Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoops scoops...reading the tea leaves day 1 draft predictions...

1. -1
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks

Hoops scoops...reading the tea leaves day 1 draft predictions...

Day one predictions as we close in to 10 days to the nfl draft...

if kc doesn't go OT it's dt star lotuleilia...

the raiders are locked In on sharif Floyd...

joeckel fisher and lane Johnson will all come off the board in the top 5 picks...

if Miami stays at #12 the pick will be cornerback Xavier Rhodes...

Barkevious mingo will be a top 10 pick...

if Tampa doesn't acquire revis and keeps the #13 pick they will select Tyler eifert te...

if the jets do acquire the #13 pick in a revis trade they will select mingo if he is there at # 9 they will use the #13 on OT dj fluker...

if tavon Austin gets to #16 the rams will take him if he's gone the pick will be safety Kenny vacarro...

qb geno smith will be a top 10 pick...

4 dts will come off in the top 20 picks...star sharif Floyd Richardson and Sylvester Williams...

san Fran will package picks to move up in rd #1 for a safety...they will use the other 1st rounder on te zach ertz...

wr Robert woods will be a 1st round pick...

no rb will be selected in rd #1...

jarvis jones will go no earlier than pick #17 Pittsburgh...

damontre Moore will fall out of rd #1...

jonathon cooper will be the first guard off the board...

ezekial ansah will fall out of the top 10...

bjoern Werner will fall out of the top 20...

wr Patterson will fall out of the top 20...the only wr in the top 20 will be tavon Austin...

someone will trade up for qb Matt Barkley in the top 25 picks...

Chance warmack will be a San Diego charger pick #11...

de Cornelius carradines even off an acl will be the first flo st de to come off the board...
    Last edited by hooshoops; 04-14-2013 at 08:38 PM.
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Finheaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Hoops scoops...reading the tea leaves day 1 draft predictions...

I think you are right on a good number of those predictions. I don't think Werner slides that far though.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Hoops scoops...reading the tea leaves day 1 draft predictions...

I really hoped you wouldnt pair us with Rhodes.... not a fan of that pick at all.
    Im selling a club level ticket to the Dolphins v Raiders in London - will sell it for below face value. PM me if your interested.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    so 3 LT would go off the board in first five. we must be crazy to want one of those guys.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    don't agree with:

1. joeckel fisher and lane Johnson will all come off the board in the top 5 picks...

2. 4 dts will come off in the top 20 picks...star sharif Floyd Richardson and Sylvester Williams...

3. wr Robert woods will be a 1st round pick...

4. bjoern Werner will fall out of the top 20...
    If the Dolphins don't trade up for one of the tackles or Dee Milliner, I think the pick comes down to Rhodes, Desmond Trufant or Jon Cooper.

Ansah should fall out of the top ten because he isn't worth a top 10 pick.

I've seen talk of Damontre Moore falling out of round 2 as well.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    the raiders are locked In on sharif Floyd...

joeckel fisher and lane Johnson will all come off the board in the top 5 picks...
    So which in your opinion is the odd team out? I'm assuming Philly, since they have no track record to draw on.

Barkevious mingo will be a top 10 pick...

qb geno smith will be a top 10 pick...
    Let's assume for a minute Philly doesn't take Geno Smith. Which team from 6-10 is the one that takes him? Outside of the Browns I don't see a particularly likely choice.

Interesting you don't have anything to say about Dion Jordan, and that although you think Lotulelei is in consideration for #1 you don't consider him a top 10 or 5 or whatever lock. I think perhaps you realized you were locking in too many variables.

For me the focus of the draft has gone away from figuring out the top 11 to figuring out the top 5, since I consider a trade up with the Browns the most likely thing to happen on the 25th. It's contingent on Johnson or Milliner being there, or so I'm told, with the key to that puzzle really lying with Philly and whether they covet Johnson. If they do, then the Lions (according to my Lions friend) are likely to take Milliner. But the Lions apparently prefer Johnson. So if Philly takes Geno Smith or Dion Jordan or whomever, then that allows the Lions to take Johnson, we trade up for Milliner, and then TheWalrus sings a happy tune that we didn't do something dumb in trading up for an OT.
    No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfin View Post
    don't agree with:

If the Dolphins don't trade up for one of the tackles or Dee Milliner, I think the pick comes down to Rhodes, Desmond Trufant or Jon Cooper.

Ansah should fall out of the top ten because he isn't worth a top 10 pick.

I've seen talk of Damontre Moore falling out of round 2 as well.
    Sylvester Williams is going higher than people think. Dallas at #18 is very possible...

if ansah gets by the cards at #7 he is falling out of the top 10 and still on the board at 12

damontre Moore still on the board in the 3rd would not surprise me at all
    Quote Quote  

8. -8

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    So which in your opinion is the odd team out? I'm assuming Philly, since they have no track record to draw on.

Let's assume for a minute Philly doesn't take Geno Smith. Which team from 6-10 is the one that takes him? Outside of the Browns I don't see a particularly likely choice.

