after taking Austin at 12, and I'm not sure if we would be able to do that without giving up both 2nd rounders... If we can get from 44 to say 30 and give up something like a 3rd and a 4th then we might be talkin.

I just think that Eifert is a pick that we won't regret at 12. I love his skill set long term and his immediate impact would be huge. Putting Eifert in the slot or at TE on the field at the same time as Wallace, Hartline and Keller with Miller in the backfield gives us the ability to attack every single area of the field and creates huge matchup problems for defenses. I didn't even mention the possibility of having Eifert at TE and Bess in the slot with Wallace and Hartline or Gibson outside, and I'm salivating about the potential of these offensive sets.
    If we can nab Eifert at 12 and then fill out our needs at cb, ot, pass rusher, and rb with our next 4 picks I will be a very happy man.

"I don't have pet peeves, I have psychotic ****ing hatred"
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    best hands in this draft class.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    cowboy surfer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sometimes the draft just falls your way. That's Miami this year with Tyler Eifert.

Ireland doesn't need to do a thing at #12. Just sit back and add high quality talent to the roster. Don't over think it.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lurgan, N Ireland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don't think Keller was our first choice because he isn't a great red zone threat, eifert would sort that. Count me as one who would have him as my first choice.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Starting to like Eifert over Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbone34 View Post
    Sometimes the draft just falls your way. That's Miami this year with Tyler Eifert.

Ireland doesn't need to do a thing at #12. Just sit back and add high quality talent to the roster. Don't over think it.
    Amen.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Eifort as well. Have for a while. With the projected picks I don't see anyone else worth the 12th pick. We can get the other peices later in the draft.
    Quote Quote