Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starting to like Eifert over Austin

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Welcome aboard. The Eifert/Swope train adds explosiveness and speed to 2 positions, but also will score more TD's. Eifert is the very best red zone TE in this draft. He has length and lift to go over DB's with ease. He is the best catcher in traffic in this draft as well. Put the ball on his hands and it's a touchdown, and Tannehill has shown that he has consistent pinpoint accuracy. Not to mention that Eifert is fast and runs a great seam route. He is a no-risk throw on the seam route too, because he's strong enough to survive the jostling down the deep middle without being bounced away and allowing an INT. He is taller and longer to create a bigger throwing window for Tannehill. He adjusts to the ball in the air very well, so even errant throws are caught or knocked down. And, he is so good at catching in traffic that your completion percentage at those big chunk plays will rise dramatically. Nobody cares how fast you were if you drop the ball.

Eifert is going to join the group of elite TE's in this league. I hope it's as a Miami Dolphin. He reminds me of Tony Gonzalez.
    "I want guys who want to make an impact on and off the field. Good human beings. Guys who want to get better. Guys who want to improve. They want to be great, want to win. Those types of guys we can work with every day." --Joe Philbin
    - Defending the Read Option - What do you think?
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    Welcome aboard. The Eifert/Swope train adds explosiveness and speed to 2 positions, but also will score more TD's. Eifert is the very best red zone TE in this draft. He has length and lift to go over DB's with ease. He is the best catcher in traffic in this draft as well. Put the ball on his hands and it's a touchdown, and Tannehill has shown that he has consistent pinpoint accuracy. Not to mention that Eifert is fast and runs a great seam route. He is a no-risk throw on the seam route too, because he's strong enough to survive the jostling down the deep middle without being bounced away and allowing an INT. He is taller and longer to create a bigger throwing window for Tannehill. He adjusts to the ball in the air very well, so even errant throws are caught or knocked down. And, he is so good at catching in traffic that your completion percentage at those big chunk plays will rise dramatically. Nobody cares how fast you were if you drop the ball.

Eifert is going to join the group of elite TE's in this league. I hope it's as a Miami Dolphin. He reminds me of Tony Gonzalez.
    Eiifert and Swope tearing up the middle with Wallace and Hartline and going down the flanks..... man thats a beautiful (and scary) thought.

Give me Eifert over Austin any day of the week. Maybe less fancy highlights but Eifert will contribute every down whether he is blocking, going down the field or catching in the red zone.

I see the Gonzalez comparison but he reminds me more of Jason Witten.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I could live with Eifert at #12....I don't think Eifert or Ertz will be around when we pick again at 2A. Many people like us taking Travis Kelce in round three, but some other team might grab him. There are more high quality WR's out there this year than top TE's, so I think Eifert could be the pick if we go with Offense in the first. I have a feeling a team like the Rams takes Austin in the first to replace Amendola/Gibson.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    London
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post

If Eifert is such a good red zone TE, why did he score so few TDs at Notre Dame (4 in 2011 and 5 in 2012)? I'm not against taking him at 12, just curious about the circumstances around his relatively average red zone production in college.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Starting to like Eifert over Austin

Quote Originally Posted by hilslo View Post
    If Eifert is such a good red zone TE, why did he score so few TDs at Notre Dame (4 in 2011 and 5 in 2012)? I'm not against taking him at 12, just curious about the circumstances around his relatively average red zone production in college.
    This is just my opinion, but Notre Dame's qbs were horrid.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnr226 View Post
    This is just my opinion, but Notre Dame's qbs were horrid.
    Not to mention he was double teamed all season, he was the main weapon on his team.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdandinches View Post
    He would be another great option at 12. Helping RT out with a reliable target would only be a smart move.

We could easily still use FA to fill a couple immediate needs with J.Abraham and E.Winston/T.Clabo.
    Now were talking i love ur draft picks there , if it came close to them picks, New England will have to take a back seat cus will be right on the driver side ....
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Draft >
    1. T.Eifert TE
    2. E.Lacy RB
    2. J.Poyer CB
    3. R.Swoop WR
    3. C.Washington DE
    4. B.Williams OT
    5. B.McGee CB
    6. D.Hopkins K
    7. T.Hawkinson OT

FA signing J.Abraham DE
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hilslo View Post
    Well dcnr226 beat me to it, but Notre Dame's QB's were atrocious. They had one "passing" QB who was poor, and one "running" QB who was downright terrible. Those guys couldn't put the ball anywhere consistently, which is one of the reasons we know Eifert is so good at adjusting to bad throws ... because he had to adjust to so many bad throws at Notre Dame.

Additionally, Notre Dame's coach Kelly prefers an exciting open offense, but he didn't have the personnel to make it work last year. So, he played to his team's strength, the defense. He went for ball control and used an explosive runner as his QB to try and generate chunk yardage that way. It was successful. When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade ... even if you want rum and soda. Notre Dame's QB's were two flavors of lemons.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I want Austin but would be ok with Eifert as long as they pick up another receiver, who has some good speed/ play making ability, with one of their first 4 picks. CB, DE, TE, WR, then OT should be the priorities with the first 5 picks.
    Quote Quote