Interesting you don't have anything to say about Dion Jordan, and that although you think Lotulelei is in consideration for #1 you don't consider him a top 10 or 5 or whatever lock. I think perhaps you realized you were locking in too many variables.

For me the focus of the draft has gone away from figuring out the top 11 to figuring out the top 5, since I consider a trade up with the Browns the most likely thing to happen on the 25th. It's contingent on Johnson or Milliner being there, or so I'm told, with the key to that puzzle really lying with Philly and whether they covet Johnson. If they do, then the Lions (according to my Lions friend) are likely to take Milliner. But the Lions apparently prefer Johnson. So if Philly takes Geno Smith or Dion Jordan or whomever, then that allows the Lions to take Johnson, we trade up for Milliner, and then TheWalrus sings a happy tune that we didn't do something dumb in trading up for an OT.
    Yes Philly is the one in the top 5 that is not going OT. Star either goes to kc or falls into the bottom half of the top 10. I am having a hard time figuring out which team will take geno smith in the top 10 but zero doubt in my mind it will happen. Detroit is going OT. Dee milliner will still be on the board at #6
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    if kc doesn't go OT it's dt star lotuleilia...Never thought about them NOT going OT. If they don't you can bet Jeff will be working the phones to move up. Would make the 25th an interesting night.

the raiders are locked In on sharif Floyd...I am not sure this is true IF, IF, IF Oakland can bail out and get more picks. Floyd is not a "make or break" player for them. So, I AGREE they will take him at 3 if they are stuck, but would cherish the thought of snagging the Palmer #2 back.

joeckel fisher and lane Johnson will all come off the board in the top 5 picks...1. Joeckel, 2. Jordan, 3. Floyd, 4. Lotulelel 5. Fisher, 6. Milliner 7. Johnson...so, disagree

if Miami stays at #12 the pick will be cornerback Xavier Rhodes...I cannot say how much I believe the pick WILL NOT be Rhodes nor Cooper or Warmack. Rhodes is not a fit and I think the Grimes signing is a clear indicator that Ireland can many other direction than CB.

Barkevious mingo will be a top 10 pick...Maybe to the Jets and it will be the biggest bust of the draft

if Tampa doesn't acquire revis and keeps the #13 pick they will select Tyler eifert te...DISAGREE, the pick will be Rhodes

if the jets do acquire the #13 pick in a revis trade they will select mingo if he is there at # 9 they will use the #13 on OT dj fluker...DISAGREE. The Jets have do something sexy and help their QB.

if tavon Austin gets to #16 the rams will take him if he's gone the pick will be safety Kenny vacarro...AGREE, but Austin does not make it to 16.

qb geno smith will be a top 10 pick...DISAGREE

4 dts will come off in the top 20 picks...star sharif Floyd Richardson and Sylvester Williams...I say three...Williams just misses top 20

san Fran will package picks to move up in rd #1 for a safety...they will use the other 1st rounder on te zach ertz...Bold take, but you are correct that they will package picks because all of those picks will not make the team.

wr Robert woods will be a 1st round pick...Disagree...albeit slightly....early 2

no rb will be selected in rd #1...Slam Dunk Agree

jarvis jones will go no earlier than pick #17 Pittsburgh...AGREE

damontre Moore will fall out of rd #1...VERY MUCH AGREE

jonathon cooper will be the first guard off the board...VERY MUCH AGREE

ezekial ansah will fall out of the top 10...STRONGLY DISAGREE

bjoern Werner will fall out of the top 20...AGREE

wr Patterson will fall out of the top 20...the only wr in the top 20 will be tavon Austin...AGREE

someone will trade up for qb Matt Barkley in the top 25 picks...AGREE

Chance warmack will be a San Diego charger pick #11...AGREE

de Cornelius carradines even off an acl will be the first flo st de to come off the board....AGREE
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    Yes Philly is the one in the top 5 that is not going OT. Star either goes to kc or falls into the bottom half of the top 10. I am having a hard time figuring out which team will take geno smith in the top 10 but zero doubt in my mind it will happen. Dion Jordan i believe goes to Philly. Detroit is going OT. Dee milliner will still be on the board at #6
    If you are having a hard time with it why are you so certain?

Here's what I think. Despite all the rumors that Oakland covets Floyd... Lotulelei actually goes there and it's Floyd who falls down the board somewhat, perhaps even past Richardson. To be honest though I'm not sure the three OTs go in the top five. Jacksonville in particular could go Jordan or Milliner. They already have Eugene Monroe and their new head coach was Seattle's DC. I'm also not sure on the order of the OTs. It wouldn't shock me at all to see Joeckel be the last one off the board.

If Milliner is on the board @ 6 and all of the OTs are gone I fully expect us to trade up for him. Would be shocked if we didn't, frankly. Then later in round one we'd trade up (which is going to be made more difficult with teams trading back into the 1st for QBs) for Menelik Watson. If we take an OT @ 6 then I'm not sure what will happen on a trade up of if we even trade up at that point.
    Quote Quote